House Price Crash Forum

The Tories are going to get annihilated

HOLA441

Cannot see how they are not finished after the next election.

Never seen the nation collectively hate a party with this much conviction and uniformity in my lifetime.

It's going to be an absolute bloodbath for them. 

Even home owners hate them.

Have seen in many comment threads on Reddit, X and even mainstream online newspapers of people saying how the Tories have destroyed the country.

Comments like:

"I'm a home owner but I hate what the Tories have done to this country. My grandchildren will never be able to afford a house" etc.

At a minimum they are not going to get back into power for at least the next 2 elections so way over a generation. They could even face total wipe out.

It's not just house prices people are angry about. It's the immigration, the train service, NHS, water and sewage problems, inflation and high energy bills etc.

Check out the comments on Martin Lewis' recent post on X about the shocking train service from London to Sheffield:

How about the shambles of HS2 to boot? Cladding scandal? Or even the cabinet reshuffles? There's even talk of someone else now taking over the leadership. Liz Truss? Farage?

Clown show. 

To me to you to me. No to you. To me.

Then we have the recent army/navy fiasco and the failings there.

Shakespeare could not have written a better comedy.

How about the potholes too?

Councils going bankrupt? Didn't they cut funding a decade ago?

How about the closure of the giant gas storage facility so we have to buy gas on the spot market as opposed to using reserves if prices rise like if a war breaks out in a country that is a major gas exporter?

https://archive.ph/8Y28Q

What else can you add to this never ending list of things that show how far down the drain Britain has gone?

They have got no chance. It's beyond a joke now isn't it?

The nation sees right through them and realises how corrupt, incompetent and irresponsible the Tories are.

You have to be a complete moron to not see this.

The self interest and lack of observance as to how many people are suffering and the shocking state of the country as a whole is almost comical. 

Are they really so out of touch they don;t see this?

I honestly cannot wait for the election and I have never watched one live before as it does not interest me.

But for this one I have stocked up on popcorn.

Edited by The Angry Capitalist

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

We can all see the mass hatred for them… but you cant rule out a hung parliament because they are so corrupt, the media are so influential, and they will promise the earth on the run up to the election.

- Tax cuts

- Free childcare

- Child benefit reform 

- unleash an almighty smear campaign on Labour

The amount of people that minimise the damage the Tories have done by saying “they are both as bad as one another” is staggering.

A Labour UK government doesn’t bode well for Scottish independence, but for god sake even I’m now desperate to see what Starmer and co have to offer. 

I just fear how gullible and corruptible the electorate are…

HOLA443
35 minutes ago, Pmax2020 said:

We can all see the mass hatred for them… but you cant rule out a hung parliament because they are so corrupt, the media are so influential, and they will promise the earth on the run up to the election.

- Tax cuts

- Free childcare

- Child benefit reform 

- unleash an almighty smear campaign on Labour

The amount of people that minimise the damage the Tories have done by saying “they are both as bad as one another” is staggering.

A Labour UK government doesn’t bode well for Scottish independence, but for god sake even I’m now desperate to see what Starmer and co have to offer. 

I just fear how gullible and corruptible the electorate are…

I think people are so fed up nothing will work.

The economy cannot be turned around in a few months and it is very likely things will get even worse before the election is held.

The only thing I can see working is appointing Farage as the leader and have him run with Sunak out of the way.

However, I don't think Farage is popular enough for this to get enough votes but I think that is the only option they have of any hope of winning.

Assuming the impossible does happen and the Tories win with Farage as the next PM the Tories will get rid of him and install a replacement after a smear campaign against Farage to have him ousted.

They would most likely replace him with an WEF puppet but I just cannot see the Tories winning regardless of who the leader is.

HOLA444

I’m no fan of the Tory party but also no fan of partisan lobbying.  Is this written from an academic standpoint or to undermine conservative support for political gain?

Almost all humans relentless pursue their own interests rather than natural justice.  It’s annoying & exhausting.

My son & his wife are planning to set up home in a small town in Northern California surrounded by wilderness that is easy going politically (well for America) but with enough infrastructure - shops, gyms, hospitals etc.

Its far away from the bun fights in San Francisco, & very far from the violence in Texas, anger & despair of the the central states or paranoia of the east coast.

Intend to work hybrid partly remote IT, partly timber /agriculture, partly art production & sale.  Won’t be watching the news much. Social media for business & immediate family & friends only.

Essentially live a fulfilling life, semi detached from the grid & leave the rest of humanity to sort their own problems out.

