House Price Crash Forum

Covid - is there trouble ahead? New mutation and travel bans.

HOLA441
3 hours ago, Bob8 said:

A link to the orginal study:

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/laninf/article/PIIS1473-3099(22)00054-8/fulltext

It is reassuring. There headline is a touch OTT. There is still a danger to mRNA vaccines, but it is dwarfed in comparison to being unvaccinated in an epidemic, even specifically with regard to myocarditis and anaphylaxis.

Ordinarily, and certainly pre-Covid, I would automatically take their word for it.  But, alas, given how their credibility and trustworthiness as an organisation has gone down several notches in many peoples view over the past two years, then I can only say that I'll have a look at it/digest it as best I can.....and let other professionals critique it before giving it any sort of nod of approval/agreement.

• Replies 13k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLA442
HOLA443
1 hour ago, MARTINX9 said:

I notice Justin Trudeau wore a mask outside today to meet the 57 year old Latvian PM - but he didn't bother to wear one yesterday while meeting the Queen at Windsor castle indoors. And she is 95!

You couldn't make it up!

What are you saying?  I'll have you know that the best quacks have found Sars-Cov-2 and are waiting for the dictionary to update the definition of the word "isolate".

7 hours ago, vadst43 said:

Again 🤣

CDC 🤣

None so blind................

Well, back in January 2022 Three quarters of Covid vaccine jab side effects 'could be all in your head' you see!

The aforementioned CDC study appears to be based on VAERS, which, according to Bob8's sister is unreliable.......but it's reliable now!

Mind you I've argued the same, albeit that these systems under-report by a large margin. I already mentioned a long time ago that CDC Members Own More Than 50 Patents Connected to Vaccinations and that sponsors to the CDC foundation include most drug companies (also interestingly; McDonald's, Google, CNN/Time Warner, Coca Cola, a few banks etc.)

Edited by Arpeggio

HOLA444
45 minutes ago, MARTINX9 said:

I notice Justin Trudeau wore a mask outside today to meet the 57 year old Latvian PM - but he didn't bother to wear one yesterday while meeting the Queen at Windsor castle indoors. And she is 95!

You couldn't make it up!

Hang on. Brenda's just had Covid. She's the one who should have been wearing a mask!

HOLA445
1 hour ago, MARTINX9 said:

You couldn't make it up!

It's simple when you realise that "wearing a mask" is 40% science and 60% "virtue signalling".

But I know you already knew that. Just not the scientific percentages.

Edited by FallingAwake

HOLA446

Interesting if true. Only 35% of Ukrainians are jabbed apparently. Therefore at least 65% may have not got involved with the "Ministry of digital transformation"..........because big centralization that can be the equivalent of a large vulnerable artery of infrastructure is a great idea in crisis / war! none of which is some kind of agenda of course, like many other wars!

HOLA447
11 minutes ago, Arpeggio said:

Interesting if true. Only 35% of Ukrainians are jabbed apparently. Therefore at least 65% may have not got involved with the "Ministry of digital transformation"..........because big centralization that can be the equivalent of a large vulnerable artery of infrastructure is a great idea in crisis / war! none of which is some kind of agenda of course, like many other wars!

I did find it slightly odd that Ireland suddenly announced it was removing all Covid restrictions for international arrivals late last week - as I posted earlier. No more passenger locator forms - which were needed even for common travel area visitors from GB and the Channel Islands, no proof of vaccinations needed and no negative tests or proof of recent recovery either. Ireland at one time had some of the toughest restrictions of all - you couldn't even leave your own county for months even if you lived in a remote rural area close to a county border except to buy food etc and for medical treatment.

And then they announced they were accepting 100,000 Ukrainian refugees - who as you highlight would most likely be majority unvaccinated.

I applaud the Irish government's efforts and their change in policy - but its amazing how events in Ukraine have suddenly made all those apparently vital Covid rules and travel restrictions disappear overnight!  

