House Price Crash Forum

Is Water Rationing On the Horizon in the UK

FANG

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443

Water in England is a private profit making business......not a social service, they sell water in the supermarkets for profit, can collect free from the air in water butts, dig a cess pit, drill for it, water well........need some land for most of that, so water companies can say jump, we say how high.;)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/learningenglish/english/features/international_law_water/who_owns_water

HOLA444
HOLA445
5 minutes ago, winkie said:

Water in England is a private profit making business......not a social service, they sell water in the supermarkets for profit, can collect free from the air in water butts, dig a cess pit, drill for it, water well........need some land for most of that, so water companies can say jump, we say how high.;)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/learningenglish/english/features/international_law_water/who_owns_water

And we jump higher every year 

Edited by FANG

HOLA446
HOLA447
5 minutes ago, FANG said:

Increased consumption.

More swimming pools, more showers and longer showers and deeper baths........homes with more than one toilet and bathrooms, more flushes, more watering gardens and grass especially this week ......more water company waste and underground leaks?;)

HOLA448

59 minutes ago, FANG said:

WEF edict that water is not a Human right.

https://www.logicallyfacts.com/en/fact-check/false-no-the-wef-hasn-t-said-that-water-is-not-a-human-right-or-ordered-governments-to-ration-it

that is a very serious accusation, so I looked into it instead of taking things at face value that suit my confirmation bias.

Pls be aware online grifters don't have your best interests at heart. Just clicks and dollars.

HOLA449
2 minutes ago, winkie said:

More swimming pools, more showers and longer showers and deeper baths........homes with more than one toilet and bathrooms, more flushes, more watering gardens and grass especially this week ......more water company waste and underground leaks?;)

Yep the list goes on and don't forget the hundreds of car wash places.  

I wonder if Rishi Sunak has a metered water charge when filling his swimming pool or he just pays the annual charge.

Edited by FANG

HOLA4410
3 minutes ago, no_dependent4663 said:

https://www.logicallyfacts.com/en/fact-check/false-no-the-wef-hasn-t-said-that-water-is-not-a-human-right-or-ordered-governments-to-ration-it

that is a very serious accusation, so I looked into it instead of taking things at face value that suit my confirmation bias.

Pls be aware online grifters don't have your best interests at heart. Just clicks and dollars.

Only time will tell. 

HOLA4411
39 minutes ago, debtlessmanc said:

You missed out population growth from that list.

Don't worry his is being worked on right now.

Ladies and Gentlemen I precent to you the Haber–Bosch process.

This relies on natural gas and extracting nitrogen from the atmosphere. Cheap fertilisers are made from the ammonia created and is why the earth can support nearly 8 Billion soles.

Without access to cheap natural gas expect the population to be naturally adjusted.

Some will call it genocide, others will call it progress.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
8 minutes ago, Frankie Teardrop said:

Sewage stats suggest there are 75million people having dumps in the UK. Expect above inflation water bills for the forseeable future to pay for all those extra turds to be flushed away.

Expect inflation of absolutely everything.......inflation of debt and the cost of debt, inflation of poverty, inflation of unemployment and the inflation of those that will no longer be ready, willing or able to pay the bill....;)

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
2 hours ago, debtlessmanc said:

You missed out population growth from that list.

What....you mean all that immigration might...have an effect on infrastructure and resources? Well, that's quite the shock! I thought the UK was so tolerant that it could handle unlimited immigration while magically avoiding infrastructure and resource challenges.  Who knew the infrastructure and resources of the UK were so racist!

Edited by canbuywontbuy

HOLA4416
1 hour ago, Frankie Teardrop said:

Sewage stats suggest there are 75million people having dumps in the UK. Expect above inflation water bills for the forseeable future to pay for all those extra turds to be flushed away.

...well there was one mentioned way back in 2007 that put the population back then between 77M to 80M : https://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/comment/city-eye-facts-on-a-plate-our-population-is-at-least-77-million-5328454.html

HOLA4417
1 hour ago, Frankie Teardrop said:

Yep, it's the sewerage infrastructure which is at breaking point, not the water supply.

HOLA4418
3 hours ago, FANG said:

With Increased consumption, climate change, poor infrastructure and investment and the WEF edict that water is not a Human right.

Are we now likely to pay more for less again.   

The UK is at risk of running low on water. Why? (msn.com)

If Britain requires water rationing I think we can just stick a fork in us.

Hardly any other nation on Earth has such a blessing from nature of water.

It's about the only natural resource we have an abundance of.

But nothing would surprise me with how this country is run both politically, publicly and privately.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
13 minutes ago, Wurzel Of Highbridge said:

I think the main problem is that very few reservoirs have been built in the UK since the late 80's

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_reservoirs_in_the_United_Kingdom

The population has grown from 57 million to 67+ million in this time.

Just winding the country down......lack of investment and forward thinking, make as much money as can today, just do temporary fixes to get by short-term........let the future pay for the long-term needs, chances are will need more public money......too big to fail.;)

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
5 hours ago, Si1 said:

They just need a Supergrid to transfer water from the north and west to the south

They promised this in 1976 after the Drought which saw standpipes in the streets for some areas of the country. Then it rained so it got shelved. 

Then they promised it again in the early 90's when we had some very hot dry years. Then it rained so it got shelved.

I wonder if they will ever do it. 

HOLA4425