House Price Crash Forum

Cheap Toilet Paper - Is It Worth It ?

Rigsby

HOLA441

I go for the cheapest stuff in LIDL, I think it's about £2 for a dozen rolls. But if you go for a good long dump, you have to wrap it over and over about 4 times to get some strength or your finger goes through it, and its so cr*p that its doesn't absorb and you can't get proper purchase, so you have to have 3 or 4 goes at it.

So at the end of the day you are using about 5 or 6 times as much paper per two-bob-bit. But I just can't bring myself to pay out for Andrex or such luxury. I'd use old newspaper, but 'er indoors and the kids won't have any of it.

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

Separate the sheets and glue squares of newspaper inbetween to strengthen them, and then roll it all up again. The wife'll never notice.

I hate the ones with the little yellow and brown flowery patterns on them, so you have to examine them really closely to tell if you're done

HOLA449

What a load of cr@p. I work offshore where they have the cheapest, roughest, thinnest bog roll you can buy and it still cleans my @rse.

:)

Why not just crap over the side. and let the sea lick your bum clean? :blink:

HOLA4410

Why not just crap over the side. and let the sea lick your bum clean? :blink:

:lol: Well quite.

But anyway if you require a load of toilet paper each time it really means you need to change your diet i.e. you need more fibre and probiotics etc. You'll be pooping so cleanly no paper necessary.

An even cheaper alternative is, of course.... the Arab method.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

We use cheap aldi rolls, not because I like the feeling of wiping my ass with coarse sandpaper but because, thanks to our 'eco' water saving toilet, any hint of luxury invariably means I have to dispatch the plunger to clear the wreckage.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

Grease paper like, Izal could make a comeback.

I had a look for a laugh, but an Amazon seller sells it for 12 boxes for a £17.

Assuming one normal bog roll is equivalent to one box of Izal, that's pricey.

If you can pick up a box of Izal for 10p, then one will make do and mend when you're skint.

HOLA4417

Accept no substitutes

chemical_suits_IZAL.jpg

Grease paper like, Izal could make a comeback big time in the coming years as incomes get more squeezed. I believe it is the stuff that you used at school.

I had a look for a laugh to see if you could buy it in bulk. An Amazon seller, sells it at £17 for 12 boxes.

Assuming one normal bog roll is equivalent to one box of Izal, that's pricey.

If you can pick up a box of Izal for 10p, then one will make do and mend when you're skint.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419

Maybe I have missed the point here, but WHY is Izals used at all? Is it by hospitals to stop misude of normal paper?

HOLA4420

Izals a good option when you have visitors , can't be used for anything else ......

....yes it can, tracing paper. ;)

.....almost forgot, ideal for lining baking trays, good alternative to baking parchment, sometimes you have to overlap but the readymade creases make the job so much easier.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422

Maybe I have missed the point here, but WHY is Izals used at all? Is it by hospitals to stop misude of normal paper?

I too genuinely wonder about this.

I have never seen any reason given.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Archived