House Price Crash Forum

Is this the day the SHTF? Looks possible to me.

HOLA441
9 hours ago, GeneCernan said:

^ Quite.

0.00004% of the UK population died today from COVID-19, there have been days recently when it has been 1/10th of even that ridiculously low figure.

0.06% of the population have died from it to date. 6 in every 100,000 people.

I honestly don't understand why the whole thing is such a big deal

It seems pretty much all the worlds governments think it is a big deal and worth having economic harm to control. I can't figure out why they'd do that if it was not such a big deal?

(No, all the worlds governments are not trying to use it to control the sheeple)

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
11 minutes ago, dugsbody said:

It seems pretty much all the worlds governments think it is a big deal and worth having economic harm to control. I can't figure out why they'd do that if it was not such a big deal?

(No, all the worlds governments are not trying to use it to control the sheeple)

Are you sure of that last point? The Great Reset is not a conspiracy theory, it is being openly planned by the WEF, and they want to use COVID as the pretext to accelerate its implementation. The WEF is not elected, and yet things that are discussed there often get implemented globally without democratic consent. 

HOLA443
Just now, HovelinHove said:

Are you sure of that last point? The Great Reset is not a conspiracy theory, it is being openly planned by the WEF, and they want to use COVID as the pretext to accelerate its implementation. The WEF is not elected, and yet things that are discussed there often get implemented globally without democratic consent. 

Yes, 100% sure. Conspiracy theories like that fall down with the slightest bit of sensible scrutiny. Every single government in the world, all the different hues, views, agendas, all working together to use a pandemic to increase their controls on their populations.

Only a ******ing idiot would believe that.

So, the question remains, why are all governments taking the virus so seriously if it is no big deal? 

HOLA444
HOLA445
3 minutes ago, HovelinHove said:

Haha so their evil plan is to pay the plebs 80% of their wages to sit in the sunshine with their families all summer whilst simultaneously destroying the entire world economy that provides the elites’ wealth?!

Even Skeletor had better evil plans than that!

And if it’s being “openly planned” Do you have a link to the plan?

HOLA446
1 minute ago, dugsbody said:

Yes, 100% sure. Conspiracy theories like that fall down with the slightest bit of sensible scrutiny. Every single government in the world, all the different hues, views, agendas, all working together to use a pandemic to increase their controls on their populations.

Only a ******ing idiot would believe that.

So, the question remains, why are all governments taking the virus so seriously if it is no big deal? 

Not every single government, but many governments and the corporate world align around certain objectives and agendas. That is openly obvious. They do not agree on every single detail, but in general I have noticed that by and large they have moved in concert on many issues without national votes. For example gay marriage and transgender legislation. Never voted for in many countries and yet implemented across the world. 

HOLA447
2 minutes ago, scottbeard said:

Haha so their evil plan is to pay the plebs 80% of their wages to sit in the sunshine with their families all summer whilst simultaneously destroying the entire world economy that provides the elites’ wealth?!

Even Skeletor had better evil plans than that!

And if it’s being “openly planned” Do you have a link to the plan?

https://www.weforum.org/great-reset/

HOLA448

It is not an “evil” plan. It is just a belief by those who have power that they need to work in concert for the greater good, but they get to define what that good is. They have shown that they need to bypass the democratic will of people. Brexit was aberration for them and they worked as hard as they could to stop it, as they did with Trump. BUt both have shown they don’t have absolute power...yet.

Edited by HovelinHove

HOLA449
HOLA4410

I love a good conspiracy in the morning but sadly it’s twaddle and the world governments couldn’t find their own  **** with a flashlight.  Hopefully the Oxford vaccine pause is not drug related but it’s also twaddle that it’s a precaution as reported by the limp media, the docs can’t rule out the vaccine as the cause so they have stopped for safety reasons.  What is true is that lending and growth are going down and unemployment up and after that there will be some printy printy cash machine goes wirr coordination.  

HOLA4411

It's a horrible bug that almost did for me earlier this year.

Lost friends to it (thankfully no family yet).

Unfortunately we've got a pandemic and a woefully incompetent government at the same time. 

OP could be right.

It does have the potential to be the perfect shit storm.

HOLA4412
13 minutes ago, HovelinHove said:

It is not an “evil” plan. It is just a belief by those who have power that they need to work in concert for the greater good, but they get to define what that good is. They have shown that they need to bypass the democratic will of people. Brexit was aberration for them and they worked as hard as they could to stop it, as they did with Trump. BUt both have shown they don’t have absolute power...yet.

I think the opposite.

Trump and Brexit are examples of the elite power, not the opposite.

Sure, they got popular support. But then so did witch hunts, Hitler, and all manner of absolutely awful things throughout history.

