The Range Rover bubble has bursted

HOLA441
  • Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
32 minutes ago, Orb said:

We're not responsible for another's state of mind. If other people react to us with stress, they've chosen to get stressed, and need to look at themselves and ask fundamental questions. Meanwhile, we'll keep being entirely free of car finance, and feeling the win of financial freedom. 

Enjoy your PCP payment this month 😄 

I pay less for my car than you pay for your car. Substantially less if you take fuel into account.

I couldn't give less of a shit what you drive, it's how you drive it.

I have noticed that shit old bangers are driven with very little skill and no regard for other road users. In fact I saw a Micra just yesterday, swerving all over the road. Said to my wife, "Drugs, or old?". As we went past at some lights, the heavily bearded and beanie-wearing driver showed us that his problem was, in fact, drugs.

HOLA443
5 minutes ago, Locke said:

I have noticed that shit old bangers are driven with very little skill and no regard for other road users. In fact I saw a Micra just yesterday, swerving all over the road. Said to my wife, "Drugs, or old?". As we went past at some lights, the heavily bearded and beanie-wearing driver showed us that his problem was, in fact, drugs.

Bit assumptive mate..... he could've been drunk! 

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
22 hours ago, staintunerider said:

He could destroy this entire country financially leading to social unrest and of course he'd be off to the states with those green cards he sorted years ago....leaving the UK in societal breakdown.....given such a scenario I could see the pound under such pressure in the future when it all unravels IR's would have to go way above 10%...15% or more.....you'd get bank failures and you could either let the system break or bail it out and the market isn;t goin g to like you devaluing the pound....you'd be absolutely cornered as a govt in power when the **** hits the fan....

The housing market in such a scenario would go back to the 90's actual real prices or even the 80's...defaults would be in the hundreds of thousands with 10 or 15 % rates.....

That guy Sunak can't see beyond his own short term selfish interest....what a freaking selfish narcissistic MORON

All so the scumbag can play PM! I see why he bought Cameron back they are the same kind of filth!

image.png.98cca684d614d79b21096bc964f9e9ea.png

Like him or lothe him

• We had an election the winner was BJ
  • Mps decided to get rid of him
  • They had a members election they chose truss
  • Mps decided to get rid of her
  • They all decided themselves we needed Sunak
  • Looks like nobody likes him

Politicians lust for situations where they can avoid the dirty public making the decisions.  They should have just called an election ages ago and now they are thrashing about trying to avoid annihilation.

As posted for the 100th time LVM there is no way avoiding the collapse just doing it yourself and taking the hit (real leadership) and doing it sooner the better vs total collapse.

In a fee market capitalist democracy people make mistakes they borrow too much and they loose, they vote for a liar and when they do not do what they say they get rid of them etc etc.  

What we are seeing is a floundering class trying to told it all together and taking so long doing it... its going to be worse every thousand immigrants without a job on a dingy is another thousands rioters and unemployed when the shit hits the fan.  It is a clear case of diminishing returns by spending more and more and taking the productive parts of the economy to waste keeping immigration high, avoiding pain and keeping housing costs epensive.

its looking more and more like scorched earth to me I do not know how the Labour Party is going to extract enough money to keep unions happy.... and avoid a massive recession as people are tapped out yes there looks like a lot of wealth but a lot of that is fur coat and no knickers once the party really gets going.

HOLA447
23 hours ago, A.steve said:

Interesting ideas.... Is £20K for fully comprehensive or third party?

If the insurance situation were resolved, and if road tax could be constrained... then it could be a good occasional use car - if security problems could be addressed cost effectively.

You can still buy steering locks? They are coming back into fashion because of new cars being easy to steal! Don't know if it makes it impossible, or just enough hassle they they will target someone else.

HOLA448
22 hours ago, The Angry Capitalist said:

Some will.

But what we are about to go through has not happened in most of their lifetimes.

The market in luxury vehicles is going to change so quickly the book prices will not reflect the present reality to any calculable degree.

image.png.b644e0d8b6cd15f708a47060e06ea4b2.png

HOLA449
23 hours ago, staintunerider said:

He could destroy this entire country financially leading to social unrest and of course he'd be off to the states with those green cards he sorted years ago....leaving the UK in societal breakdown.....given such a scenario I could see the pound under such pressure in the future when it all unravels IR's would have to go way above 10%...15% or more.....you'd get bank failures and you could either let the system break or bail it out and the market isn;t goin g to like you devaluing the pound....you'd be absolutely cornered as a govt in power when the **** hits the fan....

The housing market in such a scenario would go back to the 90's actual real prices or even the 80's...defaults would be in the hundreds of thousands with 10 or 15 % rates.....

That guy Sunak can't see beyond his own short term selfish interest....what a freaking selfish narcissistic MORON

I can't understand why he wants to do it. He doesn't need the money and doesn't seem to care about others, so it's not public service. Is it just an ego thing?

