House Price Crash Forum

Brexit What Happens Next Thread ---multiple merged threads.

HOLA441
7 minutes ago, localhero1983 said:

Yep, just like every single generation for the last 1000 years, looking after the generation that reared and nurtured you is not unique to the present younger generation, who are [aid for it I might add in many cases.

The younger generation some of which never got the result they had wanted, hey ho that's democracy, are behaving like they have been robbed of a kidney.

Hey ho, that's free speech?

Why didn't the older generations raise the children properly?

HOLA442
7 minutes ago, Bruce Banner said:

I'm late 60s and the only outcome I dread is TMs wretched deal, the worst of all worlds.

Remain... no problem.

Hard Brexit... no problem, at least not in the long term.

The UK is not the only place that is changing, the EU is also changing.....the 'deal' allows movement to change, adjust....reconciliation and dialogue......as in all good divorces time heals......all in this together.;)

HOLA443
2 hours ago, btl_hater said:

Well I don’t think we are going to change habits of a lifetime and start paying attention to what she says.

Oi.  I voted for her

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/diane-abbott-election-result-labour-mp-increase-majority-11000-votes-shadow-home-secretary-hackney-a7781001.html

She won 75% of  the votes, the negatives stories about her are just fake news.

She is a very good MP

Edited by prozac

HOLA444
3 minutes ago, localhero1983 said:

Constant whinging from younger people about the possibility of a hard Brexit or no deal, many of them I dare say are on this site hoping for lower property prices, Well if we get that no deal then you can be 100% certain that a house price crash will follow, along with jobs as well I might add,

You've crammed a lot assumptions in there!

Sadly I don't think enough young people are hoping for lower property prices. Many hope instead for help to buy alongside continued high - or even higher - prices. But those who do hope for lower prices, don't want this to be accompanied by general impoverishment. They probably realise that a hard Brexit property crash would be bad (as it would be due to falling income), whereas a crash caused by speculators leaving the market would be welcome.

In any case, a crash is not inevitable in the event of a hard Brexit. If it were, why have prices not fallen significantly already, given the significant risk of a hard Brexit?

HOLA445
7 minutes ago, localhero1983 said:

My bet is the Asian economies becoming the next super powers, China in particular.

Is super power better?......China and Asia might want what they see as we have....what is true, honest wealth and influence?.....trust and truth?;)

HOLA446
20 minutes ago, localhero1983 said:

My bet is the Asian economies becoming the next super powers, China in particular.

NuLabour destroyed our manufacturing industry and China bought the redundant machine tools, for a bargain price, and now sell us products for cheaper than we used to make them using the very same machine tools.

HOLA447
2 hours ago, localhero1983 said:

You say that, but there are people on this thread lecturing everyday how dumb Brexit is and yet the same people want to see her on the frontbench

Why not, May is good for remainer.

I wouldn't call Brexit dumb, but I still think Brexit is undeliverable.

HOLA448
13 minutes ago, Bruce Banner said:

NuLabour destroyed our manufacturing industry and China bought the redundant machine tools, for a bargain price, and now sell us products for cheaper than we used to make them using the very same machine tools.

Like with many things that have happened......there are those that say all the EUs doing.;)

Edit to say.....manufacturing was not our thing, financial services were, our choice.

Edited by winkie

HOLA449
40 minutes ago, localhero1983 said:

Constant whinging from younger people about the possibility of a hard Brexit or no deal, many of them I dare say are on this site hoping for lower property prices, Well if we get that no deal then you can be 100% certain that a house price crash will follow, along with jobs as well I might add,

Yes. Who would have thought a house price crash and job losses couldn't happen.

Both baked in.

HOLA4410
2 hours ago, localhero1983 said:

So nobody is aging into 65 these days then?

For goodness sake, people waiting with glee for people to die, those pesky pensioners that once stormed the Normandy beaches, how they are making the lives of youngsters so difficult, wait don't they just hurry up and die.

