House Price Crash Forum

Brexit What Happens Next Thread ---multiple merged threads.

HOLA441
2 minutes ago, longgone said:

What a laughing stock the UK has become. I don't know what's worse controlled by EU or these twats

I agree. 

The only saving grace will be if this whole sorry exercise delivers us our exit from this chronic state of national humiliation. 

HOLA442
58 minutes ago, GrizzlyDave said:

I think Bercow is making the right call.

However given the circumstances the decision has potentially profound impact.

The decision of significant is also highly subjective; and it’s the subjective view of one person.

I think that makes it toxic.

It’s more likely now...

If May revokes she will need to resign immediately. How much does she want to hold onto power?

I think May will resign if it gets to the revocation point just like Cameron's resignation.

I think the EU will continue to push for another referendum rather than revocation... it's all about damage control. ;) 

HOLA443
1 minute ago, Dave Beans said:

Although we chose to leave.  The EU will protect the 27 first and foremost..They want to cause the least possible damage to the 27, so thats why they announced the contingency measures post no deal.

True enough. 

Ultimately they want to control us (hamper us, restrict and restrain us) for as long as possible, and extract substantial monies from us for as long as possible. 

No-deal Brexit delivers them neither of these things. From next Friday. 

HOLA444
2 minutes ago, Fletcher said:

I agree. 

The only saving grace will be if this whole sorry exercise delivers us our exit from this chronic state of national humiliation. 

I think a parliamentary review that all MPs must travel by 737 max8 is made law from tomorrow for all Brexit negotiations 

HOLA445
2 minutes ago, Fletcher said:

True enough. 

Ultimately they want to control us (hamper us, restrict and restrain us) for as long as possible, and extract substantial monies from us for as long as possible. 

No-deal Brexit delivers them neither of these things. From next Friday. 

The EU will get their 39bn.  Moreover, the lost cost of trade under a no deal will be much more than that..No deal isnt an end point.

Edited by Dave Beans

HOLA446
HOLA447

:blink:

Germany: ifo Institute cuts growth forecast for 2019 to 0.6 percent

Mar 14, 2019

The ifo Institute has cut its growth forecast for 2019 from 1.1 percent to 0.6 percent, but raised it for 2020 from 1.6 to 1.8 percent...

https://www.cesifo-group.de/ifoHome/presse/Pressemitteilungen/Pressemitteilungen-Archiv/2019/Q1/pm-20190314_ifo-Konjunkturprognose.html

HOLA448
6 minutes ago, Dave Beans said:

The EU will get their 39bn.  Moreover, the lost cost of trade under a no deal will be much more than that..No deal isnt an end point.

If they get it (and you may well be right that they will) it'll be because a gutless PM has given it to them, be that May or A.N. Other. 

As to the lost cost of trade, I'll respectfully disagree. 

The UK had an overall trade deficit of -£67 billion with the EU in 2017. A surplus of £28 billion on trade in services was outweighed by a deficit of -£95 billion on trade in goods.

Let's have it. 

HOLA449
1 minute ago, Fletcher said:

Fine. 

I keeping looking at exchange rates and I can't believe we aren't going into a full blown sterling crisis yet? like its getting a bit late to get it all nicely fixed in the 10 days, seems really calm - not real - no clear leadership. We should be vulnerable to another Soros ERM assault. The TPTB must actually want to come out of the EU or they would be hammering the pound. But they aren't, because that would bring down the government and stop Brexit. A sterling crisis would put a stop to this fairly quickly, but they don't, so this is want they?  Something has changed and they want out.

All the arguing, extra votes, confusfusion, It is just a circus to distract the masses. Just a thought.    

This is designed to come in on almost equal split, 50:50. One half can blame the other half (divide and conquer).

HOLA4410
7 minutes ago, Stateless said:

I keeping looking at exchange rates and I can't believe we aren't going into a full blown sterling crisis yet? like its getting a bit late to get it all nicely fixed in the 10 days, seems really calm - not real - no clear leadership. We should be vulnerable to another Soros ERM assault. The TPTB must actually want to come out of the EU or they would be hammering the pound. But they aren't, because that would bring down the government and stop Brexit. A sterling crisis would put a stop to this fairly quickly, but they don't, so this is want they?  Something has changed and they want out.

All the arguing, extra votes, confusfusion, It is just a circus to distract the masses. Just a thought.    

This is designed to come in on almost equal split, 50:50. One half can blame the other half (divide and conquer).

Actually it’s almost looking too neat and tidy.

