Please Give Generously - Myleene Klass Has To Pay Her Mansion Tax

Trampa501

HOLA441
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

She is apparently renting her £3M mansion (so I've been reprimanded on Twitter) so I'm not sure why she is complaining.

The owner of the mansion I assume would be taxed, and of course rents are set by the market (in theory).

However the rentier shills on Twitter masquerading as 'libertarians' have been having a field day.

HOLA443
HOLA444

She is apparently renting her £3M mansion (so I've been reprimanded on Twitter) so I'm not sure why she is complaining.

The owner of the mansion I assume would be taxed, and of course rents are set by the market (in theory).

However the rentier shills on Twitter masquerading as 'libertarians' have been having a field day.

She seemed to get the better of Miliband, in the clip I saw on sky news, and for that I thank her, whoever she is.

With regard to her complaining when she is renting, It's refreshing to see someone sticking up for what they think is right rather than what benefits them personally.

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

Apparently, she rents.

She has sold a seven figure home owned in her sole name.

Curious business, where allegedly she seemed willing to sacrifice a lot of dough to avoid having her income discussed in court..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2158935/Myleene-Klass-puts-marital-home-sale-2-5million-Graham-Quinn-walks-out.html

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/myleene-klass-offer-graham-quinn-2034199

Edited by juvenal

HOLA4410

There is a little bit of HPC in this story:

While the five-bedroom country house was valued at £2.5million, it’s thought she took at £700,000 hit when it came to selling it.

At the time of selling her house in Cuffley, Herts a source close to the estranged couple said: “They’d hoped to get a bigger nest egg to move on with their lives but in the current economic climate that’s all the sale would reach. They’d been struggling to sell it for a while.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413

Why are grannies in £2 million pound homes seen as being victims?

In Zone 1 or 2, it could be a 2 bed mid terrace built for a factory worker. Granny might like living near her family and has no interest in the value of her home. Should she be forced to sell due to HPI? Granny isn't the problem and this tax will raise a pittance.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
Guest Jemmy Button

To me, Klass comes across as a silly little rich girl who thinks the whole world is in love with her. That she speaks up for people living in 'hardship' in two million pound houses shows how out of touch this silly London centric bimbo is. Last nights TV encounter was a spectacular own girl by Klass. If she mauled Milliband, that's nothing to the mauling she's getting on social media.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418

To me, Klass comes across as a silly little rich girl who thinks the whole world is in love with her.

I listen to smooth radio, fairly calming music, then she disturbs that calm with her inane mutterings about what her children did at school etc, like anyone of sound mind could care less

HOLA4419
HOLA4420

She appears to me to be obnoxious and entitled (and over rehearsed). EdM dealt with her reasonably, patiently and with respect.

He looked a little bit taken a back to me. Maybe he should have pointed out that that water has been taxed, indirectly through water rates?

If Miliband cant make a cogent case for property taxes for the super wealthy versus a celeb then theres something very wrong (with him).

Yes, although I agree that property (well land, support a LVT!) needs to be taxed more, the mansion tax is a poor idea which will be hard to sell. It was pointed at the end of the discussion that council tax hasn't been re-banded for countless years and although Ed jumped on this saying 'ah, so you do support a mansion' etc, etc... he seemed to miss the point. This should be how they raise greater tax from property in the short term. Much easily to sell that idea than set up a new mansion tax.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422

If Miliband cant make a cogent case for property taxes for the super wealthy versus a celeb then theres something very wrong (with him).

Yep. Looking like we'll have a general election built on the core issues of a mansion tax, immigration and of course the all-encompassing deficit.

May as well just give Farage the keys now.

HOLA4423

Pity she is rich as id like to buy her and get her posted from the Philippines.

Cracking looking bird and doesn't like the Labour party, a very good start.

and quite an accomplished classically trained musician too

she actually HAS got talent.

HOLA4424

Yep. Looking like we'll have a general election built on the core issues of a mansion tax, immigration and of course the all-encompassing deficit.

May as well just give Farage the keys now.

and the fact that milliband and his merry men could not be trusted to run the school tuck shop,let alone the UK economy.

HOLA4425