House Price Crash Forum

Covid - is there trouble ahead? New mutation and travel bans.

HOLA441
  • Replies 13k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLA442
30 minutes ago, zugzwang said:

JA's being recognised for what she's accomplished already i.e. delivering the world's best Covid response.

The Omicron variant won't change anything.

On the contrary Omicron has changed almost everything.  But to claim that JA actually planned for it is laughable.

Transmission has already peaked in Auckland.

And you know this because.....?

It's a very bold statement/prediction to make given that, arguably, significantly less than a total of 10% of the population have been infected so far.

You'll just have to go back to watching re-runs of Casualty in your skiddies, creep. 😆

I know of the series, but don't recall ever having watched it.

HOLA443

The latest NZ hospitalisation data by vaccination status is interesting:-

Unvaccinated or not eligible (78 cases / 16.5%);

Partially immunised <7 days from second dose or have only received one dose (13 cases / 2.8%);

Double vaccinated at least 7 days before being reported as a case (173 cases / 36.9%);

Received booster at least 7 days before being reported as a case (114 cases / 24.3%);

Unknown (91 cases / 19.4%)

HOLA444
21 minutes ago, anonguest said:

Most certainly not.  Others here, likely suffering from a form a pareidolia (or even apophenia) and unable to read peoples posts properly, might think that - BUT I have never said any such thing.

:)

Nice. Well then lets hope we can all happily congratulate Saint Ardern ;)

HOLA445
Just now, pig said:

:)

Nice. Well then lets hope we can all happily congratulate Saint Ardern ;)

Of course.

BUT....for reasons articulated several weeks back there are reasonable grounds for thinking that it won't be plain sailing for NZ.  The only factor that could mitigate/negate a bad outcome for them is that they are facing infection de facto solely with Omicron.  That factor still makes NZ a very interesting case study for the vaccines and their efficacy.

As of today their hospitalisation rate is now at 136 per million and over 10% of national ICU beds are being used.

Edited by anonguest

HOLA446
On 3/4/2022 at 8:55 PM, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

I've never ignored those posts. I'm on record saying I'm asthmatic. Hardly a revelation. 

Jesus bloody wept is that it??? The way you were whining and bleating and banging on before your first jab I'd assumed you had at least a couple of fairly serious comorbidities.

Edited by Cocha

HOLA447
52 minutes ago, Cocha said:

Jesus bloody wept is that it??? The way you were whining and bleating and banging on before your first jab I'd assumed you had at least a couple of fairly serious comorbidities.

Brain damage probably being one of them.  Neuroticism for certain. 😉

Edited by anonguest

HOLA448

This one's up Arpeggio's street. Another celebrity 'died suddenly' event. 😉

Autopsy shows Shane Warne died of natural causes, Thai police say

https://www.reuters.com/lifestyle/sports/cricket-autopsy-showed-australian-warnes-death-due-natural-causes-thai-police-2022-03-07/?taid=6225cbe918c5730001d4efe2&utm_campaign=trueAnthem:+Trending+Content&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter

And what exactly is 'natural causes'??!! 

That headline might just as well have said "Autopsy shows Shane Warne died of death". LOL

Edited by anonguest

HOLA449
5 minutes ago, anonguest said:

https://www.reuters.com/lifestyle/sports/cricket-autopsy-showed-australian-warnes-death-due-natural-causes-thai-police-2022-03-07/?taid=6225cbe918c5730001d4efe2&utm_campaign=trueAnthem:+Trending+Content&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter

That headline might just as well have said "Autopsy shows Shane Warne died of death". LOL

Indeed, I'm 45 and I'd quite like to know what I could possibly die naturally of in 7 years time.

HOLA4410
10 minutes ago, Cocha said:

Indeed, I'm 45 and I'd quite like to know what I could possibly die naturally of in 7 years time.

Precisely. 😉

These sorts of news reports always make me chuckle for just how pointless they are - in that they take up bandwidth/'print inches' but don't tell you anything meaningful at all. They are an almost complete waste of space and time. LOL

Is a death certificate ever filled out with Cause of Death as being 'Natural Causes'??  Is 'Natural Causes' an officially recognised condition?

Edited by anonguest

HOLA4411
9 minutes ago, anonguest said:

Precisely. 😉

These sorts of news reports always make me chuckle for just how pointless they are - in that they take up bandwidth/'print inches' but don't tell you anything meaningful at all. They are an almost complete waste of space and time. LOL

Is a death certificate ever filled out with Cause of Death as being 'Natural Causes'??  Is 'Natural Causes' and officially recognised condition?

