House Price Crash Forum

Brexit What Happens Next Thread ---multiple merged threads.

HOLA441
HOLA442
1 hour ago, Confusion of VIs said:

I assume this post is a long winded way of you saying yes to my question re OCD.

I would be interested to hear about what is going well, this seems to be singularly lacking in the press coverage - even the Daily Express cannot find anything positive to report.  

:lol::lol:

Amazing. You have just proven my point perfectly. And I only said this as a hypothetical example. And you STILL couldn't help yourself.

Absolutely superb. :D

HOLA443
HOLA444
2 hours ago, GrizzlyDave said:

Like weaning an addict off heroin, leaving will be hard.

Well, there is no giving up on the future of your country - ever. Surprising or not that's the point Leavers seem to miss.

Immigration aside, for many Leavers, Brexit seems to be a reward in itself not really a means to an end - thats what Leavers are misinterpreting as mindboggling complacency.

HOLA445
2 minutes ago, pig said:

Well, there is no giving up on the future of your country - ever. Surprising or not that's the point Leavers seem to miss.

Immigration aside, for many Leavers, Brexit seems to be a reward in itself not really a means to an end - thats what Leavers are misinterpreting as mindboggling complacency.

Not at all, brexit is the beginning and not the end.

One chapter closes and another starts.

You are quite out of touch with the pulse of the nation. What part of the country / industry are you in?

HOLA446
31 minutes ago, GrizzlyDave said:

You are quite out of touch with the pulse of the nation. What part of the country / industry are you in?

At least one or two of the vociferous remainiacs on here actually worked / have worked for the EU - the upward movement on the gravy train being restricted is reason enough for them to want the rest of the country to prop up the sucking of the teat ..  :-)

HOLA447
58 minutes ago, GrizzlyDave said:

Well, after endlessly asking for a viable strategy/plan/vision, online, in person, via the various admissions by MP's and so on    I think we're well past the point of believing there ever was any. Blaming Cameron for not having a Brexit strategy or May for not being able to square the circle as if everything would have been fine if not doesn't really cut it either. Even the incessant brainwashing from the MSM, the billionaires Dacre and so on just begs the question - what was the point anyway ? A whinge that got out of hand ?

HOLA448
4 minutes ago, pig said:

Well, after endlessly asking for a viable strategy/plan/vision, online, in person, via the various admissions by MP's and so on    I think we're well past the point of believing there ever was any. Blaming Cameron for not having a Brexit strategy or May for not being able to square the circle as if everything would have been fine if not doesn't really cut it either. Even the incessant brainwashing from the MSM, the billionaires Dacre and so on just begs the question - what was the point anyway ? A whinge that got out of hand ?

More of the same vs. Shake it up.

You are aware this is HPC?

So where in the UK do you live?

HOLA449

What about the Blair "intervention" this weekend?

If it had been Trump, the BBC would've been all over it, saying he's delusional and spreading fake news.

Because it's Blair, they let him say the EU is willing to compromise on FoM, with little challenge.  This was actually reported as serious news on BBC TV.

Blair apparently has heard it said the EU would compromise to keep the UK in.  He was never challenged to reveal where this came from.  The official line is the four freedoms are non-negotiable:  "This is not poussible" remember from Barnier only the other week.

How is it this Blair interview was reported like this?

HOLA4410
1 hour ago, HairyOb1 said:

Something is happening ? Would you like to have a bet on that ? 

Money = mouth. 

What's your point ?

You lot really seem to get in real hissyfits when I point out something you don't like - but which you can't argue with as it's clearly true. 

I have simply responded to two points made recently which are complete nonsense.

(1) Nothing is happening with Brexit

(2) Fox knows nothing about Brexit

When I point this out I am responded to with such claims as I have OCD or I have some strange view on reality and can't put things in context. 

It's pathetic. It really is. 

I will continue to point out nonsense when it's typed on here and is 100% factually incorrect. 

If you don't like that - I couldn't really give a toss.

It will continue - for as long as the remainers on here post nonsense.

I don't expect it to end any time soon. :D

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
14 minutes ago, kzb said:

What about the Blair "intervention" this weekend?

If it had been Trump, the BBC would've been all over it, saying he's delusional and spreading fake news.

Because it's Blair, they let him say the EU is willing to compromise on FoM, with little challenge.  This was actually reported as serious news on BBC TV.

Blair apparently has heard it said the EU would compromise to keep the UK in.  He was never challenged to reveal where this came from.  The official line is the four freedoms are non-negotiable:  "This is not poussible" remember from Barnier only the other week.

How is it this Blair interview was reported like this?

