House Price Crash Forum

How many houses does the housing secretary own?

HOLA441
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
4 minutes ago, longgone said:

use of 3 houses but he owns two 5m quid  

Is polling station a euphemism ?

27018392-8206255-Mr_Jenrick_pictured_wit

He says his education at the Wolverhampton Grammar public school is a sign of his humble beginnings. I guess that's compared to going to Eton?

HOLA445
8 minutes ago, Si1 said:

He says his education at the Wolverhampton Grammar public school is a sign of his humble beginnings. I guess that's compared to going to Eton?

Yes humble beginnings  5m quid of houses that is known about probably more. His parents probably the same the Mrs on 250k a year he on 100k and probably 2m in a pension somewhere. 

To him it probably is compared to blair. 

Why do think they set the HTB limit at 600k they think 600k is just above being homeless. 

HOLA446
6 minutes ago, longgone said:

Yes humble beginnings  5m quid of houses that is known about probably more. His parents probably the same the Mrs on 250k a year he on 100k and probably 2m in a pension somewhere. 

Why do think they set the HTB limit at 600k they think 600k is just above being homeless. 

His wife is a successful business lawyer from an American-israeli family, guess the 5m of property is a wealth shelter

HOLA447
5 minutes ago, longgone said:

That's why he's housing minister.

He's got loads of houses so he must know a lot about them.

Am I right?

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

Stay at home people!

Which of my many homes Mr Jenrick asks?

Fair enough he is delivering food to his parents - couldn’t they try the local food bank?!

Lets just say given his asset portfolio he isn’t going to be the one to solve the affordable housing crisis. In a years time all those London and SE NHS nurses will still be in private rented flats worried about rent rises and being at risk of eviction while never having the chance to secure stable housing by being able to afford to buy a place on their salaries.

Edited by MARTINX9

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
24 minutes ago, MARTINX9 said:

Stay at home people!

Fair enough he is delivering food to his parents - couldn’t they try the local food bank?!

Lets just say given his asset portfolio he isn’t going to be the one to solve the affordable housing crisis. In a years time all those London and SE NHS nurses will still be in private rented flats worried about rent rises and being at risk of eviction while never having the chance to secure stable housing by being able to afford to buy a place on their salaries.

It seems notable how boris has rotated towards privilege in his current cabinet.

Whilst he was voted in to do brexit, I think in the aftermath of the pandemic Labour should win the next election.

HOLA4413
26 minutes ago, MARTINX9 said:

Stay at home people!

Not sure the local food bank does a good fois gras.

HOLA4414
1 hour ago, Si1 said:

It seems notable how boris has rotated towards privilege in his current cabinet.

Whilst he was voted in to do brexit, I think in the aftermath of the pandemic Labour should win the next election.

Should...

Problem is its shifted now Labour now are a public sector + rich urban folk in university towns + city centre poor party 

Will they now ditch that support to go after the white van skilled working class folk outside of London.  Will they pivot to traditional labour?

Are they going to knock (or at least allow dissent on) trans gender discussion/identity politics in favour of drilling down on the NHS and housing.  

Are they going to listen to voters who are not in favour of immigration... or will they just call them racist?

They already have NHS workers, Woke folk and a a lot of ethnic minority voters so why rock the boat with them to get votes from the others?

The Conservatives have pivoted and now occupy the centre.  This pandemic will put the NHS and Housing top of the the menu and also cause an anti globalisation shift in some.

If they stay on their toes they should be able to keep on point and win the next election.  The one after is more dicey if housing is not addressed for demographic reasons.

Starmer is not the guy atm imho.

HOLA4415
4 hours ago, Bluestone59 said:

That's why he's housing minister.

He's got loads of houses so he must know a lot about them.

Am I right?

He is in a meeting.

Minister the country is ******ed.

We need to pass measures to tax property owners and spread ownership around.

box one good of the country screw his investments.

box two screw the country save his investments.

Which ones does he choose.............

Does having so much property mean he has a conflict of interests?

