HOLA441
  • Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

You guys are dumb.

There isn't a bubble because there cannot be a bubble - Mr Brown put an end to boom and bust, remember? 

Saddam had WMDs, Monica Lewinsky never smoked Bill's cigar, WTC 7 collapsed into it's own footprint spontaneously despite no similarly constructed burning tower block ever doing so.

Pass the coolaid please...

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
15 minutes ago, disenfranchised said:

You guys are dumb.

There isn't a bubble because there cannot be a bubble - Mr Brown put an end to boom and bust, remember? 

Saddam had WMDs, Monica Lewinsky never smoked Bill's cigar, WTC 7 collapsed into it's own footprint spontaneously despite no similarly constructed burning tower block ever doing so.

and the #vileBBC predicted building seven collapsing into its own footprint through fire (the only time in history, never happened before or since) twenty minutes before it actually happened

#nothingtoseehere

#whenseastenderson

HOLA446
HOLA447
15 minutes ago, disenfranchised said:

You guys are dumb.

Why doesn't anybody ever ask him how the Bank quantifies an asset price bubble? At least then we could do the maths ourselves.

And while he's at it, could he point us in the direction of the Bank's utility measuring machine? The economics textbooks tell me I should be maximising my yoodles at all times, be nice to know how well I'm doing.

HOLA448
HOLA449

Not a very good question.

____

Do you feel under any pressure to defend property prices in the UK?

Carney: No.

___

Not surprising given house prices run on population growth eh, not money, eh - so can't fall vs not-building-as-much-as-super-Canada.

What a depressing Carney Q & A.

Consumer credit plays a role in this economy... people still buy houses, refurb, buy cars... we have to manage the risk around that so they are confident that it's there.

I will indulge in the conspiracy think now, for a moment at least.   There is no (free) market. 

HOLA4410
30 minutes ago, thewig said:

and the #vileBBC predicted building seven collapsing into its own footprint through fire (the only time in history, never happened before or since) twenty minutes before it actually happened

#nothingtoseehere

#whenseastenderson

I have spoken about this to my wife but I'm not sure whether I dreamt it or not. Do you know of any timed stamped recordings of the broadcast regarding the collapse of building 7?

HOLA4411
2 minutes ago, mrdirkles said:

I have spoken about this to my wife but I'm not sure whether I dreamt it or not. Do you know of any timed stamped recordings of the broadcast regarding the collapse of building 7?

yes. it'll take you all of two minutes to find on the internet, you don't need me or anyone else to spoonfeed you - if you truly are searching for the truth, you'll find it, its there

god speed, the rabbit hole goes deep

HOLA4412
24 minutes ago, zugzwang said:

Why doesn't anybody ever ask him how the Bank quantifies an asset price bubble? At least then we could do the maths ourselves.

And while he's at it, could he point us in the direction of the Bank's utility measuring machine? The economics textbooks tell me I should be maximising my yoodles at all times, be nice to know how well I'm doing.

No need for maths, if it goes pop it is a bubble.

Until then no bubble.

HOLA4413
12 minutes ago, Venger said:

Not a very good question.

____

Do you feel under any pressure to defend property prices in the UK?

Carney: No.

___

Not surprising given house prices run on population growth eh, not money, eh - so can't fall vs not-building-as-much-as-super-Canada.

What a depressing Carney Q & A.

Consumer credit plays a role in this economy... people still buy houses, refurb, buy cars... we have to manage the risk around that so they are confident that it's there.

I will indulge in the conspiracy think now, for a moment at least.   There is no (free) market. 

who are you and what have you done with @Venger?

what are your views on.... crowd psychology, for example would you say the market is made up of... individuals making their own choices? <_<

HOLA4414
13 minutes ago, Confusion of VIs said:

No need for maths, if it goes pop it is a bubble.

Until then no bubble.

That's not how it works. If asset prices are going up double digit percentages a year that's a sign of economic success all thanks to the excellent stewardship of policymakers. If asset prices fall it's because of an external shock that nobody could have predicted or prevented.

HOLA4415
31 minutes ago, zugzwang said:

Is a good question. 

When we talk about a bubble we almost certainly mean something very different to what he means. 

Economists define a bubble as, something like, a difference between the 'true value' of an asset and the markets assessment of that value.

It's not even clear that bubbles can exist at all if you believe that the only true value is the market price.  And he's trained to believe exactly that.

We use bubble to mean that houses are priced far above their value as homes, due to the activity of speculators.   

To a psychopath, or an economist trained to think like a psychopath, houses are investment assets.  Their utility as places to sleep is incidental.

So from an economic point of view there probably is no bubble but then, by the same logic, 18th century African slaves were 'fairly valued'.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

I'm not sure how he can say that with a straight face when he needs an annual housing allowance of £250k. The mental gymnastic and lack of remote empathy with the average person is staggering.

It really is all geared up to what's best for "the economy" and the banks, rather than a single pleb.

HOLA4418
23 minutes ago, DrBuyToLeech said:

To a psychopath, or an economist trained to think like a psychopath, houses are investment assets.  Their utility as places to sleep is incidental.

So from an economic point of view there probably is no bubble but then, by the same logic, 18th century African slaves were 'fairly valued'.

I suspect they train them well at Goldman Sachs. Make sure they only count the cash and don't hear the cries. 

Edited by Tempus

HOLA4419
3 hours ago, thewig said:

yes. it'll take you all of two minutes to find on the internet, you don't need me or anyone else to spoonfeed you - if you truly are searching for the truth, you'll find it, its there

god speed, the rabbit hole goes deep

Building 7 was just a cover for building 8. 

HOLA4420
HOLA4421

Carney is just another spineless management speaking conman. He only has to paper over the cracks for another 2 years and then he can go get another high paying job where he does eff all about major problems for a term. He has zero plans to rock the boat. A steady hidden decline suits him fine, then it can explode when he's clear of the blast.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
11 hours ago, Dorkins said:

Canada's economic history is over, is it? Property prices frozen in stone forever? Last time I checked time is still passing there and the future is still approaching at a rate of one day per day.

Oh my, what an insightful narrative. 

Have you considered doing this for a living?

HOLA4424
10 hours ago, Dorkins said:

That's not how it works. If asset prices are going up double digit percentages a year that's a sign of economic success all thanks to the excellent stewardship of policymakers. If asset prices fall it's because of an external shock that nobody could have predicted or prevented.

That was Labour's line from 2008. No doubt wheeled out and dusted off for next time. 

HOLA4425
6 hours ago, Parkwell said:

Carney is just another spineless management speaking conman. He only has to paper over the cracks for another 2 years and then he can go get another high paying job where he does eff all about major problems for a term. He has zero plans to rock the boat. A steady hidden decline suits him fine, then it can explode when he's clear of the blast.

I've worked with a few people like that in previous management roles.  They know what is really going on but see the people they are talking to as simple objects to be manipulated.  They are also excellent at manipulating their own boss.

I had an interview a few months ago, got offered the job but recognised all the characteristics of the above in the VP there so turned it down.