HOLA445

what worries me is: historically in countries with struggling populations there initially there is a battle between the right and the left. 

but the hateful right generally always wins. It’s human nature. we are the humans survivors of millions of years of the nastiest self interested people surviving. 

much easier to preach hate and blame and anger to stupid people, than to preach community and togetherness and social responsibility.

what we need is a sensible left, and a return to social responsibility and drastic reimplementation of the social contract, that each generation should make life better for the next. 

but instead it’s easier to blame poor people or brown people, and be very nasty indeed. We have an aging population, grumpy miserable old people are the norm for voting.

i think labour will win but it will be the last half sensible government we have, they will be broadly the same. the middle still pays for everything. 

the right will probably spend the next 5 years fighting between the lunatic oldies racist rabid right of ‘reform’ and a new faction of ‘new tories’ reinventing themselves for the new growing voter segment of those 20-45 themselves looking to correct ongoing injustices. 

Perhaps reform will try their luck taking control of the tories, just like corbyn tried his luck taking labour more left, and just like corbyn also fail. 

there will be a lot of convulsions, but basically, labour land slide first, then a battle royal between labour and racist reform tories for the following election, leading to a labour and Lib Dem coalition (very unpopular) 

then a landslide for the new tories, who probably will live on for three more elections (very very popular) 

I think the last of the boomers control was lost when boris was taken down, now due to age, I’m politics there are not enough oldies willing to implement oldies policies, it’s mostly gen-x now following their own self interest. 

HOLA446
8 minutes ago, hotblack42 said:

I’m no fan of the Tory party but also no fan of partisan lobbying.  Is this written from an academic standpoint or to undermine conservative support for political gain?

It's just an observance on what I am seeing and hearing.

Nothing more.

Based on what I see they have no chance. The sentiment is so anti-tory wherever I look it seems inevitable.

I could be wrong but from my standpoint the writing is on the wall.

HOLA447
5 minutes ago, jiltedjen said:

what worries me is: historically in countries with struggling populations there initially there is a battle between the right and the left. 

but the hateful right generally always wins. It’s human nature. we are the humans survivors of millions of years of the nastiest self interested people surviving. 

much easier to preach hate and blame and anger to stupid people, than to preach community and togetherness and social responsibility.

what we need is a sensible left, and a return to social responsibility and drastic reimplementation of the social contract, that each generation should make life better for the next. 

but instead it’s easier to blame poor people or brown people, and be very nasty indeed. We have an aging population, grumpy miserable old people are the norm for voting.

i think labour will win but it will be the last half sensible government we have, they will be broadly the same. the middle still pays for everything. 

the right will probably spend the next 5 years fighting between the lunatic oldies racist rabid right of ‘reform’ and a new faction of ‘new tories’ reinventing themselves for the new growing voter segment of those 20-45 themselves looking to correct ongoing injustices. 

Perhaps reform will try their luck taking control of the tories, just like corbyn tried his luck taking labour more left, and just like corbyn also fail. 

there will be a lot of convulsions, but basically, labour land slide first, then a battle royal between labour and racist reform tories for the following election, leading to a labour and Lib Dem coalition (very unpopular) 

then a landslide for the new tories, who probably will live on for three more elections (very very popular) 

I think the last of the boomers control was lost when boris was taken down, now due to age, I’m politics there are not enough oldies willing to implement oldies policies, it’s mostly gen-x now following their own self interest. 

Don't get me wrong. There is no other party that is going to do any better.

The whole political spectrum lacks any vision or talent or even any backbone.

Whatever party gets elected there will be little improvement and the likelihood is things will get much worse.

But the nation is going to vote for anyone but the Tories just out of spite due to the extent of the damage done to the country.

HOLA448

I think every generation has some kind of drastic change. 

certainly not coming in 5 years, maybe 10 years. 

the ratio of winners/losers, gets soo out of whack that its adjusts. 

although there was that damming paper on wealth equality and the only things that actually lead to that, tends to be war, plague etc, so fingers crossed I guess? 

HOLA449

Its time to kick out the Tories.

But Labour will be worse as they will be controlled by Blair or Militant Islam with their Sharia laws.

The worrying thing is that this is the only choice we have and it does not bode well for the future of the UK.

image.png.97dfe62a3a0cd0637c7754b93e824474.png 

HOLA4410
34 minutes ago, The Angry Capitalist said:

Whatever party gets elected there will be little improvement and the likelihood is things will get much worse.

But the nation is going to vote for anyone but the Tories just out of spite due to the extent of the damage done to the country.

.....is it because our political parties do not see themselves in control, outside powerful forces, and are fearful of the electerate that they work for?;)

HOLA4411
1 minute ago, FANG said:

Its time to kick out the Tories.

But Labour will be worse as they will be controlled by Blair or Militant Islam with their Sharia laws.

The worrying thing is that this is the only choice we have and it does not bode well for the future of the UK.

