House Price Crash Forum

Covid - is there trouble ahead? New mutation and travel bans.

HOLA441
1 hour ago, scottbeard said:

No, this is just an example of conspiracy theorists doing what they always do, and adding a layer of extra conspiracy to explain anything that doesn't fit their view.

VIEW:  The vaccines don't work.

GOVERNMENT:  Most people in hospital are unvaccinated.

LAYER 1:  The vaccines don't work.  Therefore the government must be lying.

ICU NURSES:  Most people I treat are unvaccinated, especially the really poorly ones.

LAYER 2:  The vaccines don't work.  The the government are lying.  The ICU nurses must be lying too - maybe the government is threatening them with being sacked if they don't.

And on it goes...

Spot on - in the good old days it was irritating now it’s getting boring.

Remember folks ‘Birds Aren’t Real’

• Replies 13k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLA442
HOLA443
59 minutes ago, anonguest said:

Out of curiosity.....how old were they and within what time frame did each of them get the illness?

61 and 57 both had suffered symptoms for at least a couple of years before going and getting it checked out. Apparently nurses are famous for late presentation after getting a self diagnosis wrong.    

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
2 minutes ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

I particularly enjoy the great anti-vax logic insights such as:

‘i WiLl GeT mY iMmUnItY tO cOvId By CaTcHiNg CoViD. iT iS nAtUrEs VaCcInE, iNnIt.’ 

Cross immunity between variants.... 

https://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?/topic/242348-covid-is-there-trouble-ahead-new-mutation-and-travel-bans/&do=findComment&comment=1103814200

HOLA448
17 minutes ago, Bruce Banner said:

To be called an idiot by Blair is a badge I could wear with pride :D.

I will tell that to my elderly mum who was able to book her 3 jabs at less than 48 hours notice but now needs to wait months for her cardiology appointments/assessments due being diagnosed earlier this year as having post myocardial infarction and a weakened heart muscle.  Oddly she managed to survive 80 plus years without any sign of a heart condition - yet suddenly this emerges as if by random last spring! Apparently its down to old age - but she was old last year too!

I doubt Tony Blair has to wait months to see a doctor!

Its just a statistic and perhaps a tiny risk - until you are possibly one of those statistics?!

When do we get our NHS back - instead of an NVS?

Edited by MARTINX9

HOLA449
1 minute ago, MARTINX9 said:

Oddly she managed to survive 80 plus years without any sign of a heart condition - yet suddenly this emerges as if by random last spring! Apparently its down to old age - but she was old last year too!

Oddly people who die of old age aged 90 were able to survive 90 years without dying.  And they were old when they were 89 too!  Yet somehow when they die at 90 it's "old age".  Must be a conspiracy ;) 

HOLA4410
6 minutes ago, scottbeard said:

Oddly people who die of old age aged 90 were able to survive 90 years without dying.  And they were old when they were 89 too!  Yet somehow when they die at 90 it's "old age".  Must be a conspiracy ;) 

You may be right - but its awful coincidental timing to have come on in spring this year with sudden breathlessness?!  

She has been old for a few years now!

I can prove nothing of course - I merely note that its a lot easier to get a jab than to get a cardiology appointment! And even last year more people died of heart disease than Covid! 

Edited by MARTINX9

HOLA4411
3 minutes ago, MARTINX9 said:

Its just a statistic and perhaps a tiny risk - until you are possibly one of those statistics?!

Putting my tongue-in-cheek away, I thought that there is a clear indication that in some people heart conditions are caused by the vaccines.  That seems to be a known and readily-publicised fact, and a listed side effect of the vaccines?

I guess we may never know whether your mum has been affected in that way, or it really is old age.  Either way though I hope the long term consequences are not serious.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
32 minutes ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

People who refuse to get Covid vaccine are ‘idiots’, Tony Blair says

‘You’re not just irresponsible, you’re an idiot,’ former PM says

Does he know that saying that will reduce vaccine take up?

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
13 minutes ago, scottbeard said:

Putting my tongue-in-cheek away, I thought that there is a clear indication that in some people heart conditions are caused by the vaccines.  That seems to be a known and readily-publicised fact, and a listed side effect of the vaccines?

I guess we may never know whether your mum has been affected in that way, or it really is old age.  Either way though I hope the long term consequences are not serious.

Why would you hope that if you're happy to live in a world whereby you get vaccinated or else book yourself into an internment camp? 

