House Price Crash Forum

Covid - is there trouble ahead? New mutation and travel bans.

HOLA441
2 minutes ago, Bob8 said:

They look at Sweden (with its sky high vaccination rate) doing far better in 2021 and 2022 than it did in 2020 and conclude we should be like Sweden in 2020.

They are as mad as a of frogs.

As I've argued all along, not skeptics but denialist cranks. Motivated by ideology rather than reason.

• Replies 13k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLA442
Just now, zugzwang said:

As I've argued all along, not skeptics but denialist cranks. Motivated by ideology rather than reason.

Errrr....IF anyone fits that description it's you!  With your endless fawning over various politicians before all else.

HOLA443
22 minutes ago, zugzwang said:

Cranks, yes.

It is notable that most of them insist they are experts on everything.

My sister remarked that people tend to assume that everything is about them, and those that do not check that impulse are the worst.

So, they assume Covid-19 is all about them. Then, they are generally a bit dim and gullible, but believe they are brighter and more savvy, which means they fall for things and do not worry everyone (including experts) think they are wrong. And, then assume this proves they are amazing and the Government is trying to stop them (all the more so if they have individualist politics, threatened by a common problem best tackled by a communal solution).

HOLA444
8 minutes ago, anonguest said:

Errrr....IF anyone fits that description it's you!  With your endless fawning over various politicians before all else.

Jacinda Ardern is the one being invited to give the commencement address at Harvard this year not Donnie Dettol.

HOLA445
5 minutes ago, Bob8 said:

Cranks, yes.

It is notable that most of them insist they are experts on everything.

My sister remarked that people tend to assume that everything is about them, and those that do not check that impulse are the worst.

So, they assume Covid-19 is all about them. Then, they are generally a bit dim and gullible, but believe they are brighter and more savvy, which means they fall for things and do not worry everyone (including experts) think they are wrong. And, then assume this proves they are amazing and the Government is trying to stop them (all the more so if they have individualist politics, threatened by a common problem best tackled by a communal solution).

They're mostly white lower income males who harbour an emotional hatred of blacks, queers, professional women etc. then rationalise that hatred politically to the point where it overwhelms their commonsense.

HOLA446
Just now, Bob8 said:

My sister remarked....

I've completely lost track and count of how many times you've mentioned/invoked your sister. 

My sister this. My sister that.....

I'm detecting more than a faint whiff of an unhealthy 'obsession' with your sister. Seriously!!

Edited by anonguest

HOLA447
Just now, zugzwang said:

They're mostly white lower income males who harbour an emotional hatred of blacks, queers, professional women etc. then rationalise that hatred politically to the point where it overwhelms their commonsense.

You are Justin Trudeau and I claim my fiver. LOL

Edited by anonguest

HOLA448
1 minute ago, zugzwang said:

In my limited experience, it is not about absolure position, but relative where they would expect to be.

Laurence Fox is a very successful man by most standards, but given his background, family and early life, he is downwardly mobile.

The issue here is that the world seems to have gone mad by not giving them their deserts.

HOLA449
Just now, zugzwang said:

Jacinda Ardern is the one being invited to give the commencement address at Harvard this year not Donnie Dettol.

Why would that be even remotely surprising?  and I don't see what it 'proves'? Or changes in anyway what may/may not unfold in NZ in the coming weeks?

IF it all goes to hell in a handbasket in the coming weeks for NZ will that be a reflection of Jacinda being invited to speak at Harvard? No? So, how is this factoid of her invitation even remotely relevant?

In any case she'll be in good company joining the roster of other equally dubiously suitable and/or vacuous persons who have had the honour, such as.....

Juan Carlos I, King of Spain

Oprah Winfrey

Mohammad Reza Pahlavi, Shah of Iran

Mark Zuckerberg

Helmut Schmidt

Edited by anonguest

HOLA4410
Just now, Bob8 said:

The issue here is that the world seems to have gone mad by not giving them their deserts.

No matter what langauge I select in Google Translate that line just doesn't have any meaning whatsoever.

Try again please in coherent English.  Thanks.

Edited by anonguest

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
On 03/03/2022 at 21:27, Arpeggio said:

The word "denialist" is a little enthusiastic for a best scenario where 90% of deaths among vaccinated and we assume that 90% are vaccinated with a highly effective vaccine, and if you like; deaths among the vaccinated increased 48% because more people got vaccinated with a highly effective vaccine.

Similar for Australia

Australia’s record breaking wave of Covid-19 sees Fully Vaccinated account for 9 in every 10 ICU Admissions & 4 in every 5 Deaths

........and

Whilst you’ve been distracted by Russia’s invasion, the UK Gov. published data confirming the Fully Vaccinated are now up to 3.2x more likely to die of Covid-19 than the Unvaccinated

image-54.png?resize=1024,789&ssl=1

HOLA4414
1 hour ago, Arpeggio said:

If that's true, then clearly all the UKHSA disclaimers and Bob8 waffle is pure BS.

There is no way that 9 out of 10 ICU admissions would be in the VACCINATED, unless the vaccines were FAILING or have FAILED.

Anyone who claims otherwise, and resorts to "no vaccine is 100% effective" waffle is talking utter tripe.

The one disclaimer I'd add, however, is I wish people would show these figures changing over time. I think that would give a better indication of the effectiveness of the vaccines, i.e. they're kind of expected to diminish over time, hence the endless boosters (only interrupted by the occasional world war).