Because the so called bbc is corrupt

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Day two of Brexit talks – and the UK looks as underprepared as ever

David Davis leaned on an empty glass table, nothing but his reflection before him. There was not even a briefing paper with the words “have cake and eat it” scrawled into the margins – much less the silver spy-proof briefcase Davis reportedly uses to guard the nation’s top-secret Brexit plans. David Davis’s grin masked grim reality of ‘taking back control’ – the complexity of even basic issues. This is just the start. Guardian

Sorry, what's the plan?

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Interesting poll among Labour members, I wonder how Corbyn is going to square this with his views.

On Brexit, the survey revealed that their views are fiercely pro-EU, including that:

• 49% of members think there should “definitely” be a vote on the final Brexit deal, with a further 29.4% answering “more yes than no” to the question, and only 8.8% definitely opposing it.
  • Two-thirds of members (66%) think Britain should definitely stay in the single market with a further fifth (20.7%) saying “more yes than no” to the question. Only 4.2% of Labour members said they definitely believed Britain should leave the grouping.
  • There were similar levels of support on the customs union with 63.1% saying Britain should definitely stay within the group, 22.2% leaning towards the same position, and only 2.4% saying the UK should definitely leave it.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/jul/17/most-labour-members-want-uk-to-remain-in-single-market

HOLA4418
2 minutes ago, slawek said:

Interesting poll among Labour members, I wonder how Corbyn is going to square this with his views.

On Brexit, the survey revealed that their views are fiercely pro-EU, including that:

• 49% of members think there should “definitely” be a vote on the final Brexit deal, with a further 29.4% answering “more yes than no” to the question, and only 8.8% definitely opposing it.
  • Two-thirds of members (66%) think Britain should definitely stay in the single market with a further fifth (20.7%) saying “more yes than no” to the question. Only 4.2% of Labour members said they definitely believed Britain should leave the grouping.
  • There were similar levels of support on the customs union with 63.1% saying Britain should definitely stay within the group, 22.2% leaning towards the same position, and only 2.4% saying the UK should definitely leave it.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/jul/17/most-labour-members-want-uk-to-remain-in-single-market

I wouldn't describe that as being fiercely pro-EU.

Simply that they favour a soft / less disruptive Brexit.

HOLA4419
4 minutes ago, GrizzlyDave said:

I wouldn't describe that as being fiercely pro-EU.

Simply that they favour a soft / less disruptive Brexit.

I agree "fiercely" seems to be over the top. But there is no doubt that Labour members are much more pro-EU than the official position, they want overwhelmingly the single market, the customs union and the second referendum.

HOLA4420
14 minutes ago, slawek said:

The Guardian lol. At least the stories are nicely written. 

Everything is picked and chosen to be a biased as possible. 

HOLA4421
18 minutes ago, slawek said:

I agree "fiercely" seems to be over the top. But there is no doubt that Labour members are much more pro-EU than the official position, they want overwhelmingly the single market, the customs union and the second referendum.

That's still not pro-EU.

HOLA4422

David Davis leaves Brussels after less than one hour of Brexit talks

Davis’s early departure was pre-planned in order to vote in parliament, a Brexit department spokeswoman said. Brexit secretary took part in less than one hour of discussions with the EU on the first day of substantive negotiations with Brussels before his early return to Westminster prompted suggestions that the government’s parliamentary weakness was impeding the talks. Officials for the Department for Exiting the EU insisted that Davis had always intended to leave the talks after a meet and greet with the EU’s chief negotiator, Michel Barnier, but the cabinet minister’s swift exit from the proceedings raised eyebrows in Brussels.

Keir Starmer, the shadow Brexit secretary, claimed the British government was proving itself unable to negotiate. He said: “Since the election the government has been in disarray. There is no agreed cabinet position on vital Brexit issues, the negotiating team is not prepared and the prime minister has lost her authority. Meanwhile the clock is ticking and the risks are increasing day by day. Guardian

Oh yes, that's what I call hard exit. Barnier definitely wasn't expect that.

HOLA4423
1 minute ago, GrizzlyDave said:

That's still not pro-EU.

Why would they want the UK to stay in the single market and the custom union if they don't like those core structures of the EU?

Your definition of "pro-EU" must be very different from mine. Does it require sleeping under a blue duvet cover with yellow stars?

HOLA4424
HOLA4425
6 minutes ago, slawek said:

Why would they want the UK to stay in the single market and the custom union if they don't like those core structures of the EU?

Your definition of "pro-EU" must be very different from mine. Does it require sleeping under a blue duvet cover with yellow stars?

Pro-EU is wanting to remain an EU member.

What % of labour voters fall into that definition?