House Price Crash Forum
macfarlan

Exploitation Exploitation Exploitation

Are you a hard-working young professional thinking you can’t afford to rent in London? Well, you’re right. In this special edition of Exploitation, Exploitation, Exploitation, presenters Christie and Will get their hands dirty as they take would-be tenants Gilly and Steve on a search for their dream home – or at least, an apartment where they don’t suspect a murder has taken place

http://www.theguardian.com/world/video/2016/mar/14/exploitation-exploitation-exploitation-a-property-show-for-millennials-video

Edited by macfarlan

Not that funny really, when it is all so realistically true and growing worse......who cares for 'hard working people' that only ask for a semi decent place, a base to live whilst working a stressful life in and around the city, when for the last 25 years all they have cared for are the investors and the cash rich that are in many cases now exploiting real working people......no wonder thousands are exiting big time......the cons column has now become longer than the pro column.....do your own SWOT. ;)

Surely all that money could be put to better use in the economy than being passed to rentiers who use it to finance loans and buy more property?

We really are an incredibly thick country.

A friend works as a County Court Bailiff in London. He says that his workload these days is almost nothing but evictions with agents sometimes turning up with prospective new tenants trying to view the property while the eviction is ongoing. The London housing market is utter madness seemingly without end.

Edited by Olebrum

Surely all that money could be put to better use in the economy than being passed to rentiers who use it to finance loans and buy more property?

We really are an incredibly thick country.

What like infrastructure, industry/production, house building, education...

This is the post industrial economy, get with the program. Ignore Germany/China

1st one genuine second one a p1ss take. Well almost.

£3/400 a week is quite 'normal'. Couples without kids are probably best off. Singles are better off house sharing or moving to the outer zones.

The thing to remember is its 2016 now - it was stupid in 2006. The frog is still boiling but not quite jumping yet.

The comments are depressing.

Whinging envy filled cry baby...

Without us landlords buying all the property up you'd have no where to live etc

Edited by PopGun

That's a great find!

Is rent really an average of 3/4 salary now? FFS. :unsure:

Out in the shires it's not much different. Monthly over 50% of my salary goes on rent. Under MMR only 38% of a monthly salary can go to a mortgage. Something isn't right :lol::lol:

Out in the shires it's not much different. Monthly over 50% of my salary goes on rent. Under MMR only 38% of a monthly salary can go to a mortgage. Something isn't right :lol::lol:

....and it's not funny either. ;)

Javone Prince is a legend and this is short and sharp and very true about the attitude people face from well-to-do property big wigs.

And bring back Phoneshop you chicken-box priks at E4.

Absolutely brilliant, thanks so much for posting it. Those two are hilarious - they really should have their own tv show, shouldn't they? I am in fact going to write to Channel 4 and propose just that...

The girl has been in quite a few things including a brilliant comedy sketch show some years back called 'Man Stroke Woman'.

Labour should have made their entire manifesto based on these issues and should have done it in big loud words and speeches, not just piddled around the edges trying to please everyone across the board in such a wishy washy manner. Another decade or so of this and we end up being a 3rd world country or the knitting needles will be out for the Saturday afternoon matinee watching Madame Guillotine at work.

Didn't see that but she was brilliant as the v strange TV exec in, er, what was it called - versions? editions? EPISODES.

oopsh intervening post - that was to dtmark...

Just wrote this to Channel 4.

"Hi there, I just watched this and thought you might be interested in giving these two fantastic characters their own weekly property show, you know, so that you depict the property market in a fair and balanced way. What do you think? Snap it up quick because I'm writing to the Beeb about this, too, smiley face! http://www.theguardian.com/world/video/2016/mar/14/exploitation-exploitation-exploitation-a-property-show-for-millennials-video"

They tell me that they will get back to me shortly so will let you know.

Edited by North London Rent Girl

That was incredible! If only this went viral I'm sure many others in my position would find it brilliant, very well done bravo! Think I'll write to Channel 4 too, lets all do it ;)