HOLA4410
1 minute ago, MancTom said:

I can't understand why he wants to do it. He doesn't need the money and doesn't seem to care about others, so it's not public service. Is it just an ego thing?

It is ridiculous to think one person can "destroy" a financial system. One snowflake doesn't cause an avalanche, though one might set it off given the right conditions. The western financial system died back in 2008, since then progressive govs/supranational orgs have been keeping it alive (like a zombie is alive) through life support, which at any point could fail for any given reason and the system goes back to being properly dead overnight.

Sunak's actions (or anyone else's for that matter) changes very little in this regard.

HOLA4411
4 hours ago, MancTom said:

It's an ego thing and he's a complete tool.

He probably doesn't even understand the possible consequences....I hope the BoE just might....

It smacks of complete desperation politically and complete desperation generally looking for some or any last props to throw at propping up the tower of Jenga that is the housing market in the UK!

You have to recall the first thing the clown did during covid was remove SDLT and juice the market

It's desperately sad who we are led by , these are not public servants not anywhere close!

Grifters and posers one and all, extra especially Sunak....a vacuous covert narcissist

Northern Rock and its 100 or even 120% mortgages....well that worked out well didn't it!

Do lessons ever get heeded ? Seems not!

If you juice this ponzi one more time with virtually 100% loans the market may go up...but when the stimulus runs out and it falls back then seems to me the lender is totally exposed....these are the sort of loans that will turn bad by a large margin!

Since when does a ******** like Sunak get to tell Lenders what deposit or not deposit to lend money out on ? I can only think if any lender wanted to play ball they would demand tax payer bad loan protection....my view its best for them to steer well clear of a soon to be ex PM and tell him to shove off!

Bet tory doners like the builders would love it....remember Persimmon with HTB what was that boss's bonus 120 million....and he got awfully upset when questioned by a journalist...

Edited by staintunerider

HOLA4412
4 hours ago, MancTom said:

He's a psychopath.

Probably just hates the public.

Most of them despise the general population.

Obama, Kissinger, the royals, BOJO & BOJOs father etc.

HOLA4413
8 hours ago, Locke said:

I pay less for my car than you pay for your car. Substantially less if you take fuel into account.

I couldn't give less of a shit what you drive, it's how you drive it.

How on earth can you have failed to notice that the person you are attempting to have some kind of conversation with is quite open about being a professional driver ?? I believe he is has been saying saying he is qualified to be in charge of articulated behemoths that require an enormous skill to operate. As he said on this very forum only recently he can go to prison for a moments in-attention.

If I were to ask anyone on this forum on the subject of using the highways it would be Orb.

Yet you seem to have entirely missed this, preferring instead to judge him with some broad brush based on a personal experience you recently had with someone driving the same car ?

Let's hope when you get behind the wheel of a motor vehicle you are more attentative than you when operating a user profile on a web forum. Quite honestly it's like watching Laurel and Hardy in an open top Model T trying to do a three point turn in an alleyway six inches wider than the car is long.

HOLA4414
9 hours ago, doomed said:

Wow you really are a bitter lot in here aren't you. Who cares what other people drive and spend their own money on lol.

That's the HPC way I'm afraid. Posters here are generally very unhappy in life and are likely depressed / suffering some sort of mental illness. They don't need a HPC as most either already own their house or are in at least a reasonable financial position, but they're hoping for mass misery on other people's misfortunes if only to make them feel better about themselves. People being repossessed and suffering job loss is a wet dream to them.

Edited by Dreamcasting

HOLA4415
6 minutes ago, Dreamcasting said:

That's the HPC way I'm afraid. Posters here are generally very unhappy in life and are likely depressed / suffering some sort of mental illness. They don't need a HPC as most either already own their house or are in at least a reasonable financial position, but they're hoping for mass misery on other people's misfortunes if only to make them feel better about themselves. People being repossessed and suffering job loss is a wet dream to them.

Yes, I think I am depressed. I am depressed because I cannot buy at the moment with a really good salary and a nice deposit. 

I don't want anyone to suffer. I would be even open to help those families with mortgages and currently struggling. Let me pay 50% tax on my salary if necessary. 

But I want million of houses to be built across the country at the same time. With an average price of 3x the avg salary. 

HOLA4416
6 minutes ago, NoHPCinTheUK said:

Yes, I think I am depressed. I am depressed because I cannot buy at the moment with a really good salary and a nice deposit. 

I don't want anyone to suffer. I would be even open to help those families with mortgages and currently struggling. Let me pay 50% tax on my salary if necessary. 

But I want million of houses to be built across the country at the same time. With an average price of 3x the avg salary. 

You are the victim of a zero sum game extracting your wealth. I imagine you'd rather have a positive sum game where your work both enriches you and society at the same time. There's a peculiar form of jealousy and hate directed towards you by the wider powers suppressing your own efforts and rewards.

HOLA4417
11 hours ago, MancTom said:

You can still buy steering locks? They are coming back into fashion because of new cars being easy to steal! Don't know if it makes it impossible, or just enough hassle they they will target someone else.

