House Price Crash Forum

Sunday Bear Food From Dt

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443

They told me that they wanted to increase my credit card limit by £3,000... Do they want me to accept it?...do they want me to use it?...if I do, do they require or want me to repay it....those that benefit from me using it don't care if I repay it....they are just glad I was given it and spent it.;)

Edited by winkie

HOLA444

The telegraph seems to be in conflict with itself at the moment. Strange times, winners and losers.

The DT is pro-brexit right? Well they're running articles supporting EU migration http://www.telegraph.co.uk/pensions-retirement/financial-planning/10-european-countries-for-british-retirement-living-costs-proper/

In truth the DT is just like far too many British people, they want to have their cake and eat it!

Edited by olde guto

HOLA445

Makes me wonder if BOMAD will eventually become the biggest "bank" in 10 to 15 years' time. Essentially, anyone who's bought property in the last 5 to 10 years will need to save up for a deposit AGAIN and be mugs in an even greater ponzi. It's not enough to be the greatest fool - these days you have to play that role TWICE.

HOLA446

The DT is pro-brexit right? Well they're running articles supporting EU migration http://www.telegraph.co.uk/pensions-retirement/financial-planning/10-european-countries-for-british-retirement-living-costs-proper/

In truth the DT is just like far too many British people, they want to have their cake and eat it!

In fairness to the DT they've made a good effort to cover those who are presenting both for and against cases for Brexit.

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

Criminal bankers,

driving down savings rates...

taking money off the tax payers...

taking tax payers guarantees ...

bankers estate agency's pushing up prices...

mums and dads be encouraged to ponzi up...

Lending obscence multiples of income...

Btl Io mortgages pushing up prices to unfathomable levels...

Debt debt debt..people really are stupid.

Criminal f##king bankers...supported by criminal f##king politicians

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

In fairness to the DT, it is awful beyond belief. It continues it rapid descent down hill, and makes Mumsnet look good. I bet they will manage to squeeze in a picture of the Royal family, and some horn Queen sunbathing tomorrow, maybe even combining the two.

Like most papers all the serious journalists have long gone.

HOLA4413

Makes me wonder if BOMAD will eventually become the biggest "bank" in 10 to 15 years' time. Essentially, anyone who's bought property in the last 5 to 10 years will need to save up for a deposit AGAIN and be mugs in an even greater ponzi. It's not enough to be the greatest fool - these days you have to play that role TWICE.

There's also the Bank of MEW to follow, when the Bank of M&D fails.

eaHysQ4.jpg

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

The government (well the remain supporting half of it) seem to now be using the 'Brexit will cause falling house prices' as their trump card, knowing that the Daily Wail is a pro HPI paper like most and that this seems to overide and corrupt most normal intelligent thinking when faced with the prospect of falling prices.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418

"People are being encouraged to buy at any price"... This is the real crux of the issue, 18 months ago in my area anything that was even just slightly overpriced would stand little chance of selling, now even the most stupidly overpriced houses are selling within a couple of weeks.

People are paying no concern at all to asking prices and are simply looking at whether they can afford the monthly repayments.

HOLA4419

"People are being encouraged to buy at any price"... This is the real crux of the issue, 18 months ago in my area anything that was even just slightly overpriced would stand little chance of selling, now even the most stupidly overpriced houses are selling within a couple of weeks.

People are paying no concern at all to asking prices and are simply looking at whether they can afford the monthly repayments.

A lot of people seem to be falling into the HPI forever trap of thinking that if I don't buy now I'll never be able to afford to as prices continue to rise, despite the fact that its increasingly obvious current prices are unsustainable.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421

You're all free to donate your own savings to such buyers/owners. Sign over your pension pots too if it makes you happy.

It's a market. Not an excuse fest.

Some look at the asking prices and recoil. Others push and fall over themselves to pay those prices. Others try and insist those paying the prices are pure innocence. Banks offer mortgages in a market, therefore banks blame. No. Take ownership for your own decisions. All the 'encouraged' excuses is all I've ever ever heard in massive HPI fest.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423

^^^ This.

Before Gidiot's Help-to-Inflate the highest price of houses in the round I live in and the next road was 20% lower than the current kite-flying prices.

In the last couple of months, houses that have surpassed the highest price achieved have gone (and we live in a fairly ordinary semi-urban part of south manc, going towards sunny Stockport).

One place that was previously rented, had a dormer roof extension put in and had been on market since April/May last year, in the last month it's sold, THE ASKING PRICE WAS NOT EVEN REDUCED , as me and Mrs JFK used to have a nosey on rightmove every week or so.

STOP HELPING US DAVE/GIDIOT

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

The government (well the remain supporting half of it) seem to now be using the 'Brexit will cause falling house prices' as their trump card, knowing that the Daily Wail is a pro HPI paper like most and that this seems to overide and corrupt most normal intelligent thinking when faced with the prospect of falling prices.

The daily express are really pro brexit, but they are also pro massive HPI, will be interesting to see how they handle this story.

Oh please... The Express has Farage as a columnist and it's owner donates to UKIP. The Mail tries to put an anti-EU spin on any story to do with the EU, if something positive comes out of the EU they'll do their damnedest to make sure the minimum amount of credit is given to the EU as possible.

They will blame Osborne, they'll blame the pro-EU banking elites etc, they will turn it into an anti-EU story.