HOLA4413
10 minutes ago, byron78 said:

I think the opposite.

Trump and Brexit are examples of the elite power, not the opposite.

Sure, they got popular support. But then so did witch hunts, Hitler, and all manner of absolutely awful things throughout history.

Popular support is always the sign that it's going to be a sh1t sandwich, as most of the population are thick.

HOLA4414

People will always support those that tell you they will give you what you want, are working for you, see it as you see it, who tell you who or what it is that are preventing you from having something and will remove that obstacle or barrier......then when it did not turn out as expected will convince you that everything you wanted was done as promised but there was another reason why what thought would get did not happen.....a new scapegoat or blame put a hammer in the works...... support us again and will fix it.;)

HOLA4415
16 minutes ago, Social Justice League said:

Popular support is always the sign that it's going to be a sh1t sandwich, as most of the population are thick.

Unlike those who vote for a man who is antisemitic supports hamas and Hezbollah has been arrested  on pro IRA marches and thinks everyone can have everything for free?

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
55 minutes ago, HovelinHove said:

For those who follow the US markets, I think the Shit has already hit the fan, and the Oxford vaccine news will accelerate that process today. Could see a global market rout over the next few weeks, and that will finish off the global recovery and remind every one of reality.

On the BBC at around 0830 this morning. There was a professor of virology (who looked as if he were in a music studio) who stated that he had anecdotal evidence that there are examples of individuals who have had the virus, been cleared of it after an immune response and then re-acquired it. He went on to say that if true, this means there cant be a vaccine developed.

I will look for the clip over the next few hours and add if I can.

HOLA4418
12 hours ago, spacedin said:

A relative of mine in their early 40s with no preexisting conditions caught coronavirus in March. It was pretty nasty, they struggled to walk up the stairs and sounded like they had a kind of low grade pneumonia, breathing pretty laboured.

The whole thing lasted a month, probably a result of their body's immune response being a bit too strong. Admittedly they didn't get tested but lost their sense of smell.

Sorry to hear that. Are they overweight? Do they have a diet high in carbs or sugar (including fruit)?

Edited by Sausage

HOLA4419
6 minutes ago, Roman Roady said:

He went on to say that if true, this means there cant be a vaccine developed.

Not a scientist by any means but isn't this the case for other "coronavirus family" illnesses, a lot of medical-minded folk have said this from the off. 

Agree with many views above that the number of Covid-19 deaths in a fraction of overall deaths. Couple this with the fact that NHS and other health bodies can't seem to divide the deaths between those who died with it and those who died of it. A big distinction IMO. I am sure we all know of someone who has had treatment and diagnosis cancelled due to it as well, how many deaths are going to be attributed to lack of appointments etc.

My view is that unemployment and poverty, to which government policy around Covid-19 is impacting negatively, has serious health and well-being effects and these are being ignored from the government.

HOLA4420
1 minute ago, PaulTW said:

My view is that unemployment and poverty, to which government policy around Covid-19 is impacting negatively, has serious health and well-being effects and these are being ignored from the government.

Tory philosophy is the unemployed need to 'get on their bikes' and poverty doesn't exist.

HOLA4421
14 hours ago, rantnrave said:

Number of new coronavirus cases in UK rising again and 30 extra deaths today could confirm that a second wave is definitely upon us.

The monday death figures are always MUCH lower so that is misleading.  I knew it was misleading because I saw it used by the MSM to justify the insanity of Boris.

HOLA4422
1 hour ago, HovelinHove said:

For those who follow the US markets, I think the Shit has already hit the fan, and the Oxford vaccine news will accelerate that process today. Could see a global market rout over the next few weeks, and that will finish off the global recovery and remind every one of reality.

FTSE up 1% in early trading.

HOLA4423
40 minutes ago, Social Justice League said:

It's where I'm at with it.

The Sun and the Daily Mail are our most popular papers. Coronation Street is wildly popular, but that hardly makes it high art.

Those pictures of dogs playing poker used to be on every prole home I ever went into. Now it's a St George flag...

Edited by byron78

HOLA4424
12 minutes ago, Roman Roady said:

On the BBC at around 0830 this morning. There was a professor of virology (who looked as if he were in a music studio) who stated that he had anecdotal evidence that there are examples of individuals who have had the virus, been cleared of it after an immune response and then re-acquired it. He went on to say that if true, this means there cant be a vaccine developed.

I will look for the clip over the next few hours and add if I can.

COVID is a coronavirus, we’ve never developed a vaccine for one yet. A few mutations in the viral envelope and your vaccine won’t work. One thing I have heard about these reinfections is that have been very mild or asymptomatic. We are dealing with a new virus that had a big splash debut, but will become just one of dozens of commonly circulating viruses that kill a few old people every year.

HOLA4425