House Price Crash Forum

waspi women

HOLA441
8 minutes ago, Si1 said:

I wanted to disagree with you but those posts are indeed misogynistic to varying degrees. I hope they don't represent the general case but I could be corrected.

Men no longer own women......sometimes women have risen above men, a few men don't like it......most men do because they benefit from it.;)

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
54 minutes ago, winkie said:

Men no longer own women......sometimes women have risen above men, a few men don't like it......most men do because they benefit from it.;)

I don't really know what you mean by that. Many of my parents generation were well off enough that a lot of women/mothers didn’t need to work. I can appreciate how for a woman that could feel as though they were being controlled, or that they were indebted to their husbands… but I’m not sure the men saw that as being a means of control. 

Every couple I know nowadays comprises of two individuals that both work and contribute to affording the lives they share together. I don’t see any of my male friends complaining when their wives rise above them on the career ladder - quite the opposite. The pals I have with successful wives could not be happier for them. 

HOLA443
15 minutes ago, Pmax2020 said:

I don't really know what you mean by that. Many of my parents generation were well off enough that a lot of women/mothers didn’t need to work. I can appreciate how for a woman that could feel as though they were being controlled, or that they were indebted to their husbands… but I’m not sure the men saw that as being a means of control. 

Every couple I know nowadays comprises of two individuals that both work and contribute to affording the lives they share together. I don’t see any of my male friends complaining when their wives rise above them on the career ladder - quite the opposite. The pals I have with successful wives could not be happier for them. 

Traditionally a woman was owned by her father and given away to her husband, she was to obey and honour him...... times have changed, so have the words......a mother could not give her daughter away even if the daughter didn't  have a father.;)

HOLA444
4 hours ago, Pmax2020 said:

It’s a pretty acrid, unpleasant and hostile forum, but I think misogyny is way, way down the list of its misdemeanours…

I think the point is that even un-misogynistic posters can't see the misogyny. Read the posts below yours pointing it out.

HOLA445

Kind of funny, a bunch of weak beta "males" talking about misogyny!

It may be hard to believe, but just because one doesn't prostrate themself before entitled women, doesn't mean they hate all women...

HOLA446
5 hours ago, Si1 said:

I struggle to see how this forum is especially misogynistic too, there's some certainly, but in a forum full of blokes you'll statistically get a bit. I don't see how the WASPI issue is an attack explicitly on women either, it just so happens the subjects of the complaint are women but their gender rights etc aren't under scrutiny here so can't see why it's misogyny. 

I think it is a minority that are misogunistic. But it only takes a few and that being tolorated for that to be unpleasant.

If only one in five give you nationalistic abuse on holiday, you are unlikely to think of it as mainly welcoming.

HOLA447
1 hour ago, Lagarde's Drift said:

I think the point is that even un-misogynistic posters can't see the misogyny. Read the posts below yours pointing it out.

I don’t see posts #2 and #3 as misogyny, I see it as puerile sexism, which obviously isn’t much better or excusable. 

Every day there are numerous prejudicial, antagonistic, and downright hateful posts on these boards. I think misogyny is the least of this places worries… and calling it out, along with all the other infractions, would be a full time job. 

HOLA448
2 hours ago, nero120 said:

Kind of funny, a bunch of weak beta "males" talking about misogyny!

It may be hard to believe, but just because one doesn't prostrate themself before entitled women, doesn't mean they hate all women...

House!

Well done for a nice short post. 

HOLA449
1 minute ago, Pmax2020 said:

I don’t see posts #2 and #3 as misogyny, I see it as puerile sexism, which obviously isn’t much better or excusable. 

Every day there are numerous prejudicial, antagonistic, and downright hateful posts on these boards. I think misogyny is the least of this places worries… and calling it out, along with all the other infractions, would be a full time job. 

Puerile sexism - from grown adults.

Interesting circle to square.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
11 hours ago, quine said:

I don't visit here often anymore but when I come across threads like this I know why.  Full of misogyny and most of them are talking about a subject that doesn't affect them and they know very little about.

Think you will find, paying funds out of public money, affects everyone.

I know little about this matter, other than the claim is these people expected to retire at 60, did so, now they want compensation?

From the news articles, however badly wrote, seems to imply there are those who are campaigning to be compensated for

1. Not being well or properly informed.

2. The money they would have been paid in pension payments from age 60

3. The money they would have earned in employment from 60 to the new retirement age

The ombudsman is saying, yes, compensate for the failure to communicate on point 1., how do these people expect to be compensated for not getting the pension payments and or compensated for work not done is a bit weird, can't see them winning those claims in any circumstances.

Surely points 2 and 3 become compleatly clear as soon as the claim for pension is made(a few months before) before the age of retirement says the entitlement is not due, you don't leave employment and make appropriate plans.

On a case by case basis its hard to know, but it would seem the large number of the complainants sat on their arses and took little actions at the time to mitigate the circumstances they found themselves in.

Edited by HowMuch!
spelling, can't spell

HOLA4412
23 minutes ago, Nick Cash said:

Puerile sexism - from grown adults.

