HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
2 hours ago, Si1 said:

It usually does this on the regional fora when prices are falling. Same deal on the main forum, no news is good news?

Anonguest stole my thunder with his/her 'calm before the storm' comment. (excuse the weather pun)

To give greater detail, there are A LOT of conflicting opinions/schools of thought on this forum at the moment. Take Hammond - will he be here or not, same for Carney. Is TM spouting ****** or does she really believe in this on-nation-toryism? Will she take back control of IR (or at least instal someone else)? What's the real effect of Brexit on HPI/HPC? What's a falling pound to overseas investors - a catastrophe or yet another opportunity? Is the ripple effect coming to an end or in full swing? 

Adam Curtis would call it 'Oh Dearism' wouldn't he?

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
7 hours ago, SpectrumFX said:

Yes. It's the upgrade. I almost always access the forum on my phone. I used to be able to dash off a post in moments. Now half the time it cocks up. Then when it cocks up I get whatever I was quoting stuck in the quote box. When things are more difficult I do them less.

I think using "cocks up" twice in a single post is err.....

Were you flicking between Grindr and hoc while posting on the train?

Subconscious association?

HOLA4415
6 hours ago, Maynardgravy said:

Anonguest stole my thunder with his/her 'calm before the storm' comment. (excuse the weather pun)

To give greater detail, there are A LOT of conflicting opinions/schools of thought on this forum at the moment. Take Hammond - will he be here or not, same for Carney. Is TM spouting ****** or does she really believe in this on-nation-toryism? Will she take back control of IR (or at least instal someone else)? What's the real effect of Brexit on HPI/HPC? What's a falling pound to overseas investors - a catastrophe or yet another opportunity? Is the ripple effect coming to an end or in full swing? 

Adam Curtis would call it 'Oh Dearism' wouldn't he?

She wants him gone now he stood up to her in public.

He'll be gone in six months.

HOLA4416

I used to spend 1+ hours a day on this site. Since the upgrade it's unusable on mobile and I now take <15 minutes a week. Luckily, it feels like this is not uncommon thus there is much less content to peruse. 

Deliberate ploy by the powers that be to reduce hpc sentiment? Conspiracy to make it unusable? A little like having a blazing pool of petrol in speakers corner?

HOLA4417
7 minutes ago, hp72 said:

I used to spend 1+ hours a day on this site. Since the upgrade it's unusable on mobile and I now take <15 minutes a week. Luckily, it feels like this is not uncommon thus there is much less content to peruse. 

Deliberate ploy by the powers that be to reduce hpc sentiment? Conspiracy to make it unusable? A little like having a blazing pool of petrol in speakers corner?

It's not just here on HPC they're asking where the bears have gone.

Also I like the forum upgrade, and noticed weekly improvements with optimisation, but haven't yet used it on anything but a desktop.  Unlikely.  They want more visitors and banner clicks/purchases.  Got forum licensing fees to pay in US $ as well (probably).  Just have to wait for the market turn imo.

HOLA4418

I'm a bit worn out of HPC (the concept not the site!). All the excitement of anti BTL sentiment in mainstream media led to a flurry of tweets and posts, but the monthly stats still show mad MoM and YoY gains. Once the Halifax/ nationwide/ gov stats catch up and show annual drops then it'll be full steam ahead.

So yes, calm before the storm. 

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
3 minutes ago, fleabittenmoggie said:

I used to read the forum in an app call IPB but that stopped working with the upgrade. 

The forum software also used to remember the point I had read up to in existing threads. It doesn't do that now, so it's become really impractical to keep up with threads. 

Click the dot next to the title link. Should be reversed so clicking the title goes to last unread post.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
4 hours ago, SurgeonGeneral said:

I think using "cocks up" twice in a single post is err.....

Were you flicking between Grindr and hoc while posting on the train?

Subconscious association?

My apologies for the fowl language. In the dim light of my Toc H lamp I could not locate my thesaurus.

HOLA4425
1 hour ago, jiltedjen said:

Stock markets still bumping around highs. so are houses. 

the BTL rules will produce a HPC but we won't see the effect of that for another 6 months at least. 

autumn statement may generate some comments.

not much else happening. 

Yep except for the autumn statement there is little to comment upon - bar busta and today's money making tax avoidance scheme.

Its also the hour before dawn. Everything is in place S24, Basel 3 etc its now just a matter of time...