HOLA441
  • Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLA442

I don’t go to films unless Imax or luxe seating is available because so many people think it’s acceptable now to eat a bloody rotisserie chicken, facetime their mates, and/or chat throughout the film. Equally my enjoyment of films and Tv have gone down because I get distrac

You got distracted again? 😀😀😀

HOLA443
HOLA444

Just ambling through the West End ever since I worked there as a young man always loved it. It probably encompasses a lot of this: culture, museums, architecture, art galleries 

Know that part of town very well, spent many daylight hours there in the 70s and 80s.....a great place to be then a real bohemian feel, a sense of freedom and community, the place has completely changed all the small business priced out, left or closed down, can no longer drive in for free and park for free or little.....as others have already said all the places and things we used to do are now so expensive and impersonal no reason to go and spend time there.....those days have gone now.....forever.

HOLA445
HOLA446

Know that part of town very well, spent many daylight hours there in the 70s and 80s.....a great place to be then a real bohemian feel, a sense of freedom and community, the place has completely changed all the small business priced out, left or closed down, can no longer drive in for free and park for free or little.....as others have already said all the places and things we used to do are now so expensive and impersonal no reason to go and spend time there.....those days have gone now.....forever.

Agree - well put

HOLA447
HOLA448

Edinburgh Wollen Mill close to the edge with 24,000 jobs at risk they have applied to appoint an administrator to try and find a buyer.

Great Sporrans 24,000 jobs!! 

But house prices are rising so tally ho the fox

HOLA449

Harvester Owner consulting on job cuts

Mitchells & Butlers, the pubs and restaurants group, has begun redundancy consultations with a number of staff as it struggles with the impact of the coronavirus pandemic.

M&B, whose chains include Harvester and All Bar One, has about 1,700 pubs and restaurants and 44,000 employees.

It has not yet disclosed how many jobs are at risk

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

Doesn't fit with the booming house prices narrative. 

If you have a street of 100 houses and 99 people buy 1 each for 50 quid and 1 petsin buys 1 for 500 quid... What's the houses in the street worth? 

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423

I see italy has been pulled from the safe list. 

I'd expect to see some more ski holiday companies to hit the skids, its all downhill from here now, who snows whatll happen next. 

Hopefully an avalanche of affordable housing

HOLA4424
HOLA4425