We do have a choice and that is to vote tactically against the Tories, which would spread the ex Tory vote around the other parties.

As for Blair, the Tories ran with his authoritarian policies when they came to power in 2010 and will continue to do so until they're kicked out.

HOLA4412
2 hours ago, The Angry Capitalist said:

Cannot see how they are not finished after the next election.

Never seen the nation collectively hate a party with this much conviction and uniformity in my lifetime.

It's going to be an absolute bloodbath for them. 

Even home owners hate them.

Have seen in many comment threads on Reddit, X and even mainstream online newspapers of people saying how the Tories have destroyed the country.

Comments like:

"I'm a home owner but I hate what the Tories have done to this country. My grandchildren will never be able to afford a house" etc.

At a minimum they are not going to get back into power for at least the next 2 elections so way over a generation. They could even face total wipe out.

It's not just house prices people are angry about. It's the immigration, the train service, NHS, water and sewage problems, inflation and high energy bills etc.

Check out the comments on Martin Lewis' recent post on X about the shocking train service from London to Sheffield:

How about the shambles of HS2 to boot? Cladding scandal? Or even the cabinet reshuffles? There's even talk of someone else now taking over the leadership. Liz Truss? Farage?

Clown show. 

To me to you to me. No to you. To me.

Then we have the recent army/navy fiasco and the failings there.

Shakespeare could not have written a better comedy.

How about the potholes too?

Councils going bankrupt? Didn't they cut funding a decade ago?

How about the closure of the giant gas storage facility so we have to buy gas on the spot market as opposed to using reserves if prices rise like if a war breaks out in a country that is a major gas exporter?

https://archive.ph/8Y28Q

What else can you add to this never ending list of things that show how far down the drain Britain has gone?

They have got no chance. It's beyond a joke now isn't it?

The nation sees right through them and realises how corrupt, incompetent and irresponsible the Tories are.

You have to be a complete moron to not see this.

The self interest and lack of observance as to how many people are suffering and the shocking state of the country as a whole is almost comical. 

Are they really so out of touch they don;t see this?

I honestly cannot wait for the election and I have never watched one live before as it does not interest me.

But for this one I have stocked up on popcorn.

The present government has lost its popularity because for the first time it is losing voters both on its left wing to Labour and on its right to Reform. The Tories have been the victim of several issues which they cannot do much about, unless they really become radical, and the Blob has not let them.

Mass immigration cannot be stopped without a massive cut in the welfare state, a cut in the handing out of free stuff, an increase in labour market participation, and withdrawal from the ECHR.

The economy will not get moving until work incentives are restored through lower taxation, and investment in things which will make the whole economy work better, like new roads. Not HS2.

The simple fact is that the UK economy does not generate enough profit to pay all the freebies and goodies which people have come to expect.Moving to net zero is making the UK economy even less profitable.

It is unreasonable to expect a perfect train service to Sheffield, if you decide to travel on a day when the East Coast Mainline is closed because of engineering works, and everyone else has the same idea of going from St Pancras instead.

PS Labour will be worse for all the above reasons.

Edited by onlooker

HOLA4413
11 minutes ago, Bruce Banner said:

We do have a choice and that is to vote tactically against the Tories, which would spread the ex Tory vote around the other parties.

As for Blair, the Tories ran with his authoritarian policies when they came to power in 2010 and will continue to do so until they're kicked out.

And when Labour form the new Government they will continue under Blairs leadership with Islamic influence.  

So Its only gonna get worse in this country.  

image.png.89f868632d27fd0e7ffe49183d4125f5.png

Edited by FANG

HOLA4414
4 minutes ago, FANG said:

And when Labour form the new Government they will continue under Blairs leadership with Islamic influence.  

Given a straight choice between Sunak and Starmer I'd go for Starmer, without a shadow of a doubt, but tactical voting against the Tories would give us a chance of having something different... and a chance of re-joining the EU.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
1 hour ago, The Angry Capitalist said:

I think people are so fed up nothing will work.

The economy cannot be turned around in a few months and it is very likely things will get even worse before the election is held.

The only thing I can see working is appointing Farage as the leader and have him run with Sunak out of the way.

However, I don't think Farage is popular enough for this to get enough votes but I think that is the only option they have of any hope of winning.

Assuming the impossible does happen and the Tories win with Farage as the next PM the Tories will get rid of him and install a replacement after a smear campaign against Farage to have him ousted.

They would most likely replace him with an WEF puppet but I just cannot see the Tories winning regardless of who the leader is.

I’m not sure why Farage is is even considering hitching his trailer to the Tory party, he is usually pretty good a reading the political undercurrent of the country and latching on to that - if he associates with the Tories he will just drag himself down rather than lift them up - that is how toxic they now are.

