House Price Crash Forum

Coronavirus - potential Black Swan?

HOLA441
32 minutes ago, anonguest said:

I'm beginning to wonder IF, although it may well not have been a factor, motivation or played any part in coming to that restriction decision, that some policy makers will begin to argue for it's retention/delaying rescinding the restriction for economic gain reasons (i.e. it being a form of capital control - inhibiting money from being spent overseas)

I think I've suggested before that travel restrictions may be currency restrictions in disguise.

4 minutes ago, anonguest said:

I agree entirely.  I have seen no official explanation in the media as to the logic/rationale for this particular, frankly, deeply worrying development in civil liberties restrictions.  Just as worrying to me is the wider public effectively just 'shrugging their shoulders', to all intents and purposes, about the restriction.

It is truly frightening that the general public meekly accept what they are instructed to do, ostensibly "for their own good", can they not see the thin end of the wedge?

• Replies 58.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arpeggio

• Peter Hun

• Confusion of VIs

• Bruce Banner

HOLA442
2 minutes ago, Bruce Banner said:

It is truly frightening that the general public meekly accept what they are instructed to do, ostensibly "for their own good", can they not see the thin end of the wedge?

The majority of people (including plenty on HPC) appear to care for absolutely nothing whatsoever apart from having immediate desires satisfied as instantly as possible with minimum effort. I'm surprised their idea of heaven isn't being locked in a prison cell with food shoved through the door as needed and access to Netflix. Maximum standard of living there, because who gives a shit about intangible nonsense like "freedom" and "privacy"?

HOLA443
12 minutes ago, Riedquat said:

The majority of people (including plenty on HPC) appear to care for absolutely nothing whatsoever apart from having immediate desires satisfied as instantly as possible with minimum effort. I'm surprised their idea of heaven isn't being locked in a prison cell with food shoved through the door as needed and access to Netflix. Maximum standard of living there, because who gives a shit about intangible nonsense like "freedom" and "privacy"?

Well I certainly aint one of them!

Edited by anonguest

HOLA444
7 minutes ago, Riedquat said:

Ultimate life. The tubes in, knocked out, a long as possible dreamless sleep.

You'll live longer. Lower risk.

Genuinely think there's a dystopian business model there that would work after this year. 

HOLA445
34 minutes ago, captainb said:

Genuinely think there's a dystopian business model there that would work after this year. 

I am thinking of the welfare of others rather than myself.

HOLA446
36 minutes ago, captainb said:

Like that basement in "Inception"?, i'm in.  24 hrs for 40 years. 

HOLA447
HOLA448
54 minutes ago, Riedquat said:

Whilst that's a bit obnoxious (I agree with your take on it - fine if France want to refuse entry, and fine if the UK won't let you back, but saying you can't leave crosses the line) it's still not as fundamentally obnoxious as saying "what goes on in private in your own house is NOT your own business."

Problem is people want it both ways. They want the state not to be their when they want to travel where they want, then all of a sudden when they are in the shit it's sad faces in the daily rage and why can't we get back into the country ?

Controlling covid has been difficult and our current state is hard won, so I have some respect for the governments position and that they don't want to potentially throw all that away. It's not just about dead people, but all the businesses and jobs that will be under threat if we end up entering another lockdown.

I think the public is generally tolerant and understanding of this. If it wasn't there would be a lot more fuss in the media. I doubt whether they will remain tolerant forever though. The debates in parliament around the lockdown measures show there is ongoing analysis of the situation, it's not like it is being swept under the carpet. In my opinion anyway.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
5 minutes ago, Gigantic Purple Slug said:

Problem is people want it both ways. They want the state not to be their when they want to travel where they want, then all of a sudden when they are in the shit it's sad faces in the daily rage and why can't we get back into the country ?

Controlling covid has been difficult and our current state is hard won, so I have some respect for the governments position and that they don't want to potentially throw all that away. It's not just about dead people, but all the businesses and jobs that will be under threat if we end up entering another lockdown.

I think the public is generally tolerant and understanding of this. If it wasn't there would be a lot more fuss in the media. I doubt whether they will remain tolerant forever though. The debates in parliament around the lockdown measures show there is ongoing analysis of the situation, it's not like it is being swept under the carpet. In my opinion anyway.

In my opinion, the BJ regime is using Covid as a tool to effectively "institutionalise" the population so that they will learn to meekly comply with any and all instructions.

HOLA4412
Just now, Bruce Banner said:

In my opinion, the BJ regime is using Covid as a tool to effectively "institutionalise" the population so that they will learn to meekly comply with any and all instructions.

I think it is pretty evident that Johnson maybe isn't struggling, but is getting a lot of pressure from even his own party to open up on covid restrictions.

If I was him the restrictions would be lifted gradually, giving people some indication that things are moving forwards.

This appears to be what's happening, and most of the public appear to be buying into it.

HOLA4413
3 minutes ago, Gigantic Purple Slug said:

I think it is pretty evident that Johnson maybe isn't struggling, but is getting a lot of pressure from even his own party to open up on covid restrictions.

If I was him the restrictions would be lifted gradually, giving people some indication that things are moving forwards.

This appears to be what's happening, and most of the public appear to be buying into it.

Project fear has turned them into a nation of frightened sheep, happy to follow instructions that they have been told are for their own good.

HOLA4414
3 minutes ago, Bruce Banner said:

Project fear has turned them into a nation of frightened sheep, happy to follow instructions that they have been told are for their own good.

Lol. you only have just over 3 more weeks until 90% or restrictions in the UK are gone, and 10 weeks until 99% lifted. But we must keep away for infected johhny foreigner, in our out.  So no non-essential foreign travel. But looking forward to a med holiday in Israel with my COVID passport app. 

