House Price Crash Forum

The Bubbly Bitcoin Thread -- Merged Threads

HOLA441
1 minute ago, RodCrosby said:

$67k

[in the time it took me to take a dump!]

What are we all thinking by the end of the week? $100k? Sounds plausible at the rate the financial system is breaking down right now.

HOLA442
On 2/28/2024 at 7:24 PM, warpig said:

It's likely to have a 30% pullback around the top IMHO. This would be normal and nothing to worry about per se. Traders will take profits at the previous top.

I think a lot of people who bought near the last top would have sold for a loss in the amount of time that's elapsed. Not saying there won't be a pullback at some point though.... there will.

HOLA443
1 hour ago, smuf-ww said:

What are we all thinking by the end of the week? $100k? Sounds plausible at the rate the financial system is breaking down right now.

Anything is possible, is it probable? Probably not but I will be very pleased to be wrong.

HOLA444
HOLA445
2 hours ago, smuf-ww said:

I think a lot of people who bought near the last top would have sold for a loss in the amount of time that's elapsed. Not saying there won't be a pullback at some point though.... there will.

You're describing retail investors I think. The price action still follows support/resistance/fib on the chart, so I would say the price is largely controlled by traders, but time will tell.

HOLA446
On 02/03/2024 at 18:58, markyh said:

No-coiner view. Really.   You literally had a 90% chance to at least quadruple you money had you bought any time you wished from 2009 to December 2022.  

If you DCA'd in Monthly for any start point, and hodled, your profits are almost guaranteed. 

I have crypto.

Does not stop me from pointing out you are talking ******.

HOLA447
3 hours ago, Grayphil said:

I'ts been a wild ride for the last couple of years.

I bought 50% of my Crypto investment in Bitcoin, and the rest spread between the 7 next popular.

Up 60% on Bitcoin now, and the rest an average of 30% up on each.

But this has been such a breakneck speed over the past month, that I'm honestly shocked.

I'm only down on XRP, and even that has some potential.

But it's definitely been a journey, where my investment dropped initially by a few thousand, very quickly and I was feeling very silly at one point.

But not today!

Hopefully one learning point being don’t bother with the alts!

There has been a lot of rubbish on HPC but before I log off for good I’d like to thank @jiltedjenand @markyhfor their encouragement to look into BTC, which has certainly helped me.  Thank you.

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
1 hour ago, scottbeard said:

There has been a lot of rubbish on HPC but before I log off for good I’d like to thank @jiltedjenand @markyhfor their encouragement to look into BTC, which has certainly helped me.  Thank you.

I should normally agree with this, but My partner bought the alts 3/4 months later to me, she avoided Bitcoin completely.

She didn't put huge amounts in, but she is (3 minuted ago) 423% up on her investments 18 months ago.

She just picked a better time that me.

All of this was of course complete chance.. but lots of money can still be made with the Alts.

HOLA4412
1 hour ago, btd1981 said:

It's like watching somebody inflating a balloon past the point you'd want them to stop!

Yerrrr just having the conversation, how much do we want to leave In?

It's party time, but also, need to be sensible I guess.

HOLA4413
48 minutes ago, scottbeard said:

It’s off topic but I’d also like to thank @Riedquat @Bruce Banner @Flat Bear in particular for changing the way I think about progress, the Conservative Party and long term economic forecasting too.  Roses amongst the thorns on HPC. 

Why are you leaving? I like your posts (on other threads not just this one)

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
59 minutes ago, scottbeard said:

Your Welcome. The price is now above what i sold 2 of my BTC for in 2021 in my $500k Crypto disposal.  So i can't say, "Never Sell"  anymore. 

But i can say, do like i did, set a fixed tangible goal to sell 50% of your Crypto reaches a $$$ / £££ Fiat level that you can achieve a personal milestone, like clearing a £290k mortgage. 

So i have no regrets for my 2021 actions. I Hodled on with my remaining 50% stash, plus my SIPP Crypto investments (i can now get at if i wish anytime), lost high six figures paper gains, and it's all coming back now.  Happy days. 

Just dont dump 100% , unless it's worth £££ Millions at that point and that is still a large amount of Money.  

I personally want to at least get to the 2029 Bitcoin bull run before i cash out anymore, but if we get to $250k this time round i might sell enough to clear my outstanding Tesla Finance.   

HOLA4416
16 minutes ago, Bear Necessities said:

I believe it's due to the dickhead/good-people ratio on this site being what it is.

It is a microcosm of the wider internet unfortunately. Even on Faecebook people who know and are even friends with their target audience can become total Richards to others eventually.

HOLA4417
1 hour ago, scottbeard said:

I'm surprised @markyh didn't encourage you to get into Hex. 

HOLA4418
39 minutes ago, btd1981 said:

It is a microcosm of the wider internet unfortunately. Even on Faecebook people who know and are even friends with their target audience can become total Richards to others eventually.

Yes I think there is something about only seeing people as words on a screen that often causes people to act like richards to people they would be polite to in real life.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
12 minutes ago, Bear Necessities said:

When do people think we will get a nice dip so that I can by some more?

Maybe never, if we reach an ATH prior to the halvening (that's not supposed to happen!)

Otherwise, usually just after the halvening.

Edited by RodCrosby

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425
9 hours ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

I'm surprised @markyh didn't encourage you to get into Hex. 

funny enough i had an HEX unstake on Sunday and sold my "interest" earned for £900.  then restaked the balance again for another 90 days.