House Price Crash Forum

Brexit What Happens Next Thread ---multiple merged threads.

HOLA441
1 hour ago, aheadofthecurve said:

All sources seem to point to No Deal. Only thing that can prevent a No Deal now is for the EU to come back to the deal table cap in hand and plead the UK not to go through with it and offer significant concessions. Germany is on the brink of recession -- I suspect it is already deep in recession but has been cooking the books on previous quarters to strengthen the EU's hand -- and cannot handle UK tariffs for its car industry. Other EU nations will undoubtedly follow suit if the UK was to leave; especially Italy and Greece. With the HoC having full and complete confidence in the government the UK are in an incredibly strong position whereas the EU have never been weaker.

We look stunningly well prepared..

3500.jpg?width=1920&quality=85&auto=form

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
12 minutes ago, Dave Beans said:

We look stunningly well prepared..

I personally think we are very well prepared and in a good position to negotiate or just walk away. My spidey senses are tingling though and perhaps you're being merely sarcastic? If so, please do elaborate on your position of where you think our lack of preparedness is most apparent.

HOLA446
1 minute ago, aheadofthecurve said:

I personally think we are very well prepared and in a good position to negotiate or just walk away. My spidey senses are tingling though and perhaps you're being merely sarcastic? If so, please do elaborate on your position of where you think our lack of preparedness is most apparent.

Perhaps by planning what we wanted to do before triggering A50 would have helped.  But then your getting your beloved no deal, so you don’t really care a jot.

HOLA447
4 minutes ago, aheadofthecurve said:

Davis didn't have a bunch of papers in front of him, ergo not prepared is the logic I imagine.

Edited by cock-eyed octopus
clarity

HOLA448
23 minutes ago, Confusion of VIs said:

There is no worked out "no deal". WTO is a framework not a deal. The WTO deal could takes years to negotiate, document and ratify. We don't know whether MP's would allow it because they had nothing to base a decision on. 

But how many countries will we actually be trading with on WT0?

For example 5% of our exports, £19bn, go to Switzerland (our seventh biggest export market) and they have agreed a billateral trade agreement on the same terms as today...

HOLA449
21 minutes ago, aheadofthecurve said:

No this is my first and only account on this site. That's why you don't know me.

Size of wages is nothing to do with whether you profit. Profit is all about whether you pay out less than you take in. What do you have against those evil profiteers anyway? Do you make a profit from your job?

Healthcare should be Non Profit, meaning any small profits made are legally reinvested in the company to benefit the customers not pay dividends or bonuses to owners or shareholders, because the endgame of for profit Healthcare is denial of treatment to patients, take their money but find excuses to treat them until they die.

Just watch the 2007 film "Sicko".

HOLA4410
3 minutes ago, Dave Beans said:

Perhaps by planning what we wanted to do before triggering A50 would have helped.  But then your getting your beloved no deal, so you don’t really care a jot.

That was already planned and spelt out precisely in government documents provided to the electorate prior to the referendum. Did the newspapers tell you otherwise? How dare they have hoodwinked you, our good friend Mr Dave Beans, in such a devious manner. I for one will not deceive you in such a way.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
1 minute ago, markyh said:

Healthcare should be Non Profit, meaning any small profits made are legally reinvested in the company to benefit the customers not pay dividends or bonuses to owners or shareholders, because the endgame of for profit Healthcare is denial of treatment to patients, take their money but find excuses to treat them until they die.

Just watch the 2007 film "Sicko".

Ah I see so it's okay if it is "small profits". Well why don't you study and train for nearly a decade for "small profits"?

As for watching a film to understand your point. :D 

HOLA4413
41 minutes ago, thehowler said:

Pressure mounting on Corbs over the 2nd ref after the VONC flop...the fence is wobbling for both May and Corbs.

Gruniad, ref only to this discussion...

Jeremy Corbyn could face up to a dozen resignations from the Labour frontbench if the party backs a second referendum as a way out of the Brexit crisis.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jan/17/corbyn-could-face-string-of-resignations-if-he-backs-peoples-vote

But if he doesn't he is going against +70% of his party membership. He has tried the vote of confidence path and without Liberal support there is no point in trying again and Labour policy is to call for a second referendum. 

How does he now avoid going down that route?

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
5 minutes ago, GrizzlyDave said:

But how many countries will we actually be trading with on WT0?

For example 5% of our exports, £19bn, go to Switzerland (our seventh biggest export market) and they have agreed a billateral trade agreement on the same terms as today...

I don't know and neither do you, but I do know trying to cut and paste complex legal agreements never works.

Switzerland has talked about agreeing a bilateral, but as far as I know nothing has been done to confirm the details or to gain political support for it.  With the best will in the world its not going to happen by March.

The ticking is fading, if you think otherwise put a spread bet on the value of the £ on March 31 you could make a fortune. 

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
2 minutes ago, GrizzlyDave said:

No one can give a clear answer to what would be the question/choices on a second referendum.

Until a clear set of end state choices is agreed for the ballot, there is no point in a second referendum.

You comment could equally be applied to the first referendum. 

Assuming we have learnt from that, there are only two options Remain (Cameron's deal, if the EU agrees) and Leave (the WA).

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
2 minutes ago, Confusion of VIs said:

You comment could equally be applied to the first referendum. 

Assuming we have learnt from that, there are only two options Remain (Cameron's deal, if the EU agrees) and Leave (the WA).

???

This is the whole problem.

The WA is not an end state.

There isn’t a final Trade Agreement.

——

you could have:

Remain / EFTA

CETA / EFTA

Remain / WTO

All of these are clear end states. We need that agreed, before we can move forward.

tick tock.

Edited by GrizzlyDave

HOLA4421
2 hours ago, aheadofthecurve said:

...With the HoC having full and complete confidence in the government the UK are in an incredibly strong position whereas the EU have never been weaker. 

Really? :rolleyes: Total denial. Hey, remember me?

image.png.d7f62c3748d311ac3d0a9ba127e6a8b8.png

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425
3 minutes ago, GrizzlyDave said:

???

This is the whole problem.

The WA is not an end state.

There isn’t a final Trade Agreement.

——

you could have:

Remain / EFTA

CETA / EFTA

Remain / WTO

All of these are clear end states. We need that agreed, before we can move forward.

tick tock.

The WA opens the door to our future outside the EU whatever that might be. Just as Remaining does for inside the EU.

NB We cannot have WTO or CETA if we go down the WA route. 

Be careful what you wish for tick tock, tick tock, tick tock revoke.