The problem with steering locks is that they make it difficult for me - as well as difficult for the thief.

When I suggested some after market solution - I was thinking about one that offers the convenience promised by the manufacturer - without the brazen carelessness and incompetence.  The idea that remote unlocking devices can be trivially circumvented is absurd.  I can think of dozens of ways of making such remote attacks impossible... and ways in which it could be done without making use of the vehicle cumbersome.

HOLA4418
2 hours ago, NoHPCinTheUK said:

Only 50%... if you were prepared to accept a minimum tax level of 80%, I expect it could be arranged for average house prices to be 3x average gross salary (i.e. 15 times average take-home).  This, coupled with cost of living and a meaningful interest rate would prevent the average person from buying an average home... and an equilibrium would be found in which you remain low in the social pecking order.

The crunch is that any stable regime must promise, then resist, social mobility... because dissatisfaction with status is the primary mechanism by which the vast majority are distracted from the advantages others accrue.

I would love to see good quality houses built... at scale... improving the quality of life overall.  I don't see any way to achieve that... because the dominant influences all seek the opposite.

HOLA4419
8 hours ago, smash said:

How on earth can you have failed to notice that the person you are attempting to have some kind of conversation with is quite open about being a professional driver ?? I believe he is has been saying saying he is qualified to be in charge of articulated behemoths that require an enormous skill to operate. As he said on this very forum only recently he can go to prison for a moments in-attention.

If I were to ask anyone on this forum on the subject of using the highways it would be Orb.

Yet you seem to have entirely missed this, preferring instead to judge him with some broad brush based on a personal experience you recently had with someone driving the same car ?

Let's hope when you get behind the wheel of a motor vehicle you are more attentative than you when operating a user profile on a web forum. Quite honestly it's like watching Laurel and Hardy in an open top Model T trying to do a three point turn in an alleyway six inches wider than the car is long.

Smash, part of being a professional driver is adopting a mindset of "parent of the road", and being that means overcoming everything and letting everything go, no matter how ignorant, stupid, or dangerous other drivers' maneuvers are. You have to make allowances for, and forgive them in the manner you'd forgive your own children, because they know not what they've doing. It's a nice skill to have, because one can bring it into their life, their relationships, but most importantly their interactions with other forum members 😄I really can't be bothered arguing much of a toss these days because there's really no point. I appreciate your post nonetheless.  

HOLA4420

SUVs: the trend towards vast cars needs to be reversed

Editorial As they get bigger, the environmental harm caused by motor vehicles also grows. Setting some limits is the way forward

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2024/jan/22/the-guardian-view-on-suvs-the-trend-towards-vast-cars-needs-to-be-reversed

some interesting comments..

HOLA4421
19 hours ago, MancTom said:

He is just trying to prove to his Indian billionnaire father in law that he is worthy of being a husband for his daughter . In india it is common for father in laws to consider son in laws to be unworthy especially if they are rich.

HOLA4422
3 hours ago, Orb said:

Smash, part of being a professional driver is adopting a mindset of "parent of the road", and being that means overcoming everything and letting everything go, no matter how ignorant, stupid, or dangerous other drivers' maneuvers are. You have to make allowances for, and forgive them in the manner you'd forgive your own children, because they know not what they've doing. It's a nice skill to have, because one can bring it into their life, their relationships, but most importantly their interactions with other forum members 😄I really can't be bothered arguing much of a toss these days because there's really no point. I appreciate your post nonetheless.  

You got it. I don't drive arctics but often drive LWB B+E combinations. These are a right pig in either an urban or a tight countryside setting, as you will know. 90% of other drivers are people who can't pull over closer than 18" from the side of the road for you.

It's always nice to be able to hit the motorways once in a while, settle into the slow lane and relax.

HOLA4423
1 hour ago, gerkin said:

He is just trying to prove to his Indian billionnaire father in law that he is worthy of being a husband for his daughter . In india it is common for father in laws to consider son in laws to be unworthy especially if they are rich.

Punching down on, hating and screwing over the poor people is probably quite the behaviour required for a ruthless capitalist family.

HOLA4424
8 hours ago, Orb said:

Smash, part of being a professional driver is adopting a mindset of "parent of the road", and being that means overcoming everything and letting everything go, no matter how ignorant, stupid, or dangerous other drivers' maneuvers are. 

Idiots driving don't really bother me that much. Professional drivers (HGV, PSV) who drive like total dicks however are the worst and should know better because they are better than your average Audi idiot.

HOLA4425
3 hours ago, Si1 said:

Punching down on, hating and screwing over the poor people is probably quite the behaviour required for a ruthless capitalist family.

Really hope the son-in-law ignores the utter loon.

That's the question being asked in India over the past few days after software billionaire NR Narayana Murthy - the father-in-law of UK Prime Minister Rishi Sunak - said that young people should be ready to work 70 hours a week to help the country's development.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-67269976

Edited by yodigo