House Price Crash Forum

Brexit What Happens Next Thread ---multiple merged threads.

HOLA441
5 hours ago, Option5 said:

Not really, she also said that the average German has never seen us as being a real part of Europe, more of an add-on. She said she always thought our hearts weren't really in it and that seems to be the general view. 

As a German, I used to live quite a few years in Britain, and it always struck me, how Britons did not seem to feel as being European. Maybe in Scotland it was different. So, I would support the Britain was not in it with their hearts notion.

7 hours ago, Option5 said:

I'm feeling the same level of humiliation as I do when we don't win the Eurovision song contest.

We had a doctor friend from Germany staying this weekend and asked her about the level of media coverage of Brexit. Apparently it's rarely mentioned, too busy with Merkel's attempts at forming a government, the rise if the right wing and immigration issues.

I think SpiegelOnline possibly regurgitates once a day the most important Bloomberg BREXIT headline, but not sure if anyone (but someone such as me with a personal connection) is interested at all. It really is a non-topic.

Edit: Point being: Yes, indeed, no one in Germany cares about Britain crashing out of the EU (and burning in the aftermath). 

Edited by Silverfinger

HOLA442

For all the commentators saying that the UK is isolating itself, denying chance of its citizens to work and live in the other EU countries, have you considered that, for the rest of the EU, the UK has always been the EU country to go and work in?

When the UK leaves, mainky the rest of EU will become a lot more isolated and inward looking.

In all my working life of 20 years, only Germany has generated job demand for other EUers to go for. And most did not bother as germany is considered a bit dull. And german laws, like the retail hours means a single person is never going to live outside the very large cities.

All French, Italian, Dutch, even Spanish, I know have always had the UK at the top of the list to work in. Mainly due to imoroving their English but also as the UK is the only EU country that creates jobs and is willing and accomadates non brits doing them.

HOLA443
10 minutes ago, spyguy said:

For all the commentators saying that the UK is isolating itself, denying chance of its citizens to work and live in the other EU countries, have you considered that, for the rest of the EU, the UK has always been the EU country to go and work in?

When the UK leaves, mainky the rest of EU will become a lot more isolated and inward looking.

In all my working life of 20 years, only Germany has generated job demand for other EUers to go for. And most did not bother as germany is considered a bit dull. And german laws, like the retail hours means a single person is never going to live outside the very large cities.

All French, Italian, Dutch, even Spanish, I know have always had the UK at the top of the list to work in. Mainly due to imoroving their English but also as the UK is the only EU country that creates jobs and is willing and accomadates non brits doing them.

It's not quite that simple Spy - look here:

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2016/08/these-4-maps-might-change-how-you-think-about-migration-in-europe/

HOLA444

Farage ‘had 12-year affair

He has been accused of hypocrisy after he reportedly lied about a 12-year affair with an aide. Mr Farage, 53, who is still an MEP, has spoken of the ‘betrayal’ of family values in Britain.

But Ms Fuller, 36, told the newspaper their affair drove her into mental illness and self-harm, causing her to seek therapy for a year.

She said: ‘Nigel and I both knew we had to keep quiet to save Brexit. We are both liars and hypocrites but the reason I had to lie throughout the years was that I didn’t want Ukip or the cause we were fighting for to be damaged. Metro

HOLA445
8 minutes ago, jonb2 said:

Id call crap on those figures.

Esp RepoIreland one. At best a lot if those brits will be irish migrants whove moved back.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/religion-and-beliefs/almost-one-in-eight-living-in-ireland-hail-from-abroad-1.2471339

Poland is listed as largest number.

HOLA446
10 minutes ago, spyguy said:

Id call crap on those figures.

Esp RepoIreland one. At best a lot if those brits will be irish migrants whove moved back.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/religion-and-beliefs/almost-one-in-eight-living-in-ireland-hail-from-abroad-1.2471339

Poland is listed as largest number.

Besides, its natural  for adjacent countries to swap citizens, esp with a shared language.

Its not natural to have a large number of people from 1000 odd miles away.

HOLA447
10 hours ago, jonb2 said:

think the same about leavers. I work with a lot of Europeans and love travelling. Mark Twain said it best:

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.”