TM banging her Brexit over the countries head like a demented robot.

Corbyn the evil closet Leaver similarly repeatedly refusing to listen to his Remain supporters.

The ERG fecking Brexit up. 

Maybe, long-term, it’s  healthy that political cakeism ends with pie in your face.

HOLA4411
14 minutes ago, Fletcher said:

If they get it (and you may well be right that they will) it'll be because a gutless PM has given it to them, be that May or A.N. Other. 

The UK had an overall trade deficit of -£67 billion with the EU in 2017. A surplus of £28 billion on trade in services was outweighed by a deficit of -£95 billion on trade in goods.

Let's have it. 

We have a 100bn going through Dover each year...If traffic drops by 10%, 30% 50%?  It'll be a pain for the EU but they can dissipate the loss through the 27.  

Its not a 50/50 negotiation; it never has been.  It isn't like negotiating in a souk.  I dont know how many times I have to say that..

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
20 minutes ago, Fletcher said:

Let's have it. 

£95bn shared between 27 is a trifling sum compared with the £28bn hit the UK would be taking alone.

HOLA4414
8 minutes ago, Dave Beans said:

We have a 100bn going through Dover each year...If traffic drops by 10%, 30% 50%?  It'll be a pain for the EU but they can dissipate the loss through the 27.  

Its not a 50/50 negotiation; it never has been.  It isn't like negotiating in a souk.  I dont know how many times I have to say that..

Traffic is not going to drop by even 10%, but if it did, fine. We will survive. And after that we will prosper - which is what the EU is terrified of. Have some bloody faith in your country. 

As regards your second comment, I fear it is exactly that mindset that May has carried into her so-called negotiations over the last three years, and we can see where that has landed us. 

HOLA4415
1 minute ago, Fletcher said:

Traffic is not going to drop by even 10%, but if it did, fine. We will survive. And after that we will prosper - which is what the EU is terrified of. Have some bloody faith in your country. 

As regards your second comment, I fear it is exactly that mindset that May has carried into her so-called negotiations over the last three years, and we can see where that has landed us. 

Frictionless trade will go, so yes, trade will drop over that crossing.

From the outset, its how many rules are the UK willing to accept...The first 40 seconds of this video from the US embassy in the UK sums it up...and I'm a remainer that now wants to leave - but I have my eyes completely wide open about a no deal brexit..

HOLA4416
30 minutes ago, Sheeple Splinter said:

It's not looking rosy. Bank merger job losses, and Auto maker job losses as ev manufacturing increase require fewer workers.

Naturally vw says tax subs should be increased for their preferred size of ev.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
21 minutes ago, Dave Beans said:

Frictionless trade will go, so yes, trade will drop over that crossing.

Theres a lot of denial of that most seemingly obvious fact in this thread.

There hasnt been much coverage of Farage's little jaunt:

HOLA4419
18 minutes ago, Itssimple said:

It's not looking rosy. Bank merger job losses, and Auto maker job losses as ev manufacturing increase require fewer workers.

Naturally vw says tax subs should be increased for their preferred size of ev.

When do you think the shoots of pragmatism will penetrate the EU's ideological permafrost?

China closing in:

Italy drawn to the promise of China's Silk Road in defiance of Brussels...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2019/03/17/italy-drawn-promise-chinas-silk-road-defiance-brussels/

HOLA4420
HOLA4421

:blink:

Now the EU aircraft carrier makes sense!

US warned over retreating from European security role

French minister says pullback by Washington could come back to haunt it

European countries fear the US commitment to protect them is wavering and will be further tested by the efforts of rival powers, including China, to gain influence in the region, Florence Parly, France’s defence minister, has warned...

https://www.ft.com/content/383ba038-49ac-11e9-8b7f-d49067e0f50d

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
6 hours ago, Fletcher said:

Faith is belief in the absence of proof.

We have proof that our political class are incompetent morons.

We have proof that our business leaders would sell their own grandmother to the altar of profit.

We have proof that this whole debacle has some rather sinister ultra right involvement, now with wind in their sails.

We have proof that our closest friends are salivating over the prospect of dismantling some of our most important national institutions. 

We have proof that our real enemies our dancing with glee and most likely had a hand in the result.

In what way and on what planet are any of these things good? 

HOLA4425
On 17/03/2019 at 22:00, copydude said:

Hasn't Mrs M already curtailed his Mr Speaker retirement package? I'm sure I read somewhere he isn't going to get the customary peerage. (What a spiteful woman.)

Assuming she still has a job when that moment comes....