House Price Crash Forum

Brexit What Happens Next Thread ---multiple merged threads.

HOLA441

The T.May Tories cannot deliver grammar schools... or dementia tax... what chance have they of succeeding with brexit ?   

History will judge the unholy mess that they have created and they will suffer at the ballot box for decades to come for causing the disaster that will now unfold.

The best outcome now is that they throw in the towel, call an early election and let somebody else preside over the outcome. 

(and I am not a labour voter).

HOLA442
HOLA443
1 hour ago, nuts said:

The T.May Tories cannot deliver grammar schools... or dementia tax... what chance have they of succeeding with brexit ?   

History will judge the unholy mess that they have created and they will suffer at the ballot box for decades to come for causing the disaster that will now unfold.

The best outcome now is that they throw in the towel, call an early election and let somebody else preside over the outcome. 

(and I am not a labour voter).

Not sure about decades, one term of Corbyn should be enough for most people.

Although he could get two if the tory party disintegrates, which must be a 50 50 prospect.

I cannot imagine a worse time for a Corbyn led Labour party to come to power, up to our ears in debt and needing to implement real as opposed to pretend austerity.   

HOLA444
30 minutes ago, Confusion of VIs said:

Not sure about decades, one term of Corbyn should be enough for most people.

Although he could get two if the tory party disintegrates, which must be a 50 50 prospect.

I cannot imagine a worse time for a Corbyn led Labour party to come to power, up to our ears in debt and needing to implement real as opposed to pretend austerity.   

The political landscape in this country is looking more like pre-Berlusconi italy by the day

still, #TakingBackControl and all that - sad fcking mugs

HOLA445
3 hours ago, Confusion of VIs said:

Who cares when or how they agree it - it's not our problem and nothing to do with us.

Today in Parliament by Davis - is that good enough for you.

It contributes to the budget so will reduce the shortfall for several years.

Note this payment is separate to anything we agree to pay for ongoing access to the single market, if we want full access it is not beyond possible that we will pay more than we do currently - bit like deciding to pass on the all you can eat deal then stuffing yourself of the a la carte menu.

It's an EU term and has been widely used in discussion about Brexit.  - For us It means we will be out of the EU, trading on most favoured nation status.  

I do. Thanks again for noticing. 

HOLA446
33 minutes ago, knock out johnny said:

The political landscape in this country is looking more like pre-Berlusconi italy by the day

still, #TakingBackControl and all that - sad fcking mugs

Your chat is getting gradually more aggressive. Anything you want to tell us ? 

HOLA447
HOLA448
8 hours ago, london_thirtythree said:

That's my thesis anyway - as a Remoaner, at this point, I just want people to get their shit together, whether this be a Hard, Soft, Stable, Wobbly, whatever Brexit, so I can base my future decisions and business decisions around where the country is going.

(mild mannered rant over.. :-)

It was a good rant and made sense. I particularly agree with the last part. Ultimately, I'd prefer no brexit at all, but whatever the case, for goodness sake let us know so we can get on with certain decisions that need to be taken either way.

HOLA449

so, in summary over the past few days...

But it could also be seen as the European Commission setting out its stall as negotiations heat up, stating that it had laid out its position over nine key areas:

1. Citizens’ rights
  2. The financial settlement
  3. Nuclear materials and safeguard equipment (EURATOM)
  4. Issues relating to the functioning of the Union institutions, agencies and bodies
  5. Governance of the Article 50 agreement
  6. Goods placed on the market under Union law before the withdrawal date
  7. Judicial cooperation in civil and commercial matters
  8. Ongoing judicial and administrative procedures
  9. Ongoing police and judicial cooperation in criminal matters

Mr Barnier also said that while the EU had its house in order of the above issues, the UK must urgently set out its position as a matter of urgency.

“We have published nine EU position papers so far on the different issues,” he said.

“The EU positions are clear. We now need to know the

If only H.M. Government had a plan, they may be able to respond. What have Bozo, Fozo and Davis been doing ? Do they have the faintest notion of what's going on?  :ph34r:

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
6 hours ago, rollover said:

Did you have good rest ccc, I haven't seen you for awhile.

Ah yes - just get a bit bored with the same chat on here going round in circles.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
50 minutes ago, Confusion of VIs said:

:lol::lol:

Exclusive: David Davis using Faraday briefcase to stop foreign spies snooping on Brexit secrets (or maybe it's just an empty briefcase)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/07/14/exclusive-david-davis-uses-special-faraday-briefcase-stop-foreign/

Cool - I can go back to my comfort blanket that there is a secret plan and strategy that'll be whisked out in the end. Why else have a Faraday cage ?