Interesting circle to square.

Yep.

“Where are their husbands” doesn’t constitute an extreme hatred or prejudice towards women in my book. 

It’s puerile sexism. 

HOLA4413
9 minutes ago, HowMuch! said:

Think you will find, paying funds out of public money, affects everyone.

I know little about this matter, other than the claim is these people expected to retire at 60, did so, now they want compensation?

From the news articles, however badly wrote, seems to imply there are those who are campaigning to be compensated for

1. Not being well or properly informed.

2. The money they would have been paid in pension payments from age 60

3. The money they would have earned in employment from 60 to the new retirement age

The ombudsman is saying, yes, compensate for the failure to communicate on point 1., how do these people expect to be compensated for not getting the pension payments and or compensated for work not done is a bit weird, can't see them winning those claims in any circumstances.

Surely points 2 and 3 become compleatly clear as soon as the claim for pension is made(a few months before) before the age of retirement says the entitlement is not due, you don't leave employment and make appropriate plans.

On a case by case basis its hard to know, but it would seem the large number of the complainants sat on their arses and took little actions at the time to mitigate the circumstances they found themselves in.

Which is why the compensation offered is low. They were told. If they watched the budget announcement in 199? (Whenever). But if they didn’t? How would they know? I’m sure many ignored the news as unpalatable that’s what some humans do.

I think it’s important to remember most women affected would have had low paid jobs, or had never worked. Was this the first time there had been a change in the retirement age? Are we learning from our mistakes?

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
6 hours ago, nero120 said:

Appeals from the disenfranchised young are only now being printed by the right wing press, now it's too late. What an absolutely awful govt this lot have turned out to be. They had no plan, no vision, no moral compass. Just power.

HOLA4420

The army of white knights arrived to the board I see. 

In short the waspi women are essentially an entitled group of women who seemed to spend more time whinging about their shortfalls than simply getting off their ar$e and making up that shortfall.

They've then used such time to justify it all via an endless list of excuses. 

"I wasn't informed as I sat on my ar$e in pretend blind ignorance"

or

"my short-sighted world view post divorce caught up with me, wasn't my fault guv" 

Anything except to go to work. Before all the usual suspects arrive screaming misogyny none of the women in my immediate circle have this problem because they're not lazy. My mothers still working and blew past her required contribution years back.  

I doubt anyone held a gun to these women's heads and demanded they do not work throughout their stepford wives stint, yet now bang on about some lame excuse of how they sacrificed their pensions at the behest of their ex husbands. 

More fool them. 

HOLA4421
1 minute ago, Casual-observer said:

In short the waspi women are essentially an entitled group of women who seemed to spend more time whinging about their shortfalls than simply getting off their ar$e and making up that shortfall.

or

"my short-sighted world view post divorce caught up with me, wasn't my fault guv" 

Anything except to go to work. Before all the usual suspects arrive screaming misogyny none of the women in my immediate circle have this problem because they're not lazy. My mothers still working and blew past her required contribution years back.  

I doubt anyone held a gun to these women's heads and demanded they do not work throughout their stepford wives stint, yet now bang on about some lame excuse of how they sacrificed their pensions at the behest of their ex husbands. 

More fool them. 

Now say what you really think 😂

(in full agreement btw)

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
On 22/03/2024 at 10:47, scottbeard said:

Devil's advocat mode here:

Is it an acceptable situation to say that TV News and Newspapers is the appropriate way to communicate a key state benefit entitlement, as opposed to, say, individual letters to impacted individuals?

I don't think it's clear cut to say "people should just watch TV and plan major life-changing financial decisions around what's said on the 6 o clock news".

As I said, I think there is a point there.

This is part of the wider misunderstanding that people have about unfunded DB pensions.  Some people still mis-visualise their DB pension as a pot of money that is just sat out there with their name on it.

So in Karen's mind there was a pot of £47,000 ready to pay here from age 60-64, then someone came and took that pot away and did something with it.

There is a big, big need for more financial education in this country about how things like banks, loans, mortgages, pensions etc actually work.  

Yes it is.

I dont know if theres some UKGIV framework/tickbox but any change in tax or benefits tends to have a at elast 6months of constant ads on the commercial radio stations and newspapers.

Seen this with TCs- Have you checked your tax credits?

S24 - LL amensty campaigns to cough up n confess.

And even pension, which are pretty much every year - Have you checked you state pension entitlements?

This is from 2018 - 

In terms of WASPI wimmin, I was working with a lot of 40+ wimmin when they announced the change.

They knew as some were whinging.

It wasnt like it was a sudden 60 -> 65 bam! change. It was staged.

Where there was an issue was moving from 65 -> 67 in 2010. But blokes had exactly the same

HOLA4424
HOLA4425
On 27/03/2024 at 12:13, Casual-observer said:

or

More fool them. 

I agree too. My second wife is a millions miles from my first on this. The feminist message got garbled. For my first wife it was not only did she not have to raise the children she did not need to work either. My second wife raised two amazing kids and held down a well paid job at the same time. How can two so dissimilar women claim to get inspiration from feminism?