House Price Crash Forum

THE GREAT BIG FAT GREEK THREAD

HOLA441

Goldman Sachs indicted yet again. This organisation is out of control and threatening the foundations of Western democracy.

EVERYONE with any connection to Goldman should be removed from public office now, and the company should be placed into administration, then broken up.

It's like something out of 'the firm

Never going to happen - who are Romney and Obama's biggest donors. You guessed it - they have bought everyone!

• Replies 10.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

Well there goes 130 billion lots of hugging backslapping kissing and of course lots of photos , brilliant bit of work by the Eurocrats I mean who else could give away 130 billion that they don't have and call it a massive success but Im sure we will get every penny back from Greece plus interest as well :angry:

HOLA443

Well there goes 130 billion lots of hugging backslapping kissing and of course lots of photos , brilliant bit of work by the Eurocrats I mean who else could give away 130 billion that they don't have and call it a massive success but Im sure we will get every penny back from Greece plus interest as well :angry:

Well it should last long enough to get Sarkozy through the French Presidential election - that's all that matters for the EU and his two key opponents don't exactly buy into the package.

A good analysis here of what nonsense it all its and how the figures are not credible

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/presenting-full-greek-sustainability-analysis-take-it-away-german-media

Particularly like this observation - it is nonsense even in year 1 - yes the downside case assumes Greece will see only a 1% decline in GDP in 2013 when their GDP fell 7% in the last quarter of 2011 alone!

"Becase wait, there's more: the downside case assumes -1.0% GDP decline in 2013. As a reminder, in Q4 Greek GDP imploded by -7%! Somehow we are to believe that within a year, the country will not only turn around its economy, which is foundering courtesy of infinite austerity and striking tax collectors, but almost generate growth???"

HOLA444
HOLA445

Well it should last long enough to get Sarkozy through the French Presidential election - that's all that matters for the EU and his two key opponents don't exactly buy into the package.

A good analysis here of what nonsense it all its and how the figures are not credible

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/presenting-full-greek-sustainability-analysis-take-it-away-german-media

Particularly like this observation - it is nonsense even in year 1 - yes the downside case assumes Greece will see only a 1% decline in GDP in 2013 when their GDP fell 7% in the last quarter of 2011 alone!

"Becase wait, there's more: the downside case assumes -1.0% GDP decline in 2013. As a reminder, in Q4 Greek GDP imploded by -7%! Somehow we are to believe that within a year, the country will not only turn around its economy, which is foundering courtesy of infinite austerity and striking tax collectors, but almost generate growth???"

Maybe Germany will send in an army of its own tax collectors.

Though under an EU umbrella, of course.

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

http://globaleconomicanalysis.blogspot.com/

Meaningless Greek Deal Supposedly Reached; Deal Won't Hold

Reuters reports Deal reached on second Greek bailout package

Euro zone finance ministers struck a deal early on Tuesday for a second bailout program for Greece that will involve financing of 130 billion euros and aims to cut Greece's debts to 121 percent of GDP by 2020, EU officials said.

HOLA4413

So this debt reduction is 'voluntary' and CDSs will not kick in?

Where does this leave the CDS market?

its a bit like losing your home voluntarily, no-one has to house you.

Im just wondering where the voluntary element comes from..my pension fund never contacted me to ask if I wanted a haircut on my Southern European fund...so maybe its not really voluntary at all.

I am still wondering why the CDS was such an issue., As posters and banks point out relentlessly, it all cancels out in a massive circle jerk, almost as big as an ex IMF leaders sex party.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419

This is just getting more and more unreal. We get an application of the same medicine with no explanation of why the first dose failed to work and in fact made things worse. I did enjoy a comparison with the Mad Hatters Tea Party I read which about summed it all up.

The treatment of debt interest is maybe even worse

This section will read a little like the Mad Hatters Tea Party. In this the Euro zone or March Hare is forecasting that Greece will be able to issue new debt at just below 4% in the early part of the next decade and then just above it. Alice meanwhile will be pointing out that the one-year bond yield is over 600%, the two -year is over 195% and the ten-year is 34%.

Should he have a burst of sense the March Hare might blurt out that the “temporary rescue” for Greece shows no signs of having an end. Indeed prospective investors in Greek bonds may be unable to tear their eyes from this section of the proposed plan.

which essentially implies that any new debt will be junior to all existing debt

Is there anybody out there who wants to be a holder of second-class Greek government bonds?

http://www.mindfulmoney.co.uk/wp/shaun-richards/the-latest-greek-bailout-has-euro-zone-leaders-acting-like-the-march-hare-from-alice-in-wonderland/

HOLA4420

um pointless?

I can't see CDS not being triggered.

Say I have one. I have a bond, no need for me to negotiate, if I don't get paid on the bond, I go to the CDS issuer and ask them to pay. If they don't I go to court. My case is rock solid, even a judge who is corrupt would have trouble judging against me, as everyone would know he was on the take and he would be risking too much to judge against me, and there are many levels of court to corrupt.

Mind you, I have read only 2 billion CDS is outstanding. Maybe they bought it all up.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422

Stupid question, but when is Portugal going to demand a 70% write-off of its debt?

The Irish won't because the Irish are too like the Brits and will just bend over, take it up the bottom... but surely people in Portugal, Italy and Spain are now going to ask about their own debt?

Yes. but would Portugal and Ireland accept the same kind of terms as Greece?

It appears that there is going to be a blocked account and a permanent troika presence. I think the deal also insists that debt repayment has priority over any other Government spending and there's a clause that this has to be written into the Greek constitution, according to the Wall Street Journal.

Besides elections becoming irrelevant, I think there will be a lot of unpaid wages in Greece this year, rather like Russia in the 90s. I had a teacher friend in Russia who was paid in chicken livers for six months. Funny part was, she was vegetarian.

Never mind about the 'projections' coming right for 2020. It'll be total anarchy by July.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424

@yanisvaroufakis calls it as it is

These were pretty strong words. Did he say depression & Greece has officially defaulted?

Anyone catch his channel 4 news interview tonight? Is it worth a watch?

Edited by pl1

HOLA4425