House Price Crash Forum

Exploitation Exploitation Exploitation

HOLA441

I liked it - I thought the Kirsty and Phil characters were genuinely funny, especially their asides.

I didn't think they needed to take the p!ss with the flat though - they could have just gone to something genuinely available and shown the price. Would have been a bit harder hitting and harder to laugh off IMO.

HOLA442
HOLA443

whenever my rent has been less than 33%, I have been able to save like buggery, no matter what other expenses.

No wonder the PTB want people to spend all their money on housing. No freedom till you die.

HOLA444
HOLA445

Labour should have made their entire manifesto based on these issues and should have done it in big loud words and speeches, not just piddled around the edges trying to please everyone across the board in such a wishy washy manner. Another decade or so of this and we end up being a 3rd world country or the knitting needles will be out for the Saturday afternoon matinee watching Madame Guillotine at work.

A bit rich seeing how it was under their watch that all this started.

Of course, the current shower are hardly innocent.

HOLA446
HOLA447

whenever my rent has been less than 33%, I have been able to save like buggery, no matter what other expenses.

No wonder the PTB want people to spend all their money on housing. No freedom till you die.

Well being that fewer people are now in a position to buy, more are being forced into renting and with wages stagnant at best.....big problems are brewing up for the future, because so many more people save nothing, zero, zilch.....they will find they may have a £50 week pension at 60 if lucky and an unknown unknown on age and amount of a state pension, anyone's guess......tell me who will be paying all these peoples rents in the future? ;)

HOLA448

1st one genuine second one a p1ss take. Well almost.

£3/400 a week is quite 'normal'. Couples without kids are probably best off. Singles are better off house sharing or moving to the outer zones.

The thing to remember is its 2016 now - it was stupid in 2006. The frog is still boiling but not quite jumping yet.

Indeed, 10 years on and after a mini crash, things still look silly and that's not just in London (although, London is by far the craziest)!

HOLA449

Indeed, 10 years on and after a mini crash, things still look silly and that's not just in London (although, London is by far the craziest)!

It was collapsing slowly till 3 years ago...then the Tories worked out they needed to support the bottom of the the pyramid.

It wasn't sustainable post 2005 and its looking dangerously unstable now. No buyer outside of the pyramid can surely buy now...its investors now....investors speculate...collapse follows.

Its not time to buy...its time to leave

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
Well, at least she's focusing on the major point about the impact stoopid houses prices have on society and taking it forward. If she mainly focused on her bruised ego then that would really show her up...... Edited by Noallegiance

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416

Indeed

Problem is you can't guarantee any pension or savings will be still be there when the time comes. Spread the risk and hope for the best

HOLA4417

Silly cow, she doesn't really get that it's not actually about her per se.

Newsflash @guardian journalists have decided to sell their homes not for profit because they're so outraged by the London property market.

I'd bet that a good proportion of London journalists don't own, and this number will only grow larger if things don't correct soon.

Edited by LC1

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421

Look at her tweets.

She is more interested in her reputation than the real underlying issue that is being addressed by EEE

I cant tell if thats a parody twitter account set up by the people behind the video pointing out how vacuous and self obsessed she is