House Price Crash Forum

Do You Know Any People Who Are Almost Insane With Anger At The Brexit Referendum Result?

Si1

HOLA441
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

My colleagues 19 year old daughter was going mental at her mum last Thursday saying she must vote in - it is all lies - etc etc (I am assuming all from Facebook because she would never watch the news)

Mum voted out anyway (good work from me)

Daughter went berserk. Found out this morning that daughter didn't bother to vote herself.

HOLA443

My colleagues 19 year old daughter was going mental at her mum last Thursday saying she must vote in - it is all lies - etc etc (I am assuming all from Facebook because she would never watch the news)

Mum voted out anyway (good work from me)

Daughter went berserk. Found out this morning that daughter didn't bother to vote herself.

That seems to sum up the majority of facebook warrior young people, angry at others but did bugger all themselves.

HOLA444

I have a family member who lives in the UK as well although we are both from outside the EU. She is posting all these photos on Facebook0 that have the NHS workers holding up signs listing their nationalities. The captions always say something about how we will lose all this wonderful diversity. No one is going to be deported. And the absolute worst case scenario is that any new immigrants will have to go through the same visa process every other non-EU immigrant has been going through for years. Most of the NHS positions will probably end up on the shortage occupation list, so anyone working in these fields won't have to go through that process anyway!

I understand other people who haven't had to deal with the visa system not understanding how it works and posting this kind of stuff, but she's gone through the process four or five times. She knows the rules. Stop fanning the flames! Although she is obsessed with the idea of being "cultured" and "European" so she's been very distraught over how the UK has "embarrassed itself on the world stage". :blink:

HOLA445

That seems to sum up the majority of facebook warrior young people, angry at others but did bugger all themselves.

I thought the shock and horror at the Glastonbury festival was brilliant.

If the vote's that important, go to Glastonbury a day late and miss a few bands. Jeez.

HOLA446

Question. It seems I'm as old as most of your children. If you were my age do you think you would have voted the same as you did? Ie if you were 25.

I voted Leave but I'm betting a lot of you were as right on as your kids are back in the day.

HOLA447
HOLA448

One category I can think of is those EU citizens that are most affected, but weren't allowed to vote. This despite paying insane amounts of tax in this country and sometimes having lived here a decade or more......

btw) Obviously the same applies to British expats in the rest of the EU.

Well they can easily apply for citizenship once they have worked here for 5 years or more.

Source: I acted as sponsor for an Indian family, first the father who l had worked with for years, and then his wife and daughter who came over. She is a teacher iirc.

HOLA449

If 20,000 dentists, 30,000 opticians, 15,000 Chemical engineers, 40,000 teachers, 10,000 accountants 40,000 doctors, 30,000 structural engineers and enormous numbers of other professional/semi-professional people from Eastern Europe had flooded into the UK instead of car washers et.al.

I guess the result of the vote would have been startlingly diferent

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

Im insane with anger listening to all these losers whinging i bet 1/2 of them didnt even vote or learn anything about what the vote was about .

I still havent met a single person that wanted to vote remain. If i did i would probably cross them off my christmas list.

These useless politicians want to hurry up and Elect a prime minister and evoke article 50. Were not getting out quick enough as far as i am concerned.

Lets hope the rest of the EU comes tumbling down. Then each country can get its indentity back.

HOLA4412

My entire family, they personally accused me, with my single vote, of destroying their entire world and their children's world (even though they can apply for Irish passports). One, a rich but lifelong labour supporter, even said that democracy should be guided by those who know better than the proles when we complained about the non democratic EU. They avoided the uneducated and racist bit given I have a degree and am married to an Eastern European. Fun family lunch it was not.

That is why we are leaving the EU. In the last 25 years every time anyone has said "I don't like x about the EU" they have been insulted by the EU lovers.

A great way of polarizing the country. I wish the EU and our politicians had been wiser and that we were not leaving.

Sadly that was not a choice so I voted leave.

HOLA4413

In the last 25 years every time anyone has said "I don't like x about the EU" they have been insulted by the EU lovers.

Basically this. As Farage pointed out in the EU Parliament - they are all in denial. They just refuse to accept that there is any valid world view other than the one they themselves hold.

HOLA4414

I thought the shock and horror at the Glastonbury festival was brilliant.

If the vote's that important, go to Glastonbury a day late and miss a few bands. Jeez.

I voted leave via postal vote, a few days before Joe Cox's death and all the gushing that followed.

Not heard **** all about Joe Cox since the vote!

Many of my Facebook friends have been pretty negative, but its the comments from their circles of friends which I sometimes get to see, which paint all leavers as thick racists.

My vote was based on a fundamental lack of democracy, and equality in the EU, and a complete apathy to change.

My wife voted remain. She's chilled a bit now, but for a few days I got the full blame. People are idiots, bamboozled, not an EU issue but domestic issue. etc etc.

Personally, i am 100% happy with my vote. I am not happy about the complete lack of leadership in the country. And Sturgeon needs to STFU.

I'd like to see some trade discussions with Canada, and India taking place. Lets roll out the red carpet and get them over. Let the EU sweat on that.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

I do have a few academics as friends - TBH they seem to be the most distraught.

How about this behaviour. If I was dunking a jammy dodger into my tea and this happened, I would not be too pleased about it.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/2016/07/01/naked-don-a-cambridge-academics-protest-against-brexit/

What was that even meant to achieve?

Worst remoaner by far on my Facebook is also an academic. Told me I had blood on my hands for suggesting that petitions to overthrow the referendum results were silly, that the sky won't actually fall in and that anyone who hated the Poles today was unlikely to have felt differently last Wednesday.

HOLA4418

I do have a few academics as friends - TBH they seem to be the most distraught.

How about this behaviour. If I was dunking a jammy dodger into my tea and this happened, I would not be too pleased about it.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/2016/07/01/naked-don-a-cambridge-academics-protest-against-brexit/

That is deeply pathetic.

This is her website all about herself, written in the third person, for whatever reason

http://vnbateman.com/biography.html

HOLA4419
HOLA4420

I heard this second hand, so entirely anecdotal; on the night of the referendum result, a middle aged man came into our village pub later on in the evening and started having a go at people he overheard talking favourably about the brexit result. After a while, he was removed. At closing time, there was a police car in the high street and police manhandling the angry middle aged man and a local couple in their underwear. Apparently, the angry man had singled out the couple's house because they had an England flag in the window, got them out of bed and started a fight with the husband on their doorstep, which his wife joined in with on the street :lol: No idea who the angry remainer is.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
  • 4 weeks later...
HOLA4423
  • 3 weeks later...
HOLA4424

Hello all, sorry, missed this thread, but the title pretty much sums me up. I've been pretty much continuously livid, and I get angrier as the absurdity becomes more apparent. I haven't moved on, or got over it, although I see no easy way back now. I do see that we're in very deep trouble, but we're going to have to suffer it, and I feel angry as I would over any demonstrably poor decision, in proportion to the badness of the decision.

I live in London, from what I understand by "entitled" yes I am. (Although I stand to do quite well financially from the fallout of the UK leaving.)

HOLA4425