House Price Crash Forum

Grant Shapps to send UK troops to Ukraine

shlomo

HOLA441
55 minutes ago, Lord D'arcy Pew said:

Corruption leads to more corruption, as only the corrupt can do business. Both the Republicans and the Democrats have been doing business.

I approve of your cynicism - but I think you misinterpreted me.  Obviously, politicians want to accrue wealth... and many have dubious ethics. What's unclear to me is who is agreeing to pay for what and why.  I've no doubt there are many corrupt people and organizations... but it's not clear who they all are... specifically... all those who are paying the politicians.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLA442
HOLA443
41 minutes ago, shlomo said:

The British Expeditionary Force (BEF) was the contingent of the British Army sent to Ukraine in 2023 after Britain and France declared war on Russia on 3 September, beginning the Third World War

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Expeditionary_Force_(World_War_II)

My Grandfather was in the BEF in 1914 around Mons. and got captured by the Germans.

My understanding is that the British Army were in no way a match for the Germans as I understand it back then the army was much much smaller than ther German army it was a police action army ready to be dispatched around the empire to quell any trouble...obviously this was pre conscription...

So my conclusion is it can only have been with the aid of the french that must have held the Germans back before conscription kicked in and the stalemate of the next 4 years madness set in in the trenches..

Because   the British Army was I believe much much less in number than the Kaisers hundreds  of thousands i think 700k at that point before they fully mobilised into the millions (and we followed suit) wasn't ever going to work.

both sides mobilised very very fast weeks/months i believe...not sure that's possible today at all....and as someone else pointed out there are not enough prisons to hold all those who would say NO THANKS

Edited by staintunerider

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
10 hours ago, Up the spout said:

Very good news. We won't be 'at war with ruZZia' but we'll have more troops there helping with logistics, training, planning, investigating ongoing war crimes, keeping supply lines open, and morale. In a war of attrition any extra support is extremely effective, for the defenders but also against the invaders - especially when they mostly don't want to be there and have no true objective either. Slava Ukraine.

I agree. We would certainly look for support if the UK was invaded. Lack of resolve by many has been the primary reason behind Putin's non stop invasions. Full on support for Ukraine will be the most effective way to stop the killing.

HOLA448
18 minutes ago, 70PC said:

I agree. We would certainly look for support if the UK was invaded. Lack of resolve by many has been the primary reason behind Putin's non stop invasions. Full on support for Ukraine will be the most effective way to stop the killing.

The only country that can invade the UK is France and they did that in 1066, France could probably invade Niger but they are not the power they once were 

HOLA449
HOLA4410
4 hours ago, Gbob said:

I think this could be coming to an end. The US just left out additional Ukraine aid from a measure to keep the government running until Nov. 17. Omitting $6 billion of aid to Ukraine, roughly a third of what has been requested by the White House. Both the House and Senate voted in favour of the measure. 

Perhaps they are realising tax payers don't want their hard earnt dollars funding a never ending meat grinder of human lives.

No quite, it means it's been decided the burden to prop this war up is falling further onto Europe's shoulders. 

There's no practical reason why it its better to transfer training facilities away from safe territory into territory where it's open to be targeted, it's a bullsh1t cover story from Schapps. 

This is basically a rehash of the "We're sending a token gesture of challengers to Ukraine" story. 

It's essentially a PR ploy in a push to get Europe to commit troops to Ukraine....now that Ukrainian manpower it set to fall off a cliff this coming winter. There's clearly orders coming from above (Washington being one of them) not to hand Russia a win, so the door is now being opened to commit manpower to Ukraine. 

It'll be interesting to see if they think they can open up the door to conscription in the west to prop up a meat grinder in Ukraine. Sending armour is a lot more palatable than sending manpower so I expect electoral reality to have a reset in Europe now the doors trying to be opened. 

The loud mouth gobsh1tes on this forum I'm sure won't hesitate to go mind. 

Edited by Casual-observer

HOLA4411
5 minutes ago, NoHPCinTheUK said:

I have read the Americans aren’t sending more money to Kiev. 

Without the pressure form the US I fear the Europeans will soon retreat as well and Britain will be left alone fighting this war. 

You're out of your mind. Britain isn't going to war with Russia. They'd wipe the floor with us in a weekend!

And then there's the cost. The national debt is fast approaching £3 trillion. How would we pay for yet another national humiliation?

HOLA4412
12 hours ago, yodigo said:

Decoy for sure. We need to dig deeper to found from what.

Insane idea. And yes, when the hypersonic lands on them, then what? As for the "Navy"? What "Navy", 2 ships & 1 sub. Russians laughing like crazy.

While our schools, airports & roads crumble.

If Russia sinks NATO assets protecting humanitarian trade routes using hypersonic missiles then NATO will swiftly deny Russia its future use of hypersonic missiles. Hilarious suggestion 

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
1 hour ago, shlomo said:

The only country that can invade the UK is France and they did that in 1066, France could probably invade Niger but they are not the power they once were 

I think we need them to invade again just to improve the food lol

They are also not house price obsessives and I like that a lot!

As you say they came here once and technically they never left they blended with the Saxons over time

. I studied German and French and for an English speaker, French is really a doddle because  English well it's half french anyway. German is much harder for a modern English speaker even though Anglo Saxon was a Germanic language

If you went back in time to 1066 you couldnt even speak to King Harold and he'd think you were a crazy french spy because every second word you use comes from french...

Edited by staintunerider

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
1 hour ago, shlomo said:

That's not entirely accurate... You're forgetting "Italy": around 43AD - headed by Emperor Claudius using the "Roman" brand.

HOLA4417
1 hour ago, zugzwang said:

You're out of your mind. Britain isn't going to war with Russia. They'd wipe the floor with us in a weekend!

And then there's the cost. The national debt is fast approaching £3 trillion. How would we pay for yet another national humiliation?

Keep telling yourself that Mr China agent. Russia is stalemated in Ukraine and you think they have a chance against British forces? 

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
8 minutes ago, A.steve said:

That's not entirely accurate... You're forgetting "Italy": around 43AD - headed by Emperor Claudius using the "Roman" brand.

I thought the original idea came from Julius Caesar 

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
5 minutes ago, Maghull Mike said:

I am beginning to like Rishi, anyone who can disagree with Cruella and Grant in the same week cannot be that bad

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425