House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

200p

Massive Queues Overnight For Iphone6

Quite weird really! I want a phone that fits in my pocket. I am not a poacher! I have an enormous television to watch films on, which didn't cost much morethan this iThing! :blink:

I thought it was well known that Apple pays people to queue at new product launches, it's part of their marketing strategy.

wonder if the SNP used that tactic?

new labour did for sure.

I thought it was well known that Apple pays people to queue at new product launches, it's part of their marketing strategy.

Naa.. I reckon there really are that many people who will happily queue all day/night for a phone upgrade.

Simple things..

I think there is a big culture of wanting to be 'first' either to own something or visit a new restaurant/bar/whatever. Quite a clever marketing tactic to keep the endless consumption going.

It's not like you can go to a museum in most parts of the world and see shiny baubles from ancient peoples, is it?

Exactly, people have always tried to demonstrate their status through hoarding, carrying or displaying pretty and expensive things with little or no practical value. At least a phone has some, and quite considerable, practical value. Personally, I regard my life as too short to spend days queuing for the latest iPhone as well as being unlikely to confer any additional status amongst my peer group. Others, however, obviously differ.

Fantastic piece of marketing overall though.

I think there is a big culture of wanting to be 'first' either to own something or visit a new restaurant/bar/whatever. Quite a clever marketing tactic to keep the endless consumption going.

What are you saying? People are becoming more like sheep, I've got something better than you, l've been/done something you haven't done, I am better, richer, cooler than you.....wouldn't you wish you were like me?.........quite frankly no,no,no.

What are you saying? People are becoming more like sheep, I've got something better than you, l've been/done something you haven't done, I am better, richer, cooler than you.....wouldn't you wish you were like me?

You're just showing off now Winkie.

...but i am not smart enough to own a smart phone, one small phone is plenty enough..... Have I sold it to you? :-)

...but i am not smart enough to own a smart phone, one small phone is plenty enough..... Have I sold it to you? :-)

I'm off to queue for it now!

I mean compared to my phone it's, um, newer.

Winkie is entirely "Pinworthy" as are you, SirFrank of Kernow!

I hate ********, waste, and tiny cars, and more ********!

Look at them, sad plonkers.

I am a sad plonker, but I am not buying that sh1t! :wacko:

What are you saying? People are becoming more like sheep, I've got something better than you, l've been/done something you haven't done, I am better, richer, cooler than you.....wouldn't you wish you were like me?.........quite frankly no,no,no.

Winkie rubbishes all of human history and achievement.

Well done.

Wait for the next upgrade, it will be waterproof. There are early reports of people getting so excited, when they open the box, they just cant contain their excitement!