House Price Crash Forum

Londoners realising living in London is unsustainable...

HOLA441
  • Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
3 minutes ago, Kurt Barlow said:

Funny though - the tube in the morning rush hour is predominantly white.

I think you are right there. Question is what do you read into it? The unemployment rate among BAME residents  in the UK is twice that of whites. 

HOLA443
35 minutes ago, Ah-so said:

I think you are right there. Question is what do you read into it? The unemployment rate among BAME residents  in the UK is twice that of whites. 

Hideously white, industrious natives.

The rush hour, racial railway run is frustratingly obvious. Who is and who is not grafting (generally)? It is blatant.

HOLA444
3 hours ago, North London Rent Girl said:

Yes, they seem a nice enough bunch and anyway hands so greasy from beard balm they couldn't grasp a flick-knife if they tried. It's not flick-knives these days, is it? Whatever it is the young people are stabbing each other with - foot-long machetes?

i always fancied a credit card with a razor embedded into the end perfect for airport scanners 

HOLA445
HOLA446
2 hours ago, Untoward said:

Hideously white, industrious natives.

The rush hour, racial railway run is frustratingly obvious. Who is and who is not grafting (generally)? It is blatant.

The races are divided by time and direction of travel.

HOLA447
HOLA448

Didn't John Cleese get into trouble a couple of years back for saying London was unrecognisable to him. I seem to remember reading somewhere that only 3 in 10 Londoners identify as white English? Considering it is an English city that is fairly shocking. Part of London's appeal to me is the history of it being the capital of England and the centre of English life and culture, it is now at risk of being the capital of a multi-cultural utopia with no prevaling identity. And I say this as someone who enjoys travelling and experiencing other cultures - I'd be disappointed if I vistited Mumbai and got another shade of London. Perhaps I don't "get" London though as a lot of my middle class Londoner friends tell me how great and enriching it is. Clearly for many natives they don't seem to be able to leave quick enough!

HOLA449
3 hours ago, Kurt Barlow said:

Funny though - the tube in the morning rush hour is predominantly white.

All the top dogs in companies are pre-dominantly white males, who can afford to live in a nice suburb and travel in also.

try putting in a job application and ticking black on th ethnic minority form in insurance/banking, you will learn something new. 

My fathers life was saved by a lovely black man, the comments on here are ridiculous.

HOLA4410
12 hours ago, EssKay said:

Yes London is expensive, crowded, dirty and full of "funny looking" foreigners - but when has it ever *not* been those things? 

About 1965 - 2000

and before you get on your how cool London is still high horse, it's not funny looking foreigners that are any different.

Unlike you I was born and bred in North London amongst many races. We spoke with the same toungue, supported the same football teams and worked in the same industries and companies

London today is a poor facsimile of that, perhaps you give it away by saying you were born in the provinces - you can't tell the difference 

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
4 hours ago, mathschoc said:

All the top dogs in companies are pre-dominantly white males, who can afford to live in a nice suburb and travel in also.

try putting in a job application and ticking black on th ethnic minority form in insurance/banking, you will learn something new. 

My fathers life was saved by a lovely black man, the comments on here are ridiculous.

What I find hilarious are all the niche 4 digit priced 'qualifications' now being pre-requisites to climb this ladder. All a complete money spinner for industry knowledge that cannot be achieved on the job. 

The other reason is to prevent job hopping and trap workers where they are. I'm seeing signs of it coming back to roost now though, companies struggling to fill their vacancies. It's also about time London started to feel this pain. The high living costs and gruelling commutes were supposed to be all worth it long term and it simply no longer is. 

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
17 hours ago, Lovely Rum said:

worse for who? racists?

Oddly enough, nearly all immigrant communities tend to congregate in ghettos within London. Maybe they're all racist or is that only reserved for white people in this cultural marxist world?

Edited by Maynardgravy
apparently wh1t-ey is racist

HOLA4416
14 hours ago, Ah-so said:

The typical British "Londoner" probably lives outside of what we could reasonably describe as London  -  Rarely does he or she sample what London really has to offer other than trudging from tube station to the office

What a load of tosh and what does what 'we reasonably described as London' mean or do you mean recently gentrified S***holes that are promoted on instagram and are full of goons like you thinking they are cool ?

your not a troll your some Alan Partridge parody of an ever so clever middle class provincial hick who knows f*** all about London

I notice you live in South London probably explains it

Edited by Greg Bowman

HOLA4417
9 hours ago, Greg Bowman said:

About 1965 - 2000

and before you get on your how cool London is still high horse, it's not funny looking foreigners that are any different.

Unlike you I was born and bred in North London amongst many races. We spoke with the same toungue, supported the same football teams and worked in the same industries and companies

London today is a poor facsimile of that, perhaps you give it away by saying you were born in the provinces - you can't tell the difference 

+1

HOLA4418
9 hours ago, satch said:

IIRC Mo Farah lives mostly in USA .... so probably does not even pay any tax here andd when he finishes his running career he will probably find that he can't afford a decent (ie one that is aspired to by a very successful athelete) house in London ...

Good point

HOLA4419
1 hour ago, Maynardgravy said:

Oddly enough, nearly all immigrant communities tend to congregate in ghettos within London. Maybe they're all racist or is that only reserved for white people in this cultural marxist world?

Apart from the Scottish.

Go to any major city in the world and there's no Scottish quarter.

Why you ask....they dont even like each other :lol: 

If you can find a "scottish pub" you will be doing well, been in one in Paris and in the U.S. felt depressed when I left each one so it was a fairly authentic experience.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

HOLA4420
On 01/08/2017 at 2:02 PM, the_duke_of_hazzard said:

I've got two kids and we live in a house with garden in Dulwich village (ie prime London) for 15% less than that. It's small but life isn't perfect. I just saw a three bed on offer next to north Dulwich train station for 1700 in a nice block.

1300 on 35k is not that much, I paid more than that in real terms when I was on less money 20 years ago. It was fine.

Have you bought a house in Dulwich Village or are you renting one?

HOLA4421
3 hours ago, Greg Bowman said:

What a load of tosh and what does what 'we reasonably described as London' mean or do you mean recently gentrified S***holes that are promoted on instagram and are full of goons like you thinking they are cool ?

your not a troll your some Alan Partridge parody of an ever so clever middle class provincial hick who knows f*** all about London

I am native to zone 2 London, lived here all my life except for 5 years so know what I am taking about. 

I now live in a "London Borough " but do not really class it as London. It is an outer suburb / dormitory. I work with quite a lot of Brits in central London but very few ever seen to live in London, unless places like Seven Oaks have moved. 

So up yours. 

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
3 hours ago, Greg Bowman said:

There are quite a lot of people who never go to any of the London attractions.  It depends on time, where you work etc.  (BTW not me).

HOLA4424
40 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

I suspect "Government realising living in London is unsustainable..." and are about to let house prices correct

Living - no probs.

Paying the benefits and HB for people living in London is another thing esp. if they are not citizens.

HOLA4425
58 minutes ago, iamnumerate said:

There are quite a lot of people who never go to any of the London attractions.  It depends on time, where you work etc.  (BTW not me).

I think you are spot on but attractions aren't The Hoxton Hotel, Boedeans or Dishoom is sort of my point!