HOLA4417

As a Telegraph subscriber I can vouch for the fact that the Tories are hated more there than anywhere else, so yes, they are finished. The comments section is filled with visceral hatred for Sunak, Cameron, Hunt and the other soft left Lib Dem types that infested the party under Cameron. They completely betrayed their base, and those who have gone to Reform won’t come back…fool me once bla bla bla. Those who voted Brexit are prepared to stomach 5 years of Labour insanity to see the centre right undergo a transformation to make it electable. 

The obvious problem with this strategy is that Starmer by introducing 16 year old voting and voting for EU citizens who are UK residents will create a forever left wing state, that will be increasingly dominated by a growing Muslim population.

This country is absolutely ****ed. If Starmer wins, there will be no going back. Reform is the only hope, but unless people wake up quickly, they have no chance.

I’m starting to disengage with the whole thing here as I will be moving to New Zealand which has swung to a libertarian centre right way of thinking after Ardern’s toxic leftist authoritarian state. Their electoral system is much better than ours and is not dominated by two equally unelectable parties. 

If Labour or the Tories win I really do give up on this country. A hung Parliament with Reform and the Lib Dems holding the balance of power may salvage the situation.

HOLA4418
22 minutes ago, FANG said:

image.png.89f868632d27fd0e7ffe49183d4125f5.png

Yep. 5 years of Labour will be the end, no going back. By 2031 Muslims will be about 10% of the population, by 2100 over 50%. Long before that our children and grandchildren will be forced to fight or submit. From Blair onwards our leaders have betrayed the people of this nation. Cameron, Johnson and Sunak accelerated it, and Starmer will inject steroids.

HOLA4419

Quite. Politically it feels a bit a bit 1997ish, but the country (especially the economy) broadly worked back then so Nulab had a honeymoon.  They won't get any this time.

HOLA4420

It's just an observance on what I am seeing and hearing.

Nothing more.

Based on what I see they have no chance. The sentiment is so anti-tory wherever I look it seems inevitable.

I could be wrong but from my standpoint the writing is on the wall.

I remember after the last election a few of my left wing friends proclaiming that they were shocked that corbyn didn’t win. How could they have been so blinkered to the feelings of the nation. They thought Boris was going to get hammered. It was pointed out that their twitter feed of guardian reading academics wasn’t at all representative of the wider populous. 

I think that labour are likely odds on to win, but I don’t think it’s going to be a wipeout. I also don’t think it hugely matters - what’s really going to change if they get in? It’s like when Biden won and everything was supposed to be roses. Give me a break, if anything America is worse now than it ever was under trump, whatever you think of him as a person. Politicians need to sow hatred and division so they can sell their solutions, or rather the wishes of the money men behind them all. Left or right, they’re all the same. Reckon labour will bring about the house price crash you yearn for? 

HOLA4421
44 minutes ago, LetsBuild said:

I’m not sure why Farage is is even considering hitching his trailer to the Tory party, he is usually pretty good a reading the political undercurrent of the country and latching on to that - if he associates with the Tories he will just drag himself down rather than lift them up - that is how toxic they now are.

European union yes. European government no. The EU needed to pull back in areas that should be subject to democratic processes. Their strong arm tactics with Ireland and France should be seen as a red flag.

We have a useless government in the UK but we can get them out. 

HOLA4422
39 minutes ago, nightowl said:

Quite. Politically it feels a bit a bit 1997ish, but the country (especially the economy) broadly worked back then so Nulab had a honeymoon.  They won't get any this time.

+1 in 1997 the Tories left a functioning economy, with £6billion a year public borrowing. Broon changed that to 100billion and the current lot have increased it too. When they stop being able to borrow (or print) the SWHTF...

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
55 minutes ago, LetsBuild said:

There is no love lost between Farage and most of the current Conservative MPs. He will have nothing to do with the Tories this side of the election. However, I am sure he knows the Conservative Party has money, influence and organization to a much greater extent than Reform. So he thinks that after the election there may be chance of realignment on the riight with Reform being able to take over the Tory Party. It will not be easy because I think Cameron et al parachuted their LibDems into the safer seats, and current MPs who might be more sympathetic to Reform are likely to be decimated.

HOLA4425
1 hour ago, HovelinHove said:

Yep. 5 years of Labour will be the end, no going back. By 2031 Muslims will be about 10% of the population, by 2100 over 50%. Long before that our children and grandchildren will be forced to fight or submit. From Blair onwards our leaders have betrayed the people of this nation. Cameron, Johnson and Sunak accelerated it, and Starmer will inject steroids.

But muslims are typically sober, hard-working, god-fearing and family-oriented. On the face of it, a perfect match for traditional Conservatism.