Edited by MARTINX9

HOLA448
52 minutes ago, Arpeggio said:

What are you saying?  I'll have you know that the best quacks have found Sars-Cov-2 and are waiting for the dictionary to update the definition of the word "isolate".

Are you trying to say that Russians are "self isolating"?

HOLA449
2 hours ago, MARTINX9 said:

I did find it slightly odd that Ireland suddenly announced it was removing all Covid restrictions for international arrivals late last week - as I posted earlier. No more passenger locator forms - which were needed even for common travel area visitors from GB and the Channel Islands, no proof of vaccinations needed and no negative tests or proof of recent recovery either. Ireland at one time had some of the toughest restrictions of all - you couldn't even leave your own county for months even if you lived in a remote rural area close to a county border except to buy food etc and for medical treatment.

And then they announced they were accepting 100,000 Ukrainian refugees - who as you highlight would most likely be majority unvaccinated.

I applaud the Irish government's efforts and their change in policy - but its amazing how events in Ukraine have suddenly made all those apparently vital Covid rules and travel restrictions disappear overnight!  

Indeed. Maybe you are waking up a bit and your eyes might be opening a little? The brown colour you are seeing is a massive pile of bullsh*t. Follow the science, don't learn or question it, just follow it. 💩

2 hours ago, A.steve said:

Are you trying to say that Russians are "self isolating"?

Yes and No......but here's a theory I had before, that now seems to be transpiring;

The next plandemic will be from a biolab. Ukraine is part of the narrative toward this, in cahoots with much of the rest of the world.

The reason it will be from a biolab, and less disputably so compared to "Sars-Cov-2", is because the zoonotic version will not have as much credibility the second time around, and a bioweapon is much scarier. You can see above, China are playing their role in the game in which you are supposed to think they are all on opposing sides.

Things are being put into place.....

An international treaty on pandemic prevention and preparedness

Deutsche Telekom to build global COVID vaccine verification app for WHO

If taken away by force into a camp, compelled into a digital ID vaccine passport system etc. some people might want to think about what has been said about virus "isolation".

Edited by Arpeggio

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
1 minute ago, Arpeggio said:

Yes and No......but here's a theory I had before, that now seems to be transpiring;

The next plandemic will be from a biolab. Ukraine is part of the narrative toward this, in cahoots with much of the rest of the world, including Russia.The reason it will be from a biolab ...

There's a problem with theories - they all too often look like conspiracy theories... and everyone knows that no two individuals have ever conspired in all of recorded history.

As for your 'from a biolab' specifics... I guess that depends what you consider a 'biolab' to be. Every idea comes from somewhere... even if we can't pinpoint exactly where.  When I contemplate this sort of thing, I am acutely aware that understanding motivations is key.  I note that, if one can establish fear using only a story, does the story need to be true?  If one wanted to engineer fear, what would you call the place that is done?

HOLA4413
11 minutes ago, A.steve said:

There's a problem with theories - they all too often look like conspiracy theories... and everyone knows that no two individuals have ever conspired in all of recorded history.

Oh there ARE real conspiracies, just as there are real lottery winners.

Remind me is it 1 in 13 million still or has it gone up to 1 in 39 million now?

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
4 hours ago, scottbeard said:

Oh there ARE real conspiracies, just as there are real lottery winners.

Remind me is it 1 in 13 million still or has it gone up to 1 in 39 million now?

The first time I spoke with a conspiracy theorist, I tried to find common ground. I mentioned Hillsborough as a genuine conspiracy to cover up, and he asserted that was a load of violent, drunken scousers. What an idiot.

I do not think any reasonable person denies conspiracies exist. But, people who have experience of the grown up world (rather than being side lined from society for whatever reason) will realise that a conspiracy that involves health care workers across the world, scientists across the world, and loads of people genuinely believing they are ill does rather stretch credulity.

HOLA4416
5 hours ago, Bob8 said:

The first time I spoke with a conspiracy theorist, I tried to find common ground. I mentioned Hillsborough as a genuine conspiracy to cover up, and he asserted that was a load of violent, drunken scousers. What an idiot.