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

A new documentary The Pushback - The Day the World Stood Together is now up on bitchute and shortly on YouTube, censorship permitting.

It is a record of the demonstrations of 20 March 2021 against the draconian curtailments of freedom imposed on populations all over the world. Pushback by the people against the wholly disproportionate responses of authorities to the COVID pandemic. It is a far more accurate record for posterity of what went on that day than you will find in the MSM.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/wa81FZX2E6I8/

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
3 hours ago, Riedquat said:

There's been a lot of social conditioning for this in the media over the last decade or more.  I first started to notice when there was a rash of 'how to be a better <whatever>' shows on TV.

You would get someone presented as an 'expert' - though as far as I can see, often with absolutely no genuine credentials - who comes on and tells the pleb/pleb family of the week how to be better or do something 'properly'.  At the end they are praised for following the advice and 'improving' themselves.

Then there is the whole 'follow the science'  thing , where some arbitrary piece of research is carefully selected and presented as 'science' and uncontested truth with no dissenting scientific opinions presented.   Again,  people are told to not bother thinking critically but instead just take what so-called 'experts' (as decided by the media or authorities) tell them, as gospel.

The message is 'You are stupid and will hurt yourselves.  We will tell you what to do'.  Seems to have worked for an awful lot of people.  Of course, anyone declining to swallow the establishment  kool-aid is jumped on by the media/social media and presented as some sort of malcontent.  ie. Some sort of -ist or -phobe or 'conspiracy theorist'.

At least the despicable Chinese credit score system is open and transparent ...

HOLA4421
1 hour ago, longgone said:

Von der liar decides no more Az vax needed for the eu, over german supplied Pfizer. 

Not about money is it. 🤣

It's odd how things like politics and money seem to influence medical care.

On the one hand we apparently have some sort of massive existential threat that warrants closing down society and massively limiting person freedoms.  It's THAT dangerous people!  Conform, for the good of everyone!

On the other hand, when it suits, vaccines and treatments can be totally ignored because they come from the wrong company, wrong country or are just so cheap and effective that it would make it difficult to push the 'develope a new vaccine ignoring all the standard safeguards then vaccinate everyone, even the babies' agenda that is so beloved of our corrupt authorities.

HOLA4422

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56830398

With cases, hospitalisations and deaths sadly for them now too low, and the 10% long covid pieces been penned too recently to repeat.. BBC left with a future potential maybe surge! For today's doom mongering.

Even though in the summer last year nobody was vaccinated let alone 70% of the population and there wasn't a surge.

HOLA4423
6 minutes ago, captainb said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56830398

With cases, hospitalisations and deaths sadly for them now too low, and the 10% long covid pieces been penned too recently to repeat.. BBC left with a future potential maybe surge! For today's doom mongering.

Even though in the summer last year nobody was vaccinated let alone 70% of the population and there wasn't a surge.

The fear mongering is quite pathetic now.

Where the f--k is this new 'surge' going to come from?  Just about everyone who is actually vulnerable is now vaccinated as well as a large swathe of the rest of the population with either 1 or 2 jabs or who have already had it and are now immune (There are  almost certainly millions of people who have already had it), or are below 40 and hardly at any risk.

Aside from that, we saw last year that it behaves seasonally as with Colds and Flus ... or it might be maybe more accurate to say that Vitamin D deficiency is seasonal ..... 🤔

Are they going to fall back on 'infections' as defined by positive PCR tests which are explicitly NOT supposed to be used as diagnoses?

Or maybe this is just propaganda to get people to agree to all the successive jabs they are going to be told to take.  This is an RNA virus that is massively mutable by nature and is endemic all over the World now, as well as having reservoirs in animals, so vaccines which selectively target it are never going to be effective in eliminating it.  Better to work on therapeutics but the ones which we know work are generic and too cheap to make money off, so vaccinations for ever it is.

HOLA4424
2 minutes ago, Sour Mash said:

Where the f--k is this new 'surge' going to come from?  Just about everyone who is actually vulnerable is now vaccinated as well as a large swathe of the rest of the population with either 1 or 2 jabs or who have already had it and are now immune (There are  almost certainly millions of people who have already had it), or are below 40 and hardly at any risk.

Aside from that, we saw last year that it behaves seasonally as with Colds and Flus ... or it might be maybe more accurate to say that Vitamin D deficiency is seasonal ..... 🤔

Are they going to fall back on 'infections' as defined by positive PCR tests which are explicitly NOT supposed to be used as diagnoses?

Or maybe this is just propaganda to get people to agree to all the successive jabs they are going to be told to take.  This is an RNA virus that is massively mutable by nature and is endemic all over the World now, as well as having reservoirs in animals, so vaccines which selectively target it are never going to be effective in eliminating it.  Better to work on therapeutics but the ones which we know work are generic and too cheap to make money off, so vaccinations for ever it is.

There can't be 10s of millions who have already had it as if so the claims of 10% have serious life changing long covid would also just be habitual scaremongering when the death count gets too low to be scary.

The latest desperation is due to the lack of cases as well. They have to revert to future cases now as not even current cases have the desired fear impact.

What's next after future cases? Future disease? Had that with the varients... 

How about future zoonotic transmission from animals? You'll never look at Mittens the kitten the same way again after those headlines 

HOLA4425
26 minutes ago, Sour Mash said:

Where the f--k is this new 'surge' going to come from?

Even if there is one then so what? With the level of vaccination that'll have been achieved by then then all that can realistically be done has been done, so that's the point where we'll just have to put up with a surge if it does occur whilst carrying on as normal, because there's no way anyone in their right mind should be insisting on restrictions for the rest of our lives, and that's what the alternative would be. Although in this day and age sod living, maximise existence ("If it saves one life!") is the only politically acceptable opinion.