House Price Crash Forum

Brexit What Happens Next Thread ---multiple merged threads.

HOLA441
Just now, ExiledMatty said:

I hope it kicks off big time. Anything that undermines those crooks in Brussels is a huge positive.

It’s not about the EU at all mate.

But if they do vote for Independence, and more importantly look to enact that. Then we will see a messy business unfold by Spain and Brussels.

Because the UK is a NATO and EU member - we will most likely tow the party line.

HOLA442
HOLA443
5 minutes ago, ExiledMatty said:

Exactly, which is why I want the Catalans to declare independence. The more mess for EU, the more likely the project will be derailed.

I would prefer radical reform rather than rail crash.

It really is going to be fascinating to watch.

This is the biggest uprising in Europe since the Berlin Wall came down.

HOLA444
HOLA445
11 hours ago, Sheeple Splinter said:

I watched both too and, as CoVI said, whilst there was plenty of evidence of the legacy of campaign/MSM misdirection there were calls for unity, transparency and direction. The political drift has left a gaping opportunity for a new party; Democrat Party perhaps?

Brexit, amongst many other issues, is a perfect scapegoat to deflect attention away from the clusterfeck the politicians, or to be precise, TPTB, have created globally. Divide and conquer the proles by pitting factions against each other.  

"Really it's the loss of a sense of purpose, belonging and fractured community at the heart of it. It won't stop, despite the optimists predictions."

It won't stop for as long as citizens accept being victims.

Have to agree with you on this

'Brussels is NOT the problem' EU lobby chief urges Britons to REJECT Brexit

A pro-EU lobby chief has sensationally claimed Britain will only "come to its senses" and reject Brexit once Britons realise they are to blame for the country's problems. A massive shift in public opinion has to happen for Brexit to be revoked. Mr Grant told the audience Britons have to start "blaming themselves"  instead of Brussels for the state of the country.

He said: "The only scenario I can think of now, of us staying inside the European Union is if the economy tanks badly and a crisis ensues. "The British public should then be starting to blame themselves and not foreigners or Brussels." Express

HOLA446
HOLA447
17 minutes ago, rollover said:

'Brussels is NOT the problem' EU lobby chief urges Britons to REJECT Brexit

A pro-EU lobby chief has sensationally claimed Britain will only "come to its senses" and reject Brexit once Britons realise they are to blame for the country's problems. A massive shift in public opinion has to happen for Brexit to be revoked. Mr Grant told the audience Britons have to start "blaming themselves"  instead of Brussels for the state of the country.

That is something the EU needs to do too though, it's still in denial about Brexit. Whilst there is a lot of blaming the EU for problems that aren't much to do with it within the UK the EU is guilty as sin of pointing the finger at everyone and everything other than themselves, and words like "come to its senses" just reinforce that, as well as reinforcing the "**** you" attitude towards it.

HOLA448
4 minutes ago, Riedquat said:

That is something the EU needs to do too though, it's still in denial about Brexit. Whilst there is a lot of blaming the EU for problems that aren't much to do with it within the UK the EU is guilty as sin of pointing the finger at everyone and everything other than themselves, and words like "come to its senses" just reinforce that, as well as reinforcing the "**** you" attitude towards it.

And what if it is the other way round? Denial comes to mind.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
13 minutes ago, dugsbody said:

Another good line!

Troll! Whatever happens on this forum, whatever gets discussed or disagreed upon, one thing remains true.

The remainers lost. They are losers. The BBC and their left wing propoganda are losers. The liberals are losers.

Britain is leaving the EU. The people have spoken. We are the winners.

HOLA4411
21 hours ago, Unexpected said:

I am saying they understand the pros and cons of the two options and they are equipped to answer the question. They do not however know how to implement Brexit.

That is the job of politicians and civil servants and if they do not want to do the job then they can go and work somewhere else. Same as what my boss would say to me.

Similarly, you are equipped to decide if you want to buy a new car. You are not equipped to design and build that car yourself though. You pay someone else to do that and you trust them to do it properly.

So the parallel is. We have a car not the best but perfectly serviceable and had to decide if we wanted a new one. The factual  information we were given to help us with that decision is 

how much will it cost - no idea 

what sort of car is it - no idea

does the engine work - no idea

when will it be ready - no idea 

what will we do while we are waiting for it to arrive - no idea

After carefully considering the above we decided yes we will have the new car.

HOLA4412
1 hour ago, ExiledMatty said:

Exactly, which is why I want the Catalans to declare independence. The more mess for EU, the more likely the project will be derailed.

This is an unhappy mess for Spain. 

What exactly is wrong with you ?

HOLA4413

"Britons realise they are to blame for the country's problems"

i agree with this. Boomers pumped the HPI bubble, crushed industry with their unions (greed), handed the world on a plate to neoliberalism, which only works for the rich, not the average man.

now we are left with hordes of uneducated morons voting for Brexit, as they perceive all the worlds ills are caused by the EU or 'immigration', when in truth its the 1% and the boomers to have caused the massive drop in living standards.

i will vote for corbyn, not that he is the answer. But at the moment hes the only one offering a better world for the young, and the young is where we should be spending efforts to make like better. Not the rotten oldies who have messed the country up, they should be taxed to poverty as punishment. 