HOLA4415

APPENDIX 1. LIST OF ADVERSE EVENTS OF SPECIAL INTEREST Page 30  https://phmpt.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/11/5.3.6-postmarketing-experience.pdf

1p36 deletion syndrome

Chromosome 1p36 deletion syndrome      

"1p36 deletion syndrome is a chromosome disorder that typically causes severe intellectual disability......Cerebral cortical atrophy"

36 minutes ago, FallingAwake said:

If that's true, then clearly all the UKHSA disclaimers and Bob8 waffle is pure BS.

There is no way that 9 out of 10 ICU admissions would be in the VACCINATED, unless the vaccines were FAILING or have FAILED.

Anyone who claims otherwise, and resorts to "no vaccine is 100% effective" waffle is talking utter tripe.

I'm surprised they are even revealing this. Although as you know they are starting to disappear data, including the factors mentioned in the article I linked.

Edited by Arpeggio

HOLA4416
6 hours ago, vadst43 said:

image.jpeg.f3481cf7f945b34bc883dfceec5f1726.jpeg

I've never known anyone to bring up/refer to their sister, for whatever reason, in conversations as much as Bob8 does!  There seems to be, even if completely unawares of it, a somewhat creepy abnormal 'fixation' with her. 

HOLA4417
16 hours ago, anonguest said:

I've never known anyone to bring up/refer to their sister, for whatever reason, in conversations as much as Bob8 does!  There seems to be, even if completely unawares of it, a somewhat creepy abnormal 'fixation' with her. 

May be they play Doctors and Nurses.

I think Bob has a PhD.

HOLA4418
5 hours ago, Mikhail Liebenstein said:

I think Bob has a PhD.

I sometimes think Bob8 thinks he has a PhD  😄

IF he does it certainly isn't in the art of debating - never mind debating and questioning science and data with an open mind.

A true scientist debates and questions the science.  A 'fake' scientist insults those that are going to challenge their science.

Edited by anonguest

HOLA4419
21 hours ago, FallingAwake said:

The one disclaimer I'd add, however, is I wish people would show these figures changing over time. I think that would give a better indication of the effectiveness of the vaccines, i.e. they're kind of expected to diminish over time, hence the endless boosters (only interrupted by the occasional world war).

It didn't take long for the authorities to try to backpedal on the vaccine narrative.  The clear initial expectation was that vaccines would basically solve the problem (and stop transmission).  Very quickly became obvious that this was not the case so they decided to more or less pretend that vaccines were never about stopping infection and transmission - just improving your chances of a good outcome should you become infected.   Of course, this also directly conflicts with the narrative that you MUST get vaccinated 'to stop the spread of covid and protect others'.  Not that the establishment or media ever bothered to ponder that.  Acceptance of Doublethink is a pre-requisite for the spreading and following the party line, although I do think the cognitive dissonance it produces is probably what makes some of the advocates of covidism so unstable as they melt down on social media.

HOLA4420
On 04/03/2022 at 20:58, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

Wrong, wrong, wrong. I've always said that vaccine passports, and masks indoors are the sweetspot. 

To me both are repellant and unacceptable.

On 04/03/2022 at 20:53, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

That is completely different to saying, "we hid in our houses for two years to protect them."

I assume you know the difference in for two years and at least part of the last two years.

Since March 2020 I think I’ve worked from home on around 590 of the 600 or so working days.  

In March and April 2020 I was happy to do so to “flatten the curve” and whilst we worked to understand COVID. 

But are you trying now to say that because I have from time to time left the house in the last two years this isn’t a significant sacrifice?!

Yes “hiding in our houses for two years” was hyperbole for impact but if you want to rexpress it without the hyperbole it still boils down to missing out on thousands of hours of face to face interaction with other people to help the vulnerable and to avoid overwhelming the health service.

At this point the discussion is almost moot - the restrictions are gone and it’s great news inn my book.  I guess you don’t share my opinion but that doesn’t really matter.

HOLA4421
On 05/03/2022 at 14:56, anonguest said:

Why would that be even remotely surprising?  and I don't see what it 'proves'? Or changes in anyway what may/may not unfold in NZ in the coming weeks?

IF it all goes to hell in a handbasket in the coming weeks for NZ will that be a reflection of Jacinda being invited to speak at Harvard? No? So, how is this factoid of her invitation even remotely relevant?

In any case she'll be in good company joining the roster of other equally dubiously suitable and/or vacuous persons who have had the honour, such as.....

Oprah Winfrey

Mark Zuckerberg

Helmut Schmidt

JA's being recognised for what she's accomplished already i.e. delivering the world's best Covid response.

The Omicron variant won't change anything. Transmission has already peaked in Auckland.

You'll just have to go back to watching re-runs of Casualty in your skiddies, creep. 😆

HOLA4422
7 hours ago, anonguest said:

I sometimes think Bob8 thinks he has a PhD  😄

IF he does it certainly isn't in the art of debating - never mind debating and questioning science and data with an open mind.

A true scientist debates and questions the science.  A 'fake' scientist insults those that are going to challenge their science.

Need to be careful with that one, because a true scientist also ignores the peddlers of nonsense and those banging on the same drum constantly, ignoring anything that doesn't agree with their preconceptions. And will be quite happy to insult them in their private time too.

Not every challenge is worth taking seriously.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
On 05/03/2022 at 14:56, anonguest said:

Oprah Winfrey

Mark Zuckerberg

Helmut Schmidt

:)

Thats a remarkably bitter and twisted response.

Was it you with the popcorn willing NZ citizens to die ?

HOLA4425
25 minutes ago, pig said:

Was it you with the popcorn willing NZ citizens to die ?

Most certainly not.  Others here, likely suffering from a form a pareidolia (or even apophenia) and unable to read peoples posts properly, might think that - BUT I have never said any such thing.

Edited by anonguest