Im a bit disappointed Davis had an iwatch though.

HOLA4415
On 7/14/2017 at 7:41 AM, Maynardgravy said:

where does your democracy end? Third, fourth referendum or just the one the right result ends at?

You can have a second referndum when our choice has had a decent run.and not before. 

Not that i believe it will be given that chance.

We have elections after two - five years, but referendums are set in stone for eternity? Nope, it does work right that.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
On 14/07/2017 at 7:41 AM, Maynardgravy said:

Ha, Soros a 'lefty'. The Rothschild pawn who goes around the world stealing wealth from countries then funds any group he can via his 'Open Society Foundation' to cause chaos in his 'divide and rule' strategy. Claiming them to be progressive policies - progressive to him and no one else.

where does your democracy end? Third, fourth referendum or just the one the right result ends at?

You can have a second referndum when our choice has had a decent run.and not before. 

Not that i believe it will be given that chance.

8 minutes ago, Peter Hun said:

We have elections after two - five years, but referendums are set in stone for eternity? Nope, it does work right that.

How about democracy starting with an informed voter.

A fair few months before the 2 years are up we should actually have an idea, beyond the bull, of what the vote will mean in reality.

Democracy is a perpetual open question. But im not entirely convinced the original referendum (irrespective of result) was satisfactory in the first place. Il-informed (me included), nobody to hold to account (and whatever you think of May she's in part victim of a difficult situation).

Perhaps it's a simply a good way of letting the politicians off the hook. The question for me is whether it should be a second referendum or settled in Parliament.

HOLA4418
17 minutes ago, Maynardgravy said:

How long did we have to wait for this one? I'll give you the same number of years for the next - only fair.

Exactly. So many remainers are just bad losers. Nothing more - nothing less.

A referendum on the EU is not a general election. What's the great difficulty understanding this most simple of concepts ?

HOLA4419
34 minutes ago, Maynardgravy said:

How long did we have to wait for this one? I'll give you the same number of years for the next - only fair.

We have had many elections where anti- EU parties stood and were even elected (that would be the bat-shit crazy Conservatives).

HOLA4420
16 minutes ago, pig said:

How about democracy starting with an informed voter.

A fair few months before the 2 years are up we should actually have an idea, beyond the bull, of what the vote will mean in reality.

Democracy is a perpetual open question. But im not entirely convinced the original referendum (irrespective of result) was satisfactory in the first place. Il-informed (me included), nobody to hold to account (and whatever you think of May she's in part victim of a difficult situation).

Perhaps it's a simply a good way of letting the politicians off the hook. The question for me is whether it should be a second referendum or settled in Parliament.

Unfortunately we don't seem to get informed voters in any situation. How difficult is it to DYOR these days to get a basic grasp?

I've always thought it would be a good idea to have a couple of simple multi-choice questions on any ballot paper - What is Schengen? What is TTIP? Fail that and your vote in null and void.

You also seem to infer that many voters didn't know what they were voting as if this never happens anywhere else? I know loads of tory and labour voters (I don't vote in elections any more) who don't seem to have a clue what they're voting for. Doesn't mean elections get rerun, and governments u-turn all the time.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
21 minutes ago, Maynardgravy said:

Unfortunately we don't seem to get informed voters in any situation. How difficult is it to DYOR these days to get a basic grasp?

I've always thought it would be a good idea to have a couple of simple multi-choice questions on any ballot paper - What is Schengen? What is TTIP? Fail that and your vote in null and void.

You also seem to infer that many voters didn't know what they were voting as if this never happens anywhere else? I know loads of tory and labour voters (I don't vote in elections any more) who don't seem to have a clue what they're voting for. Doesn't mean elections get rerun, and governments u-turn all the time.

Unfortunately DYOR for too many seems to mean, hunt out information that confirms your own prejudices no matter how flaky the source is..   

HOLA4423
1 hour ago, Maynardgravy said:

Waiting until EU support has 10% lead is fair. This level has triggered the latest referendum.  

Untitled.png

HOLA4424
3 hours ago, Peter Hun said:

There is no need for another referendum. The current government is doing excellent job to destroy Brexit.

HOLA4425
On 14 July 2017 at 0:07 PM, Confusion of VIs said:

In what way does it deserve respect. It's a thuggish failed democracy with ridiculous delusions about its place in the world.         

Well, for one, it is huge and vast.

For two it has rich and deep history and culture.

Third, no one has ever beaten Russia, it's un conquer able.

The west belittles Russia, the same way as we used to belittle China.