House Price Crash Forum

Gold strategy in the current economy

HOLA441
3 minutes ago, Killer Bunny said:

Short? Don’t be ridiculous. Sold half miners though, after 160% rally.

Up or down - can’t lose. #investing

This is the bought Bitcoin for $11 , sold it for $30 , 172% gain, im so smart, cant lose, school of investing.  Now watch the price sail away and you never buy in again because the price is "to high". 

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

I like to use Google trends as a barometer of what is going on. Searching gold and silver shows decaying interest, search gold prices shows a small spike (nothing compared to March though) silver prices are showing a spike like that of March. This overall tells me that general interest has not hit mainstream and should have further to go (mania phase).

HOLA445
5 minutes ago, LetsBuild said:

I like to use Google trends as a barometer of what is going on. Searching gold and silver shows decaying interest, search gold prices shows a small spike (nothing compared to March though) silver prices are showing a spike like that of March. This overall tells me that general interest has not hit mainstream and should have further to go (mania phase).

Good research!!

From what I have seen, even quite financially literate people, know nothing about gold.

HOLA446
1 hour ago, Locke said:

Can't we at least keep it civil? No need for insults when we can just look at what happens in 3 months.

I'm just messing around.. I don't mean any offence.

I like @Killer Bunny the place has livened up since he's been back and he offers predictions /forecasts which very few people would .

HOLA447
HOLA448
1 hour ago, dannyf said:

Do you invest in anything other than pound sterling? You seem to be negative towards any asset that goes up against it

Not really but then i believe every asset and financial function of society is rigged. sure you can win and lose money but do i believe i am wiser than the next and it is a natural phenomenon if i did  NO.  

HOLA449
2 minutes ago, reddog said:

Question about price rises:

If gold hit (just for example) $3000/oz, would you:

a) stop buying gold (or reduce buying considerably)

or

b) start buying more gold

I'd be less likely to buy. Higher prices mean a greater chance of my gold holding forming too large a proportion of my total investments. While it's quite high at the moment for me (15% or therabouts), $3k means it'll be over 20%.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
7 minutes ago, Warlord said:

I've stopped buying since June, regrettably.  I dont know what to do to be honest. Just going to hodl and see.

Here's my last order

2020 Gold Sovereign Bullion Coin 2  £352.95    £705.90

I remember buying those at 175 each.

Ughhhhh

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
6 minutes ago, Warlord said:

I'm sure your not complaining ! 

Have you sold any or just holding long term like myself?

Well, I was poorer back then, so I couldn't get much. I also thought buttcoins were a steal at £700, but didn't have the cash for them then either.

I feel quite sick, because although the price of some of my stuff is going up, it means that things generally are getting worse ?

HOLA4414
1 minute ago, Locke said:

Well, I was poorer back then, so I couldn't get much. I also thought buttcoins were a steal at £700, but didn't have the cash for them then either.

I feel quite sick, because although the price of some of my stuff is going up, it means that things generally are getting worse ?

Schiff makes the same point in his latest podcast:

https://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?/topic/166794-gold-strategy-in-the-current-economy/&do=findComment&comment=1103611896

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
3 hours ago, reddog said:

or

or c) Ho's, coke & Vegas ?

If you buy in around $3,000 it  might be more about wealth preservation than any potential higher capital gains.

HOLA4418
13 minutes ago, Fishfinger said:

Mine were £98 and an oz was £320 back in 2006...

Ah.....those were the days.... & Ag Maples @ £9 a pop....

10 minutes ago, Fishfinger said:

or c) Ho's, coke & Vegas ?

If you buy in around $3,000 it  might be more about wealth preservation than any potential higher capital gains.

I'd be content if the new floor was £2,500.... but I think it might end up higher so I intend to keep buying the dips... When they eventually arrive...

Edited by headmelter

HOLA4419
4 hours ago, Locke said:

Can't we at least keep it civil? No need for insults when we can just look at what happens in 3 months.

Muting you now. How dare you tell me how to post?

HOLA4420
3 hours ago, Warlord said:

I'm just messing around.. I don't mean any offence.

I like @Killer Bunny the place has livened up since he's been back and he offers predictions /forecasts which very few people would .

Fine and what will you do if you’re wrong and I’m right given you laughed at me? Rude.

HOLA4421
3 hours ago, reddog said:

or

If Gold takes out 3000US next year, strongly, it will be bubble and you could expect 7-10k by H1 22.

HOLA4422

I told all of you 13 (or so) years ago that these days would come.

So.

Now that we took $2,000, here are the next stops:

Gold awakens.

-- >

$5,000

Then the bond market starts "diversifying" into gold = putting Niagara Falls through your garden hose,  thus leading to final stop:

-->

330px-FullMoon2010.jpg

Edited by Silverfinger

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
7 hours ago, Gigantic Purple Slug said:

Doesn't feel like $2000 was a significant price point for the market, at least in the short term.

Be interesting to see where this runs out of steam.

I think the market is looking for much rounder numbers here: $5,000, $10,000, ... you get the picture.

Edited by Silverfinger
Plural added.

HOLA4425