I do not think any reasonable person denies conspiracies exist. But, people who have experience of the grown up world (rather than being side lined from society for whatever reason) will realise that a conspiracy that involves health care workers across the world, scientists across the world, and loads of people genuinely believing they are ill does rather stretch credulity.

In my opinion....

The establishment definition of a conspiracy theorist is someone who does not swallow the official narrative, hook, line and sinker.

The establishment definition of an antivaxxer is someone who, for whatever reason, does not want to be vaccinated.

Happily, though, an increasing number of countries are removing ALL Covid restrictions and vaccination requirements. It would seem that Omicron may indeed be nature's vaccine.

HOLA4417
5 hours ago, Bob8 said:

What was the supposed conspiracy at Hillsborough? 

HOLA4418

Small reduction in daily reported NZ cases and the hospitalisation number, but total ICU patients now close to 20% of national total ICU beds. Still approx. 85% of population officially still never infected.

Vaccination status of hospital patients at the moment seems to be pointing to vaccine efficacy, at preventing illness serious enough to require hospitalisation, as being much less than touted/commonly perceived - but still early days in the overall data 'story'.

Edited by anonguest

HOLA4419
HOLA4420

Pfizer vaccine side effects: New documents uncover a shocking 158,000 adverse events

"When Pfizer applied for FDA approval, they were aware of almost 158,000 adverse events from their vaccine and requested these documents remain sealed for 75 years."

https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/health/1577745/Pfizer-vaccine-side-effects-adverse-effects

HOLA4421
1 hour ago, Oliver Sutton said:

Pfizer vaccine side effects: New documents uncover a shocking 158,000 adverse events

"When Pfizer applied for FDA approval, they were aware of almost 158,000 adverse events from their vaccine and requested these documents remain sealed for 75 years."

https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/health/1577745/Pfizer-vaccine-side-effects-adverse-effects

These will just be written off as collateral damage by the 'If lockdown saves just one life it is worth it' types. 

Edited by Cocha

HOLA4422
12 minutes ago, Cocha said:

These will just be written off as collateral damage by the 'If lockdown saves just one life it is worth it' types. 

Remember that an "adverse event" could just be "I had cold symptoms for a day" or "I felt a bit tired the day after the injection and needed a lie down".

I had an "adverse event" after my first AstraZenenca jab - I spent all day in bed the following day.  Then I was fine - up and played cricket the day after and got my best bowling figures of the season.

Better to have one day in bed from a vaccine than all week in bed with COVID.

But the fearmongers just love stirring up trouble with talk of "adverse events"....

HOLA4423
14 minutes ago, scottbeard said:

Remember that an "adverse event" could just be "I had cold symptoms for a day" or "I felt a bit tired the day after the injection and needed a lie down".

I had an "adverse event" after my first AstraZenenca jab - I spent all day in bed the following day.  Then I was fine - up and played cricket the day after and got my best bowling figures of the season.

But the fearmongers just love stirring up trouble with talk of "adverse events"....

It does seem that the extremists with no concept of nuance insist on accusing the other side of exactly that. It does suggest they know they are speaking nonsense really.

The Economist reported on two studies on the origin of Covid-19. The first one being rather circumstancial, but I looked up the second and it shows the B strain as we knew Covid-19 and the orginal A strain at Wuhan market. The article is not the smoking gun that the article implied, but it is as near as we are likely to get in such a field.

HOLA4424
28 minutes ago, scottbeard said:

The next day I felt slightly muzzy-headed (after the first AZ jab), like I'd had a poor night's sleep, and my arm ached slightly if I stretched it. Adverse effects! Isn't it terrible?!

HOLA4425
32 minutes ago, scottbeard said:

I'm aware of how mild some of the adverse effects can be, equally some of them not so.

I don't give a toss who does or doesn't have a jab, nor how many. But it should be personal choice. The efforts from the government to force these onto the public, whilst either being aware of potential issue with the jabs, or not having done sufficient due diligence themselves, is the issue I have.