Well, they are to those of who understand and question that at 52, you don't just suddenly die naturally. For others though, it is just the kind of vacuous flannel for them to justify to themselves ignoring it. Their next response if pushed on it will be something like 'Are you a coroner? Well stfu then discussing stuff you know nothing about'!

HOLA4412
2 minutes ago, Cocha said:

Their next response if pushed on it will be something like 'Are you a coroner? Well stfu then discussing stuff you know nothing about'!

That was a really good impression of some others here.  We know who they are.  😉

HOLA4413
25 minutes ago, Cocha said:

Well, they are to those of who understand and question that at 52, you don't just suddenly die naturally. For others though, it is just the kind of vacuous flannel for them to justify to themselves ignoring it. Their next response if pushed on it will be something like 'Are you a coroner? Well stfu then discussing stuff you know nothing about'!

What do you mean by "die naturally" in that sense? It's possible for the body to go wrong and keel over at any age, it's just much, much less likely at 52 than 92.

HOLA4414
Just now, Riedquat said:

What do you mean by "die naturally" in that sense? It's possible for the body to go wrong and keel over at any age, it's just much, much less likely at 52 than 92.

Yes. All that is a given.

My light hearted point was the meaningless use of the description 'natural causes' in a news report.  Is that actually an officially recognised description that would ever be entered on a death certificate?  😉

No?  Then what did he die of?!  Otherwise a report like that is almost pointless.  The most that such a report meaningfully tells us is that the death was not accidental or 'foul play' - and that it just about it.

HOLA4415
1 minute ago, anonguest said:

No?  Then what did he die of?!  Otherwise a report like that is almost pointless.  The most that such a report meaningfully tells us is that the death was not accidental or 'foul play' - and that it just about it.

That is the point of it I suspect. Anyway didn't reports say "suspected heart attack"? Then I suppose "natural causes" just adds that there's no evidence of those being part of it. I suppose more detail than that is up to his family about whether or not they want it released.

HOLA4416
1 hour ago, anonguest said:

Oh for goodness sake you guys - died of natural causes just means “not murdered”

Some people on this website really are the absolute pits dregs and scum of the conspiracy theory detritus 

HOLA4417
Just now, scottbeard said:

Oh for goodness sake you guys - died of natural causes just means “not murdered”

You're a bit late to the party. IF you read my post above you will see that I already covered that point!

Just now, scottbeard said:

Some people on this website really are the absolute pits dregs and scum of the conspiracy theory detritus 

And some people are so devoid of humour it is depressing to witness.

IF you read the original post carefully enough you will have seen that it was a jesting reference to the many similar such posts from Arpeggio - some of which arguably are reasonable but many are not.

Edited by anonguest

HOLA4418
45 minutes ago, Riedquat said:

That is the point of it I suspect. Anyway didn't reports say "suspected heart attack"?

I didn't see any such. Possibly missed them

Then I suppose "natural causes" just adds that there's no evidence of those being part of it.

You mean death from heart attack is not 'natural'?  😉

I suppose more detail than that is up to his family about whether or not they want it released.

That's fair enough. Though that does raise a question I've never been sure of the answer to....

IF someone dies suddenly/from not immediately evident cause and in a public setting/place (i.e. anywhere outside of ones home or a hospital) do the subsequent public investigations re: cause of death become public record? And therefore can be reported on if a journalist chose to do so?

Edited by anonguest

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
30 minutes ago, scottbeard said:

But was Warney pro the Great Reset, or anti- ?

The truth is out there... but it's being spun! 😆

HOLA4422
38 minutes ago, anonguest said:

Yes. All that is a given.

My light hearted point was the meaningless use of the description 'natural causes' in a news report.  Is that actually an officially recognised description that would ever be entered on a death certificate?  😉

Er...this is quite a normal report ?

Not enough for your specific purposes ? Oh....thats the thread we're on lol

HOLA4423

Two More ivermectin studies.

First study

One treatment is super expensive, very high risk profile and does nothing.

The other is super cheap, super safe and reduces mortality to 30% vs treatment by the other.

Guess which one is on the approved list and which one is actively blocked by the authorities and lied about in the media, to suppress it?

Second study - the 'horse dewormer paste' when given in pretty much the smallest dose used, reduced infection rate by 44%,  hospitalisation rate by 67% , deaths by 70%. 

Clearly Nothing to see here.  Queue up to get whatever big pharma is coming out with!

Edited by Sour Mash

HOLA4424
HOLA4425
1 hour ago, anonguest said:

You're a bit late to the party. IF you read my post above you will see that I already covered that point!

And some people are so devoid of humour it is depressing to witness.

IF you read the original post carefully enough you will have seen that it was a jesting reference to the many similar such posts from Arpeggio - some of which arguably are reasonable but many are not.

My barbs were not aimed at you…