• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arpeggio

• Peter Hun

• Confusion of VIs

• Bruce Banner

HOLA442
7 hours ago, Megadebt said:

did warn you about those student union LSD trips?   :)

Ever wondered why Muslims rarely keep dogs? It's in the Koran_ dogs are unclean whereas cats are cool, Mo had a cat himself. 

Edited by debtlessmanc

HOLA443

We have turned into a nation of sheep, frightened and compliant! 

At least that's what BJ thinks of us.

I heard on the TV yesterday that BJ has remarked that he is amazed at how compliant the British people have been over the Covid regulations and hopes that we quickly regain our appetite for freedom and dare to leave our houses when the lockdown ends. Says it all really .........  baaaaaa

HOLA444
HOLA445
23 minutes ago, Bruce Banner said:

Eh?

I presume you have never looked into the last revelation? It proscribes everything, what pet you should keep, how hard to beat your wife, which hand to wipe your **** with the whole shebang, actually around 50% of the revelations concern what the prophet is entitled to do himself in person.

The Old Testament is as silly in parts mind.

Edited by debtlessmanc

HOLA446
1 minute ago, debtlessmanc said:

I presume you have never looked into the last revelation? It proscribes everything, what pet you should keep, how hard to beat your wife, which hand to wipe your **** with the whole shebang, actually around 50% of the revelations concern what the prophet is entitled to do himself in person.

Sure, I'm aware of all that, just wondering why you're posting it here, that's all 

HOLA447
1 hour ago, debtlessmanc said:

Ever wondered why Muslims rarely keep dogs? It's in the Koran_ dogs are unclean whereas cats are cool, Mo had a cat himself. 

There's a cartoon series somewhere in there.

HOLA448
14 minutes ago, Bruce Banner said:

Sure, I'm aware of all that, just wondering why you're posting it here, that's all 

Generally it's a connection to superstitious thinking and anti vax

but pig asserted that "spritiualism" was in a state of progression like science. I made the point that if you eliminated all the religious and science books the science ones would come back the same but the religious ones would be different, the dog/cat thing is the an example of something in a religion which is purely spurious. There are lots of others

is anti-vax spurious it has no scientific basis

try to keep up....

Edited by debtlessmanc

HOLA449
10 hours ago, Ah-so said:

The elderly have always played an important role in society, both as wisdom holders and child carers. And empathy is one of the things that have made humanity and incredibly successful species. Sociopaths (and you may identify as one) are unlikely to have a natural sense of empathy, but it is an important instinct in most humans.  

I have plenty of empathy for the young who have been totally screwed over by the baby-boomers. 

The whole lockdown episode was all about the boomers and protecting their position.

HOLA4410
8 minutes ago, debtlessmanc said:

but pig asserted that "spritiualism" was in a state of progression like science. I made the point that if you eliminated all the religious and science books the science ones would come back the same but the religious ones would be different, the dog/cat thing is the an example of something in a religion which is purely spurious. There are lots of others

try to keep up....

How rude!

HOLA4411
18 minutes ago, debtlessmanc said:

try to keep up....

If humans don't understand something at any one point religion and superstitions can fill the knowledge void.

1 hour ago, Bruce Banner said:

I heard on the TV yesterday that BJ has remarked that he is amazed at how compliant the British people have been over the Covid regulations and hopes that we quickly regain our appetite for freedom and dare to leave our houses when the lockdown ends. Says it all really .........  baaaaaa

I think a lot of people have been surprised by it (especially in winter 20/21) and how we adopted a China like society so easily.  There's lots of low level non compliance in secret though but publically say they agree with restrictions....echoes of religious hypocrisy.

HOLA4412
2 minutes ago, Bruce Banner said:

How rude!

That one went over my head too !  He's funny  :)   

In the absence of a Nobel Prize for comedy plus an encyclopedic knowledge of everything, maybe we should just stick to scratchcards and doing impressions?

yyyyyy betty...         I'll get my coat

HOLA4413
6 minutes ago, Megadebt said:

That one went over my head too !  He's funny  :)   

In the absence of a Nobel Prize for comedy plus an encyclopedic knowledge of everything, maybe we should just stick to scratchcards and doing impressions?

yyyyyy betty...         I'll get my coat

At the risk of being ridiculed for making things up again and also of identifying myself - I was on university challenge sometime in the last 10 years, on one of the distinguished alumni shows. Didn't get any laughs, did get £600 appearance fee though !

Edited by debtlessmanc

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
23 minutes ago, Megadebt said:

University challenge is dismal entertainment for me, just makes me feel so simple :(

Watch enough episodes and you'll sometimes get the answer before the teams do - gives you a fleeting sense of if not being such a dunce after all. 

HOLA4416
On 04/03/2021 at 20:34, markyh said:

Now you ruined this, being paid to lose weight? where do i sign, can use it to pay a nice hello fresh / Gusto subscription, take some fatbuster pills. But if i have to exercise, forget it, you healthies can lockdown six months a year to protect me. 

FT: Stark link between obesity and Covid deaths revealed

From the report (pdf):

Through detailed analyses of the latest peer- reviewed data, we demonstrate how overweight
is a highly significant predictor of developing complications from COVID-19, including the need for hospitalisation, for intensive care and for mechanical ventilation. Overweight is also a predictor of death from COVID-19.

Edited by Will!

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
On 04/03/2021 at 20:34, markyh said:

Now you ruined this, being paid to lose weight? where do i sign, can use it to pay a nice hello fresh / Gusto subscription, take some fatbuster pills. But if i have to exercise, forget it, you healthies can lockdown six months a year to protect me. 

You need to get down with the nice boys at the gym: 

HOLA4419
16 minutes ago, PeanutButter said:

10% of the NHS budget is spent on diabetes.

Diabetes and obesity are co-mobidities.

This is us 

I think 2000 AD comics reached a similar conclusion:

Leagueoffatties.jpg

1415032283455.jpg

hicklentonfatties.jpg

https://judgedredd.fandom.com/wiki/Fattie

Edited by Mikhail Liebenstein

HOLA4420
5 minutes ago, Mikhail Liebenstein said:

I think 2000 AD comics reached a similar conclusion:

Leagueoffatties.jpg

1415032283455.jpg

hicklentonfatties.jpg

https://judgedredd.fandom.com/wiki/Fattie

Old Telegraph article that looks to explain why the UK/US etc have become a national of fatties:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/science/science-news/3296662/When-DID-we-start-getting-fat.html

HOLA4421
3 hours ago, Bruce Banner said:

Clearly most, if not all, were smarter than he gave them credit for.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
1 hour ago, Mikhail Liebenstein said:

Old Telegraph article that looks to explain why the UK/US etc have become a national of fatties:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/science/science-news/3296662/When-DID-we-start-getting-fat.html

The post-war redevelopment of towns and cities to satisfy the demands of the automobile was much more extensive in the UK then anywhere else in Europe. The yanks already had a head start with their ring of suburbs + concentric zone models, inaccessible except by car.

HOLA4424
1 hour ago, Mikhail Liebenstein said:

First world problem where we have too much easy food and less reasons to move and be active, yet live to a ripe old age and then end up sitting ducks when nature throws us a curved ball.  

Even 30 years ago, if cv19 happened what would the west do if anything?

HOLA4425
58 minutes ago, zugzwang said:

The post-war redevelopment of towns and cities to satisfy the demands of the automobile was much more extensive in the UK then anywhere else in Europe. The yanks already had a head start with their ring of suburbs + concentric zone models, inaccessible except by car.

The yanks made jaywalking illegal at the request of big auto...https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-26073797