House Price Crash Forum

Brexit What Happens Next Thread ---multiple merged threads.

HOLA441
1 hour ago, thehowler said:

But I agree, I don't see a way out with the current MP numbers, which is why I think she'll go for a GE.

Conservatives had the opportunity to do that with the VONC. they decided against it as they know they will get pummelled at the ballot box.

HOLA442
1 hour ago, IMHAL said:

So now you can help me. Why do you keep calling me hairy when I haven't a clue who you are????

I think I am entitled to be suspicious of you when you open up with such a salvo, day 1.

Please put him in your ignore list, he's obviously a banned user who is violating forum policy with another identity.

HOLA443
Just now, Peter Hun said:

Conservatives had the opportunity to do that with the VONC. they decided against it as they know they will get pummelled at the ballot box.

Frankly, who could say? They are ahead in the polls. And Corbyn polls suggest he is registering all-time lows. 

HOLA444
HOLA445
10 hours ago, aheadofthecurve said:

That's not how a profit-making enterprise works. NHS can afford to be wasteful and slow (and hindered by bureaucracy) because it is government-mandated; if you earn over a certain amount you must pay. Private businesses (such as a private health insurance provider) have to be competitive and offer a great service because other health insurance providers will also be vying for your business.

And you're probably right there isn't a lot any newspaper can do for me - I don't particularly care what MSM has to say. All of them have an editorial slant and corporate interests to satisfy. I'd rather form my own independent opinions.

Healthcare should never be "for profit" , because at its most basic when you get as efficient as you ever can the only way you can then make a profit is to find reasons to deny treating people. Watch Micheal  Moores 2007 film "Sicko" for the mess that is the USA with a for profit shareholder based healthcare system. No thanks.

If we ever had private healthcare their must be a law passed saying all Private UK healthcare providers must be "Non-Profit" organisations that are overseen and regulated by a Government body , something like "OfHealth"". 

I don't see what is wrong with the system now, we all have free , high quality 1st world healthcare for part of out NI payment that no one misses as it's PAYE. The poor who don't work are taken car of via the money paid in by the working.  If you cant pay, slow but eventual is far far better than either "never" denied, due to cost, or constant delays and stalling to approving knowing you will die before your claim needs to be paid out on like in the USA. 

And like my Family, if you want choices and que jumping you pay for an additional private healthcare plan for you or your family and get treat asap privately. 

I don't want to get to retirement age knowing one major costly treatable health problem could bankrupt me as the health system will make me pay due to a policy £ Ceiling payout amount.

HOLA446
1 hour ago, localhero1983 said:

£10 for a packet of fags now?  f*** me

I have been stopped 15 years now, thank God

Just checked, £12 for a pack, yikes. Was £2.50 back in the golden age, £2 - £2.50 for a pint, everybody rented and didn't care about buying (why would you want to do that?) and still lived in Zone 2, you could park in Soho and the art galleries were empty.

HOLA447

MP's can cancel Article 50 with a simple majority.

Not just any old majority huh but a simple one no less. Terrifying. If you feel so strongly it will be cancelled put a few quid on it down at Betfair. They have it at 9/1 so they don't agree with you (nobody does really) but if you want to put your money where your mouth is go ahead and make yourself very rich :D

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
5 minutes ago, markyh said:

Healthcare should never be "for profit"

Didn't read the rest because of the absurdity of that statement there. You really expect Doctors/Surgeons/<other highly trained medical expert> to spend almost a decade of their adult life training in order to not be able to profit from that training?

HOLA4411
7 minutes ago, aheadofthecurve said:

you feel so strongly it will be cancelled

I never said it would, merely pointed out that there is nothing to stop a majority of MP's raising any demand on the government and forcing them to implement it. You will this process happening over the next few weeks, the government is powerless to stop it.

HOLA4412

I never said it would, merely pointed out that there is nothing to stop a majority of MP's raising any demand on the government and forcing them to implement it. You will this process happening over the next few weeks, the government is powerless to stop it.

Fair enough you just like to post unlikely outlying events for reasons. I expected more for you mate.

