House Price Crash Forum

Housing Market Facing "a Perfect Storm"

djgilbo

HOLA441

5th Jul 2010 38 Constable Grove, Billingham TS23 3GL

Semi-detached, Freehold, 2 Beds, 1 Baths, -- Receps - Edit £115,000

Its Billingham FFS.

For those who don;t know, its a dumping ground between Middlesbrough + Hartlepool.

There is no housing shortage in this area. There's a job shortage. There's a heroin shortage.

These sort of houses normally only go for about 1 or 2 times average wage - so about 35k to 50k.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

Yeah, so all new build in 1999-2000, and I guess he bought new. So IO alone can;t explain this, MEW central it would appear. Funny the producers never bother to ask basic questions which might be prudent so as not to totally undermine the point they attempt to make. Hardly requires much 'research', and we don't even have the addresses to start with.

Numbers 30 and 32 are visually identical to the house in the programme, at least from the front. They were selling for closer to £30k as new build. Totally nuts, maybe the guy's neighbour (#38) just lucked out with a mug who paid well over the odds recently.

30 Constable Grove, Billingham, Stockton-on-tees TS23 3GL

£60,000 Semi-Detached, Leasehold 08 Jul 2004

£28,250 Semi-Detached, Leasehold 21 Jun 2001

£48,950 Semi-Detached, Leasehold 27 Jan 2000

32 Constable Grove, Billingham, Stockton-on-tees TS23 3GL

£54,000 Semi-Detached, Freehold 31 Jan 2012

£60,000 Semi-Detached, Leasehold 14 Apr 2005

£30,000 Semi-Detached, Leasehold 06 Aug 2001

£48,950 Semi-Detached, Leasehold (New Build) 25 Feb 2000

Just catching up.

Those 2000/2001 figures look about right for now (2012).

See my earlier post today.

Problem is these houses look like they have a very short (30 years) life.

HOLA443
HOLA444

I had to laugh when those 3 guys and the camera crew were squeezed in to that poky central London flat and one of them (the EA I imagine) called it "spacious". Anyone with eyes or an aerodynamic cat could see it wasn't spacious. I don't know how they kept a straight face when he announced the price tag.

"It's a very desirable place and location" asserted the overseas investor. "For you?" asked Maitland. "No, no.", he replied, "Tenants".

HOLA445

I had to laugh when those 3 guys and the camera crew were squeezed in to that poky central London flat and one of them (the EA I imagine) called it "spacious". Anyone with eyes or an aerodynamic cat could see it wasn't spacious. I don't know how they kept a straight face when he announced the price tag.

"It's a very desirable place and location" asserted the overseas investor. "For you?" asked Maitland. "No, no.", he replied, "Tenants".

Made me laugh that fools were paying millions for effectively social housing, and these places will essentially sit empty so they don't get messed up by tenants

Really just a dumping ground for stolen / looted cash,

Edited by Socially Housed