What glee the facts, that judging from your posts to date you will not have bothered to check, are that none of the polls to date has shown any evidence of people changing their views as they age.

Almost all of the change to date has resulted fron deaths among the +65 age group who voted almost 75% for leave and their being replaced by 18yr olds who support leave by a similar margin.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
32 minutes ago, Confusion of VIs said:

What glee the facts, that judging from your posts to date you will not have bothered to check, are that none of the polls to date has shown any evidence of people changing their views as they age.

Almost all of the change to date has resulted fron deaths among the +65 age group who voted almost 75% for leave and their being replaced by 18yr olds who support leave by a similar margin.

You seemed to be able to find every limp poll that suits your agenda from the months leading up to Brexit to the 2 years after, yet you cannot seem to get your head around the only relevant one that was made by the electorate in June 2016.

Show me these "polls" then if they exist, ones that state that people going into the 65 year bracket have not changed their minds, I am not saying that might not be the case, just making the point you have seen no such polls?

HOLA4413
5 hours ago, Confusion of VIs said:

The polls said it was too close to call before the last referendum so technically they were correct.

They were almost precisely right in predicting how people they covered would vote. What they missed was the number of people who had never previously bothered to engage with votes of any kind who managed to make it to the polling boots and voted almost to a man for leave.

This is now a known factor and will have been taken acount of in current polls.

Predicting the result of any future referendum should actually be very easy.

As almost no one is changing their mind, it will be a simple actuarial calculation taking account of the of the number of 65 plus voters dying off and being replaced by new voters.

Might the calculation be complicated because the turnout is difficult to predict? Haven't young people being registering and voting in greater numbers since the referendum?

HOLA4414
9 hours ago, rollover said:

Interesting to listen again the facts and details that was clear before the Brexit referend. It's hard to understand that after two and a half years many people still ignore them.

After relisten David Cameron's appeal before the referendum, I'm not surprised that he resigned the very next morning after it becomes clear that unreasonableness and disinformation propaganda won.

Voice from the back of the room: "Do you know what a torque wrench is, Commander? And when was the last time you used one?"

Dave: "Er... up the Hammers!"

HOLA4415

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46330380

I just don't get this, over and over again I am watching the "celebrations", the handshakes and hugs, the constant "we are there at last" high fives, the deal is done. When it is close to 100% certain if you are to trust only a small percentage of MP's to do what they say they are going to do, this deal has no chance of being accepted.

May is acting like it is all settled 

HOLA4416
12 minutes ago, localhero1983 said:

I just don't get this, over and over again I am watching the "celebrations", the handshakes and hugs, the constant "we are there at last" high fives, the deal is done. When it is close to 100% certain if you are to trust only a small percentage of MP's to do what they say they are going to do, this deal has no chance of being accepted.

May is acting like it is all settled 

Maybe she knows something we don't.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422

Strictly compared to Brexit by viewers after scoring blunder

Strictly Come Dancing viewers compared the show to Brexit after the judges struggled to dole out scores to the contestants live on air. Strictly hosts Claudia Winkleman and Tess Daly were forced to intervene and clarify the scores more than once, before it was finally revealed that Ashley Roberts was in first place and Lauren Steadman had come last.

The seemingly endless catastrophe tickled Strictly viewers, with many comparing the confusion to the ongoing Brexit negotiations. Most fans of the show saw the funny side, but others said it was a “shambles”. independent.ie

At least some of them saw the funny side of it.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424

300 scientists and 13 federal agencies, found that wildfires, storms and heatwaves will become common place.. leading to costal property disappearing and food shortages.. 

We import 65% of our food in the U.K.. we are in deep poop if the scientists are correct! 

Lets keep those boarders open.. 

you cant eat money.. 

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2018/nov/24/climate-change-report-trump-administration-democrats-reaction

4B8870E9-1B93-40E7-B2BC-C44DCC92C8E5.jpeg

Edited by macca13

HOLA4425