House Price Crash Forum

Massive Queues Overnight For Iphone6

200p

HOLA441

I wear a watch mostly out of habit. My previous watch broke and I went with no watch for quite a long time until someone gave me one for Christmas.

Yes, I'm less sociable than average but even then "many people like to stay in contact where possible with others" is going too far to the opposite extreme. Sorry, I just can't accept that it is not. There are plenty of things I like doing but none that I feel the desire to be able to do at any time. That is what makes it obsessive.

Do people manage 12 hour plane flights without going insane?

How do you feel about my opinion that a lot of people go out of their way to keep busy all the time and pay little attention to the world around them, and that's ultimately no good for them either?

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443

Does the new iPhone 6 BEND in your pocket? Angry users post photos of warped phones just a few days after buying them

article-2767465-219DA05700000578-49_964x

Owners of the new iPhone 6 Plus have been surprised by an unintended extra feature dubbed 'bend-gate'. The MacRumours forum reports 'a small but growing number' of owners - who paid up to $999 - found their iPhone bent after carrying it in their pockets. It is believed the thinner design and the use of aluminium metal causes the phone to bend.

So too big to fit in a pocket now, thus it bends?

I suspect that Uri Geller's involved in this.

HOLA444
HOLA445

I wear a watch mostly out of habit. My previous watch broke and I went with no watch for quite a long time until someone gave me one for Christmas.

Yes, I'm less sociable than average but even then "many people like to stay in contact where possible with others" is going too far to the opposite extreme. Sorry, I just can't accept that it is not. There are plenty of things I like doing but none that I feel the desire to be able to do at any time. That is what makes it obsessive.

Do people manage 12 hour plane flights without going insane?

How do you feel about my opinion that a lot of people go out of their way to keep busy all the time and pay little attention to the world around them, and that's ultimately no good for them either?

Yes, people do manage 12 hour flights without going insane. I've even met some of them.

I think your opinion has merit. I don't think most people try to be busy all the time, they just get swept up in the world and what is happening around them without thinking that there may be another option. It's probably just as bad doing this as it is sitting on your bum all the time contemplating the world. The first could lead to stress and an early grave. The second could lead to other mental illness - see the depression thread. For me there's a balance. It's not a black and white situation and probably everyone has a point on the scale where they want to be depending on their personality type. Some people actively thrive in being in a dynamic environment with lots happening, surrounded by people and communicating all the time - they don't like to be on their own and feel lonely without others. Others like me find it thourougly exhausting to be around lots of people continually. But I don't think it is valid to assume that just because someone adopts either of the two extreme positions means they are necessarily having a bad life, or a life that doesn't suit them or that they don't want, or is bad for them, or that they haven't considered the position they are in. I used to have a girlfriend whose phone was constantly ringing from some family member or other. It would have driven me nuts. But for her it was just normal, because she'd grown up as part of a huge family that were constantly in touch with each other, and she would have probably felt lonely without it.

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

You are bound to be seriously cheesed off to spend over 600 quid on a phone that bends like that - looks like they could snapin the pocket.

It looks like a manufacturing fault. Presumably a small number are affected.

Edit: the clips I have seen of affected users are of 'large' Americans. There is bound to be a fair amount of heat and pressure generated in the back pocket.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

I don't understand the complaints about 'bending'

Isn't the problem that smartphones have got too large given the drive for thinness to go in the pocket and not bend around flesh ?

If you want something that big and thin get a bag to carry it or put it in a pocket where it doesn't have to stay rigid despite kgs of pressure forcing it to curve.

If you sat on a phone on a soft seat would you expect it to always survive undamaged ? If not, why should it survive unscathed if it's in your back pocket ?

Take a pair of glasses as an analogy.

geez.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416

You are bound to be seriously cheesed off to spend over 600 quid on a phone that bends like that - looks like they could snapin the pocket.

I'd like to agree with you but I doubt it matters

iPhones are status symbols so people simply won't worry

HOLA4417

I don't understand the complaints about 'bending'

Isn't the problem that smartphones have got too large given the drive for thinness to go in the pocket and not bend around flesh ?

If you want something that big and thin get a bag to carry it or put it in a pocket where it doesn't have to stay rigid despite kgs of pressure forcing it to curve.

If you sat on a phone on a soft seat would you expect it to always survive undamaged ? If not, why should it survive unscathed if it's in your back pocket ?

Take a pair of glasses as an analogy.

geez.

they have made it thinner and lighter, but used Aluminium for the chassis, rather than a stronger "quality" metal that could cope, I gather.

It could be an issue as "quality" is their USP.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421

Have this one licked, here's my iTrousers - with rigid pockets, the perfect accessory.

Also has Far-a-day lining to prevent unwanted OS updates crippling functionality and the whitest white strides that you have ever seen.

g04qy225500c.jpg

how do you turn them on?

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Gosh, I need a smartphone to do all of that? In fact I often need all of that? And even those bits I want I have no desire or need for them all the time, everywhere I go because I'm grown up enough not to feel desperately insecure if I'm not constantly part of the herd.

One other thing my phone cost me £100 I spend £5 a month on top up 3p a minute. my land line is 9p a minute so I save £10 a month by having a mobile.

Archived