I have nothing against people becoming multi millionaire landlords, but they should sell the company if they want to be in charge of housing lest their judgement be clouded as they are working for the people and the people are not paying them as much as the investments in such cases.

Matthew 6:24 and all that

No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon (often swapped with money/wealth).

Edited by Fromage Frais

HOLA4416
6 hours ago, longgone said:

Love it so true. 

Was told by someone in the New Homes Industry that the developer they worked for looked at HTB people spending 600K on a tiny 2 Bed in Zone 2 as if they were in the Bargain Basement.

Also told me that a survey on HTB in London showed that there was just one developer in Zone 1 who had flats not above the threshold. 

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
5 hours ago, Si1 said:

I think in the aftermath of the pandemic Labour should win the next election.

Bit late now that Labour has been neutralised and a nice safe pro-banker leadership installed. Fair play to the elite, even in a multiparty democracy with free speech etc they successfully got the one alternative taken off the menu. They were sloppy letting Corbyn get so close to power, I'm sure they won't make that mistake again.

Edited by Dorkins

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
13 hours ago, Dorkins said:

Bit late now that Labour has been neutralised and a nice safe pro-banker leadership installed. Fair play to the elite, even in a multiparty democracy with free speech etc they successfully got the one alternative taken off the menu. They were sloppy letting Corbyn get so close to power, I'm sure they won't make that mistake again.

Funny how Corbyn has managed to not be antisemitic for quite a while now that the election is over.

HOLA4421

Even the Torygraph is on his case:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2020/04/10/robert-jenrick-pressure-quit-claim-mansion-family-home-called/amp/

Apparently his big mansion is not his regular family home at all.

My other concern is why isn't he in his constituency home, surely he needs to be there to support, you know, the people who voted for him?

HOLA4422
15 hours ago, Dorkins said:

If people wanted a Cabinet made up of more humble individuals they had the opportunity to vote for one in 2017 and 2019. No point crying about it now.

Indeed. And seemingly surprised at the government they will have got.

There may be a central shift...for a while. However once X Factor and Googlebox start up again we can get back to BAU and sort out the NHS and schools. More outsourcing to private firms own by establishment.

I would fully expect a 50% drop in house prices and would welcome it despite a great cost to myself. I am knowingly assured my wealth is protected by TPTB and don’t need to feel guilty and can sleep soundly at night knowing it’s what everyone else wanted. Appreciated.

Guess I swing from liberal views of looking after those unable to look after themselves to no tolerance to those who spoil it for the genuine (eg benefit fraud). Even the NHS has changed so much. Introduced it must have seemed like the greatest thing to help your family and preserve health and saving lives. Thing like a broken leg is no longer a killer.
However, last time I was in ER (last year after cracking my head open in a pavement, blood, ambulance and concussion) the waiting room seemed full of headaches, bad backs and a lady moaning why I was taken straight in. Paramedics exceptional, nurses beyond words, doctor simply reassuring and professional. I asked if ER was normally so busy....yep, same people, same stuff, same entitlement. 

Not sure where it leaves me politically...but I agree with your comment. Not sure either side offers a true alternative of genuine normal people. Amuses me that we are run by Etonians and people are surprised and are judgemental of MPs status. They can do want they want because that’s the type who we wanted to run things. Perhaps MPs should get £10k extra for working from home and reduced evidence needed (not sure why receipts evidence suddenly not required?). Oh wait, done that already. 

£10k...working from home ??

Edited by Pop321

HOLA4423

Jenrick's entry in the register of members financial interests make quite clear that a property in Herefordshire is owned for investment purposes not as an residence. 

6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year

A share in a house in Herefordshire: (i). (Registered 12 June 2015; updated 2 December 2015)

https://publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm/cmregmem/200330/jenrick_robert.htm

HOLA4424
2 minutes ago, The Preacherman said:

Jenrick's entry in the register of members financial interests make quite clear that a property in Herefordshire is owned for investment purposes not as an residence. 

He absolutely needs to resign.

HOLA4425