HOLA441
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
On 9/12/2020 at 10:48 AM, spyguy said:

700 job seekers in a village ...

There has been so glitch in terms of employment but what you are seeing with is the DSS UC keep yourself busy

Ā 

No.Ā 700 job seekersĀ from aĀ handful of villages and towns surrounding.Ā 

The point is they normally get 40-50 applications, andĀ whileĀ the majority are probably those applying against their own will, the latest number was exponentially higher!!
Ā 

Ā 

HOLA443
On 9/11/2020 at 9:37 AM, longgone said:

Will you be updating your cv with this trick ?Ā 

I wonder if you could use the same trick on a dating profile to get a few hits as opposed to nothing.

I suppose you would need to photoshop too to balance things up though with the hidden gems in the profile. Just a thought.

Well Iā€™m currently married and employed. If either situation changes Iā€™ll most likely not consider the advice of a unemployed single 45 year old still living with his mammy as particularly valuable nor inciting.Ā 

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
12 hours ago, Pmax2020 said:

No.Ā 700 job seekersĀ from aĀ handful of villages and towns surrounding.Ā 

The point is they normally get 40-50 applications, andĀ whileĀ the majority are probably those applying against their own will, the latest number was exponentially higher!!
Ā 

Ā 

Has anyone checked if the clinic has hired a hot doctor or nurse? Ā We are all about the checking of the facts on HPC!

HOLA447
8 hours ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

Well Iā€™m currently married and employed. If either situation changes Iā€™ll most likely not consider the advice of a unemployed single 45 year old still living with his mammy as particularly valuable nor inciting.Ā 

Do you not feel emasculated at all ? firstly your life being directed by brexiters enforcing their power overĀ youĀ and now your internet mail order wife doing the same.Ā  you seem to spend an awful lot of time posting nonsense on here.Ā Ā 

8 hours ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

Heā€™s on the record as coming from Hull.Ā 

yes i live in hull we are in a one room HMO suite sharing a bunk bed, the fun fact is i still vote on your behalf.Ā  voting for you not with youĀ 

Ā 

200.gif

HOLA448

The furlough scheme has shown that "money" can be found to pay people to sit at home drinking Corona all day.Ā 

When it ends everyone will ask for more.

Ā 

FFS I can see November and December being a fecking nightmare as I think we'll see riots and looting for Christmas.Ā 

New xboxes and PS5's could be first out the Currys window imo.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
23 hours ago, Social Justice League said:

The furlough scheme has shown that "money" can be found to pay people to sit at home drinking Corona all day.Ā 

When it ends everyone will ask for more.

Ā 

FFS I can see November and December being a fecking nightmare as I think we'll see riots and looting for Christmas.Ā 

Ā 

Even in a recession you normally get a lot of casual temp work leading up to Chrimbo. Yes the job market will revert to being "challenging" in the New Year, but the cold weather normally means far less chance of civil disturbance. It'll be April or May before anything starts to kick off.

We could start to see delivery vans being targetted more. I'm surprised they haven't been robbed more (I've heard of a couple of cases locally where gangs stole the van, but that can only happen where the driver leaves his keys behind).

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
30 minutes ago, Social Justice League said:

I keep on thinking about 'The Running Man' (1987 Arnie movie) where we are all fitted with exploding collars and if we pass into a 'restricted zone', our heads are blown off.

Cummings must be planning this, surely.................'Lose Your Head To Help Out'

great film thatĀ 

775284185117121969.png

rzE0H6M.gifĀ 

https://www.kotaku.com.au/2014/06/the-running-man-is-way-better-and-worse-than-you-remember/

Ā 

HOLA4413
1 hour ago, longgone said:

Yeah that's the one.Ā  2017 was only a few years out too.Ā  Amazing prediction. ;)Ā 

Great lockdown movie as it's almost like a public information film in 2020....lol.

HOLA4414
On 14/09/2020 at 12:42, Social Justice League said:

There won't be any stock in the shops to loot.Ā  No point when no-one is going into physical shops anyway.

HOLA4415
2 minutes ago, Social Justice League said:

Yeah that's the one.Ā  2017 was only a few years out too.Ā  Amazing prediction. ;)Ā 

Great lockdown movie as it's almost like a public information film in 2020....lol.

i have referenced this film a couple times before on here.Ā šŸ¤£

soon when furlough ends the film "hard target" will come into play with the tories paying large sums to go homeless hunting.Ā 

Hard TargetĀ is a 1993 AmericanĀ action filmĀ directed byĀ Hong KongĀ film directorĀ John WooĀ in his U.S. debut. The film starsĀ Jean-Claude Van DammeĀ as Chance Boudreaux, an out-of-workĀ CajunĀ merchant seaman who saves a young woman named Natasha Binder (Yancy Butler) from a gang of thugs inĀ New Orleans. Chance learns that Binder is searching for her missing father (Chuck Pfarrer), and agrees to aid Binder in her search. They soon learn that Binder's father has died at the hands of hunt organisers Emil Fouchon (Lance Henriksen) and Pik van Cleef (Arnold Vosloo), ruthless businessmen who arrange the hunting of homeless men as a form of recreational sport.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
20 hours ago, Trampa501 said:

We could start to see delivery vans being targetted more. I'm surprised they haven't been robbed more (I've heard of a couple of cases locally where gangs stole the van, but that can only happen where the driver leaves his keys behind).

When I last worked in distribution, in 2008, there was a real problem in Italy. The mafia had rather a gentleman's agreement with the haulage drivers, leave the back of your lorry open when you go for a coffee, and we will only take one pallet of product. Or lock your lorry, get beaten and we will take what we like.Ā 

At the time our product, blank dvds, was really popular with the black market for piracy, and we were getting ripped off weekly. But only in Italy, not in any other country in Europe or North Africa.Ā 

In the UK the type of theft we saw was mainly people who lived in Tower blocks claiming not to have received their parcel. Allegedly gangs hang around the bottom of tower blocks saying 'oh that's my parcel I'll save you the bother of taking that to the 40th floor' then they run off with them.

The largest theft from a courier in the UK I had was over Ā£60k but the police weren't interested. Claim on your insurance, that was all they had to say.Ā 

I can only imagine this covid policy of leaving parcels on doorsteps and taking a picture of them is fueling a mini crime boom. Can't believe the rough parts of town where I've seen an amazon parcel sitting on the front step of a tenement block of 16 flats.Ā 

Ā 

Edited by regprentice

HOLA4419
17 minutes ago, regprentice said:

Ā 

I can only imagine this covid policy of leaving parcels on doorsteps and taking a picture of them is fueling a mini crime boom. Can't believe the rough parts of town where I've seen an amazon parcel sitting on the front step of a tenement block of 16 flats.Ā 

Ā 

Yes, it is i have friends in online retail saying this, you also have householders lying about not receiving, and their does seemed to be a big increase in poor people who were once employedĀ and may be moving to crime to get more money.

HOLA4420