HOLA4413
8 minutes ago, aheadofthecurve said:

Didn't read the rest because of the absurdity of that statement there. You really expect Doctors/Surgeons/<other highly trained medical expert> to spend almost a decade of their adult life training in order to not be able to profit from that training?

Can you keep to the topic, 3000 pages is enough without this crap.

HOLA4414

Pressure mounting on Corbs over the 2nd ref after the VONC flop...the fence is wobbling for both May and Corbs.

Gruniad, ref only to this discussion...

Jeremy Corbyn could face up to a dozen resignations from the Labour frontbench if the party backs a second referendum as a way out of the Brexit crisis.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jan/17/corbyn-could-face-string-of-resignations-if-he-backs-peoples-vote

HOLA4415
56 minutes ago, Arpeggio said:

Maybe you missed earlier where I said the UKIP of 2015 would have had 80+ seats under PR.

At least you admit that. A shame you can’t also retrospectively say the same for joining the EU,  thus slightly validating your position on your views about leaving it.

If we had more democracy the above would be true, we wouldn’t be in the EU the way we are now and you wouldn’t be here telling us how democratic you are.

Your continuous personal attacks are pretty unpleasant. Please play the ball and not the man.

HOLA4416
Just now, aheadofthecurve said:

Fair enough you just like to post unlikely outlying events for reasons. I expected more for you mate.

100% certain it will happen, but you can make your own conclusion.

I don't know you, are you using a fake ID due to a previous ban?

HOLA4417
3 minutes ago, thehowler said:

Pressure mounting on Corbs over the 2nd ref after the VONC flop...the fence is wobbling for both May and Corbs.

Gruniad, ref only to this discussion...

Jeremy Corbyn could face up to a dozen resignations from the Labour frontbench if the party backs a second referendum as a way out of the Brexit crisis.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jan/17/corbyn-could-face-string-of-resignations-if-he-backs-peoples-vote

JC wants a chaotic BREXIT and he wants to blame the PM.

HOLA4418
7 minutes ago, aheadofthecurve said:

You can pay skilled people high wages and still operate not for profit, the NHS does, BUPA is a good example of a healthcare company with now shareholders that reinvests any profits into looking after it customers.

HOLA4419
17 minutes ago, thehowler said:

Just checked, £12 for a pack, yikes. Was £2.50 back in the golden age, £2 - £2.50 for a pint, everybody rented and didn't care about buying (why would you want to do that?) and still lived in Zone 2, you could park in Soho and the art galleries were empty.

Seriously the world has gone mad.

I am actually saving a fortune at the moment, off the Guinness and Malt Whiskey for 3 weeks so far, eating like a saint which is amazingly cheap, Lentil and chicken curry tonight with a veggie smoothie, Mmmm, bloomin lovely, and running and cycling are my hobbies at the moment, so no cost there, and of course I do not smoke.

HOLA4420
3 hours ago, ****-eyed octopus said:

I assume you are saying there was never no deal or WTO because MPs wouldn't allow it? Rather than being a logical impossibility.

There is no worked out "no deal". WTO is a framework not a deal. The WTO deal could takes years to negotiate, document and ratify. We don't know whether MP's would allow it because they had nothing to base a decision on. 

HOLA4421
14 minutes ago, aheadofthecurve said:

Fair enough you just like to post unlikely outlying events for reasons. ...

I don't know if to agree or disagree with your post.

Tory MP plans bill to make no-deal Brexit legally impossible

Soft Brexit cabinet ministers are quietly backing a parliamentary bid to make it legally impossible for the UK to leave the EU without a deal on 29 March, the Conservative MP behind the bid has claimed.

Brexit

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
13 minutes ago, Peter Hun said:

100% certain it will happen, but you can make your own conclusion.

I don't know you, are you using a fake ID due to a previous ban?

No this is my first and only account on this site. That's why you don't know me.

9 minutes ago, markyh said:

You can pay skilled people high wages and still operate not for profit, the NHS does, BUPA is a good example of a healthcare company with now shareholders that reinvests any profits into looking after it customers.

Size of wages is nothing to do with whether you profit. Profit is all about whether you pay out less than you take in. What do you have against those evil profiteers anyway? Do you make a profit from your job?

HOLA4424
HOLA4425