My barber had a stroke after his second vaccine but woe betide he dare be hesitant about a booster. 

Tony Blair just thinks he's an idiot for daring to be hesitant about a booster, end of debate.

How dare he even think about not getting a booster at the detriment of his job and his life and absolutely forget about having that conversation with his cardiologist since if said cardiologist opened up that dialogue his jobs on the line. 

We should all be unquestioning slaves to private entities products who are so confident on their product they get bomb proof Govt liability protection contracts with cast iron state approval to suppress FOI requests on their data for the next 50 years.

Nothing quite assures you of transparency than them throwing the data down the state secret black hole. 

Edited by Casual-observer

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
1 minute ago, MARTINX9 said:

You may be right - but its awful coincidental timing to have come on in spring this year with sudden breathlessness?!  

She has been old for a few years now!

It's also true that COVID itself can cause the same heart problems - did she get the virus itself?

HOLA4419
8 minutes ago, Casual-observer said:

Why would you hope that if you're happy to live in a world whereby you get vaccinated or else book yourself into an internment camp? 

I'm not happy to live in such a world and have said quite clearly about 20 times on this thread that vaccines should never be mandatory, nor do I support quasi-mandatory measures like vaccine passports.

All I dislike is people spreading misinformation about vaccines.

HOLA4420

So its mild. Confirmed.

Boosters generally work. Confirmed.

Biology suggests it is intrinsically much more mild. Confirmed.

Modelling predicting rapid increase in hospital rates and case rates over the last 4-5 days has not happened. Confirmed.

Once again Sage have modelled a load of nonsense.

Luckily the boy who cried wolf will never get another chance to hurt society. They have ruined their credibility over Omicron.

They didn't model it was milder, despite SA showing that. They didn't model it would stop its exponential decay early, as SA showed. They just ignored all the data. 

Edited by henry the king

HOLA4421
2 minutes ago, henry the king said:

Luckily the boy who cried wolf will never get another chance to hurt society. They have ruined their credibility over Omicron.

I don't know if you actually remember the story of the boy who cried wolf, but the damage wasn't done by the early false alarms.  The damage was done when the later event actually WAS a wolf.

Regardless of what Omicron turns out to be, that fable may still turn out to be relevant if we do get a dangerous variant, or a whole new pandemic that people assume is "just another COVID" 😕 

HOLA4422
9 minutes ago, henry the king said:

So its mild. Confirmed.

Boosters generally work. Confirmed.

Biology suggests it is intrinsically much more mild. Confirmed.

Modelling predicting rapid increase in hospital rates and case rates over the last 4-5 days has not happened. Confirmed.

They didn't model it was milder, despite SA showing that. They didn't model it would stop its exponential decay early, as SA showed. They just ignored all the data. 

Scary casedemic caused by increase testing and fearmongering. Suspected.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
35 minutes ago, Bruce Banner said:

The report has not be published yet. It is not clear what exactly it contains.

from Politico, which seems to be the origin of this news https://www.politico.eu/article/omicron-variant-coronavirus-symptoms-milder-delta-uk-data/

"But while Omicron cases in the U.K. seem milder overall, the U.K. Health Security Agency (UKHSA) has found it is not necessarily mild enough to avoid large numbers of hospitalizations, according to the data, which is due to be published before Christmas and was previewed by POLITICO's London Playbook.

The UKHSA found evidence that for those who do become severely ill with Omicron, there is still a high chance of hospitalization and death. The scientists also confirmed that the transmissibility of Omicron is very high, meaning that even though it is milder, infections could rocket to the point large numbers could still end up in hospital."

from The Guardian

"Asked if he has seen evidence from the UK Health Security Agency suggesting the Omicron variant causes less severe illness than Delta (see 10.18am), Drakeford says the evidence he has seen is more equivocal. He says Omicron might be less severe for people who have had a previous infection. But for people who have not had Covid before, it is probably just as severe, he says."

HOLA4425
1 hour ago, MARTINX9 said:

I will tell that to my elderly mum who was able to book her 3 jabs at less than 48 hours notice but now needs to wait months for her cardiology appointments/assessments due being diagnosed earlier this year as having post myocardial infarction and a weakened heart muscle.  Oddly she managed to survive 80 plus years without any sign of a heart condition - yet suddenly this emerges as if by random last spring! Apparently its down to old age - but she was old last year too!

I doubt Tony Blair has to wait months to see a doctor!

When do we get our NHS back - instead of an NVS?

Best have a word with the covidiots.