HOLA4414
3 minutes ago, Confusion of VIs said:

So the parallel is. We have a car not the best but perfectly serviceable and had to decide if we wanted a new one. The factual  information we were given to help us with that decision is 

how much will it cost - no idea  There is only one car on offer to replace our broken down old one. We know there will be some haggling involved.

what sort of car is it - no idea    Any car is better than our broken down old one.

does the engine work - no idea  As its a hybrid, if the IC engine doesn't work, we'll use the electric.

when will it be ready - no idea   Similar problem to people buying actual cars. The dealer keeps putting the date back.

what will we do while we are waiting for it to arrive - no idea  Make do with the old one even though it gets a terrible fuel consumption.

After carefully considering the above we decided yes we will have the new car. We certainly did :)

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
4 minutes ago, Confusion of VIs said:

how much will it cost - no idea

nothing, in fact we’ll be paid for having a new  car

what sort of car is it - no idea

a brilliant fast one with a home cinema and jacuzzi that can fit on an A4 sized parking space. 

does the engine work - no idea

FFS don’t listen to expert mechanics when have they ever been right ?

when will it be ready - no idea 

tomorrow just let me get on the phone and give them a piece of my mind

what will we do while we are waiting for it to arrive - no idea

get on yer bike up the M1. Will be tough at first but in the end we’ll have  legs like tree trunks and eventually you’ll be able to get to work within a day  

After carefully considering the above we decided yes we will have the new car.

YESSS!!! FUK THE SYSTEM !!!

Can I buy it on my credit card ?

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
3 hours ago, ExiledMatty said:

You sound bitter and jealous, like most extreme left wingers. Haha. Enjoy your winter baldy.

Me?  Hahahaha, you are funny, and you call me a troll.  Trust me Matty, you'd envy my lifestyle, I don't envy yours.  I will enjoy my winter thanks, I have 2 weeks in France skiing to look forward too, and Xmas in Finland.  You enjoy being in control of your life, in that backpackers dorm :lol:

2 hours ago, ExiledMatty said:

Troll! Whatever happens on this forum, whatever gets discussed or disagreed upon, one thing remains true.

The remainers lost. They are losers. The BBC and their left wing propoganda are losers. The liberals are losers.

Britain is leaving the EU. The people have spoken. We are the winners.

Well, lets see about that shall we.  I think you're going to piss your pants with anger when we don't leave.

It's lovely to see the Brexiteers slowly get angrier, and angrier, and angrier the more they realise their dream isn't going to come true.

HOLA4419
1 hour ago, Unexpected said:

how much will it cost - no idea  There is only one car on offer to replace our broken down old one. We know there will be some haggling involved.   So were walked into the dealers told him we are buying the car no matter what, and now we are going to haggle :huh:

what sort of car is it - no idea    Any car is better than our broken down old one. but its not broken down and has performed pretty well over the past 40 years  

does the engine work - no idea  As its a hybrid, if the IC engine doesn't work, we'll use the electric. So we will limp along for a while before loosing power and coming to a complete stop, sounds plausible  

when will it be ready - no idea   Similar problem to people buying actual cars. The dealer keeps putting the date back. They don't normally put it back 2,5,10,... years

what will we do while we are waiting for it to arrive - no idea  Make do with the old one even though it gets a terrible fuel consumption. While at the same time letting the air out of our tyres

After carefully considering the above we decided yes we will have the new car. We certainly did :)And now, after the dreaming phase, we come head to head with reality :(

HOLA4420
2 hours ago, Riedquat said:

If you have been traveling in Europe recently the most striking thing about Brexit is how little interest or concern there is.     

HOLA4421
5 minutes ago, Confusion of VIs said:

If you have been traveling in Europe recently the most striking thing about Brexit is how little interest or concern there is.     

I spent 6 months post referendum travelling around the EU in our motorhome and was not once asked about Brexit until we hit our place in France in November, and then by the locals asking what we were thinking...

Same for this summer, barely a word apart from a very well spoken engineer from EADS in Toulouse suggesting he thought, and his friends, that it would not happen.  Also said lots of UK EADS engineers are moving over there.  

That's literally about it.  Earlier this year, we went to Germany for a friends 40th and wasn't once asked about it in 4 days.  They were more concerned about making sure I tried some schnitzel from a village restaurant a few miles away as I wouldn't taste a better one in Germany.  That and showing me, with great pride, an egg vending machine at their local farm.

I've genuinely not encountered anyone that interested, outside of the chap from Toulouse.

Edited by HairyOb1

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424

Something tells me that if the EU took over the taxing of EU citizens and there would be a special new tax rate of 80% to help the 3rd world countries catch up with our standard of living then the remainers here would suddenly feel that it was actually possible to leave the EU and that it could be done quickly and if necessary as a hard brexit.

Now please don't tell me that there is a 0.001 % chance of this happening because I know that already. My point is that if the EU made things bad enough for the remainers then they would change their tune and in their eyes brexit would become both possible and desirable.

HOLA4425
16 minutes ago, Unexpected said:

Something tells me that if the EU took over the taxing of EU citizens and there would be a special new tax rate of 80% to help the 3rd world countries catch up with our standard of living then the remainers here would suddenly feel that it was actually possible to leave the EU and that it could be done quickly and if necessary as a hard brexit.

Now please don't tell me that there is a 0.001 % chance of this happening because I know that already. My point is that if the EU made things bad enough for the remainers then they would change their tune and in their eyes brexit would become both possible and desirable.

So in essence, in this umpteenth desperate formulation of  ‘them’ vs ‘us’ wouldn’t  remainers go for ‘us’ ?

Problem being, as with referendums, imposing a binary formula risks an idiotic conclusion.