House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rigsby

Cheap Toilet Paper - Is It Worth It ?

I go for the cheapest stuff in LIDL, I think it's about £2 for a dozen rolls. But if you go for a good long dump, you have to wrap it over and over about 4 times to get some strength or your finger goes through it, and its so cr*p that its doesn't absorb and you can't get proper purchase, so you have to have 3 or 4 goes at it.

So at the end of the day you are using about 5 or 6 times as much paper per two-bob-bit. But I just can't bring myself to pay out for Andrex or such luxury. I'd use old newspaper, but 'er indoors and the kids won't have any of it.

We had that at school. Because it was so shiny I remember a very high possibility of slippage and spreadage when trying to get enough purchase.

Accept no substitutes

chemical_suits_IZAL.jpg

Separate the sheets and glue squares of newspaper inbetween to strengthen them, and then roll it all up again. The wife'll never notice.

I hate the ones with the little yellow and brown flowery patterns on them, so you have to examine them really closely to tell if you're done

What a load of cr@p. I work offshore where they have the cheapest, roughest, thinnest bog roll you can buy and it still cleans my @rse.

:)

Why not just crap over the side. and let the sea lick your bum clean? :blink:

Why not just crap over the side. and let the sea lick your bum clean? :blink:

:lol: Well quite.

But anyway if you require a load of toilet paper each time it really means you need to change your diet i.e. you need more fibre and probiotics etc. You'll be pooping so cleanly no paper necessary.

An even cheaper alternative is, of course.... the Arab method.

A mate was renovating an old house. The toilet was blocked by one of the builders wiping their **** with coarse grain woodchip wallaper.

A mate was renovating an old house. The toilet was blocked by one of the builders wiping their **** with coarse grain woodchip wallaper.

I use woodchip wallpaper to wipe my backside too.

It works best while it is still on the wall.

We use cheap aldi rolls, not because I like the feeling of wiping my ass with coarse sandpaper but because, thanks to our 'eco' water saving toilet, any hint of luxury invariably means I have to dispatch the plunger to clear the wreckage.

Grease paper like, Izal could make a comeback.

I had a look for a laugh, but an Amazon seller sells it for 12 boxes for a £17.

Assuming one normal bog roll is equivalent to one box of Izal, that's pricey.

If you can pick up a box of Izal for 10p, then one will make do and mend when you're skint.

Accept no substitutes

chemical_suits_IZAL.jpg

Grease paper like, Izal could make a comeback big time in the coming years as incomes get more squeezed. I believe it is the stuff that you used at school.

I had a look for a laugh to see if you could buy it in bulk. An Amazon seller, sells it at £17 for 12 boxes.

Assuming one normal bog roll is equivalent to one box of Izal, that's pricey.

If you can pick up a box of Izal for 10p, then one will make do and mend when you're skint.

Maybe I have missed the point here, but WHY is Izals used at all? Is it by hospitals to stop misude of normal paper?

Izals a good option when you have visitors , can't be used for anything else ......

....yes it can, tracing paper. ;)

.....almost forgot, ideal for lining baking trays, good alternative to baking parchment, sometimes you have to overlap but the readymade creases make the job so much easier.

I will ask my young Romanian maid servant what she uses on mine. It does feel jolly nice. It must be from Waitrose.

Maybe I have missed the point here, but WHY is Izals used at all? Is it by hospitals to stop misude of normal paper?

I too genuinely wonder about this.

I have never seen any reason given.