House Price Crash Forum

The Great BIG redundancy thread!

macca13

HOLA441
On 26/01/2018 at 4:02 AM, Grab_Some_Popcorn said:

You mean moot? I don't think it is ... I believe the official stats are covering up under-employment levels ... people switching from full time perm contracts to zero hours. If the cost of living was reducing (esp houses!) that would be fine, but until then I find it a travesty.

......under-employment by choice, those that can, no longer need to work full-time for money, they get their income from rents, dividends or have seen they no longer have debt or rent to pay or both.......so many experienced/skilled doctors as an example now work part-time or take early retirement.....good nurses and teachers with years of experience are leaving the profession in droves, no incentive to stay, do not feel particularly valued enough to stay......life is short, they have a plan and sticking to it.;)

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLA442
24 minutes ago, winkie said:

......under-employment by choice, those that can, no longer need to work full-time for money, they get their income from rents, dividends or have seen they no longer have debt or rent to pay or both.......so many experienced/skilled doctors as an example now work part-time or take early retirement.....good nurses and teachers with years of experience are leaving the profession in droves, no incentive to stay, do not feel particularly valued enough to stay......life is short, they have a plan and sticking to it.;)

Going into BTL ? 

;)

HOLA443
1 minute ago, Saving For a Space Ship said:

Going into BTL ? 

;)

You must be joking......there was a time and is a place for everything and everyone....only from what I know from what I observe, eg: check doctors surgery see how many that now work part-time, also from talking to those I meet who feel sad it had to be that way but liberated at the same time.;)

HOLA444
35 minutes ago, winkie said:

You must be joking......there was a time and is a place for everything and everyone....only from what I know from what I observe, eg: check doctors surgery see how many that now work part-time, also from talking to those I meet who feel sad it had to be that way but liberated at the same time.;)

Yes, I was joking, hence the smiley 

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
On 08/12/2017 at 10:17 AM, dpg50000 said:

Notice how most of the other countries have terms attached to their benefits, mainly that you have to have at least contributed something in beforehand......

Isn't it odd that when pro-eu peeps point their barrels to the continent for success stories they often blow their feet off?

It's like they don't live in the real world or just willingly swallow giant portions of LIE, just because it tastes familiar; comforting.

Like when folk point to another country's private healthcare system as a positive then scaremonger about privatisation of healthcare after brexit. (As if privatisation of all public isn't a global neoliberal/corporo-fascist project that has been systematically introduced)

Redundancy in itself is a ridiculous terminology designed to dehumanise. You could just as well argue that human redundancy is akin to sacrificing your best and most fertile/energetic years for a corrupt corporation. 

What use are you to humanity/loved ones and/or the planet when your mind is so terribly Occupied? Will you do what's best for Your Own/their survival or what's best for Them & Theirs? 

:(

Edited by fluteroop

HOLA448

We have Donald Trump gloating about the job figures and the stockmarket highs. We have the same sort of gloating from the Conservatives. Something tells me that its all about to go down sometime - but this year?

Remember the days when Building Societies used to advertise on TV, and the first thing they mentioned was investing and saving. The interest rates paid on deposits were 9%. These days they don't need the publics money when they have the government printing it and lending it to them at near 0% - so when was the last time you saw an advert like that?

Edited by bear.getting.old

HOLA449
21 hours ago, Saving For a Space Ship said:

Going into BTL ? 

;)

I know 3 people gone into BTL in the last month.. I tried to reason with them but they think property will go up so don’t want to miss out on all that lovely tenants money.. I’m so disappointed with them.. ?

HOLA4410
On 30/01/2018 at 1:28 AM, fluteroop said:

Boom.

Or double, maybe triple boom... Since this website was created, there's not been a proper crash. Extend and pretend to infinity and beyond. A whole economy built on this. Terrifying really. If you really think about it.

Does that mean we are due one? ?

its all managed by the government.. but will people ever figure that out and vote for change.. if any such party exist.. 

or will they just run out of money to fund it?

i want a hard Brexit.. as hard as possible please!

my problem with remain is about living standards collapsing due to population increase, environmental damage same reason, and the fact in my eyes mass immigration is not healthy for the economy.. eg.. automatic car wash replaced with 7 men with sponges on minimum wage! How does importing such jobs make a healthy economy?  It stifles investment in better technology/the installer/the maintainer all healthy salary jobs.. 

7 men with sponges on min wage, tax credit, housing benefit, child support, pension, nhs, refuge collection, schools.. etc

Auto car wash is much better! For 1 example 

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
13 hours ago, bear.getting.old said:

We have Donald Trump gloating about the job figures and the stockmarket highs. We have the same sort of gloating from the Conservatives. Something tells me that its all about to go down sometime - but this year?

Remember the days when Building Societies used to advertise on TV, and the first thing they mentioned was investing and saving. The interest rates paid on deposits were 9%. These days they don't need the publics money when they have the government printing it and lending it to them at near 0% - so when was the last time you saw an advert like that?

It's definitely not like the old days..

HOLA4417

Coca Cola's gone a little flat.

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/coke-bottler-proposes-shake-cost-152650224.html

LONDON, Jan 31 (Reuters) - Drinks bottler Coca-Cola European Partners (IOB: 0QOQ.IL - news) is proposing to close a UK factory and distribution centre, resulting in the loss of 288 jobs.

At the same time, the seller of Coca-Cola drinks plans to transfer production and warehousing to other sites in Britain, creating 121 jobs.

The net result would be the loss of 167 jobs.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419

Has anyone see this cracker....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-42879682

"

Scotland's firefighters are being offered a pay rise of up to 20% if they agree to take on new responsibilities.

It is expected that between 200 and 300 jobs could be cut from the service as part of the deal.

Rather than a pay rise, it is being described as a new reward package for a new expanded role, tackling terrorism and providing emergency medical care.

"

It so insane I gave it it's own thread

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425