JonB, you are one of the least intelligent on this forum, and that takes some doing my friend.

First you claim there will be better work oppprtunities in Europe? Are you serious? Why have 3m (probably nearer 6m) come to the UK? Why do 100,000s of Spanish work in the UK when all we send them are oldies with pensions?

If you really want to make it big then go work in corpoate USA or the mines of Canada and Australia. Germany might be attractive too if it weren't for the language barrier or the fact Merkel let in a million horny, young and uneducated migrants who'd happily rob you or attack your girlfriend.

Re Mark Twain's quote. Are you not aware that most of the world exists outside of Europe and is a damn more better value and more interesting to travel around? 

HOLA448
2 hours ago, pig said:

What are you talking about - does deregulating in desperation for a trade deal with the USA or similarly cannibalising the NHS sound like superficial short term change ?

As I've said heaven knows how many times now our government is just as big or a bigger problem, but realising that is no argument for remaining in the EU, but another problem that needs solving too.

HOLA449
2 hours ago, spyguy said:

The rest of the EU seem pissed that the U.K. is leaving, but now they want to move on. New immigration schemes will be put into place at some stage. I don’t see the U.K. becoming isolated in any real sense of the word, but I do think there will be severe economic consequences at the beginning.

Edited by Silverfinger

HOLA4410
46 minutes ago, Riedquat said:

As I've said heaven knows how many times now our government is just as big or a bigger problem, but realising that is no argument for remaining in the EU, but another problem that needs solving too.

You’re entirely missing the point (heavens knows how many times!). We won’t on balance ‘solve’ jack sh1t to do with the EU - that does not seem to have been the base motivation behind all this anyway.

This appears to be simply an attempt to lurch the UK into a Hard Right calamity - my prejudice of course as for Hannan,Gove Redwood and the rest of the loons it’s some sort of fecked up Utopia. Success for that lot is the British people losing sovereignty and being b1tched slapped by the EU across the pond to the US. Kind of like the last 4 decades but this time on Class A drugs.

Which um is weirdly favoured by Trump and merrily supported by Putin. Hey great minds think alike ?

HOLA4411

Farage ‘had 12-year affair

He has been accused of hypocrisy after he reportedly lied about a 12-year affair with an aide. Mr Farage, 53, who is still an MEP, has spoken of the ‘betrayal’ of family values in Britain.

But Ms Fuller, 36, told the newspaper their affair drove her into mental illness and self-harm, causing her to seek therapy for a year.

She said: ‘Nigel and I both knew we had to keep quiet to save Brexit. We are both liars and hypocrites but the reason I had to lie throughout the years was that I didn’t want Ukip or the cause we were fighting for to be damaged. Metro

A therapist helped this unfortunate lady get over having an affair with Farage for 12 years with only one year of therapy? Must be one awesome therapist.

HOLA4412
7 hours ago, Silverfinger said:

The rest of the EU seem pissed that the U.K. is leaving, but now they want to move on. New immigration schemes will be put into place at some stage. I don’t see the U.K. becoming isolated in any real sense of the word, but I do think there will be severe economic consequences at the beginning.

For the record- 2which i feel I have to put down regularly - I voted Remain.

It will be different. Countries do trade the most with the closest geographic countries.

As far as severe economic consequences, the relaity is that, for many reasons (mainly Brown), most working age adults are not directly exposed to economic realities.

Half working age fa,ilies with school age kids are on tax credits (benefits).

Another 30% work for the public sector.

Another 15% are on DLA.

When I look around for people, like me, who are working in the private sector trading and exporting with the wider world, we are really in an small  minority.

HOLA4413
12 hours ago, Confusion of VIs said:

If you had lived and worked in Germany you would know that is not true. They see the UK as their natural partners in Europe.  

I have lived and worked in Germany and I think the region makes a difference. I now work in a part that was East Germany up at the Baltic coast and the people I know there really don't see us as European. I imagine it could be different in other parts of the country just as opinions on Europe in the UK tend to be divided geographically.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
7 hours ago, highYield said:

A therapist helped this unfortunate lady get over having an affair with Farage for 12 years with only one year of therapy? Must be one awesome therapist.

That's right, lets be alpha male and attack the woman, not the man.  Whilst it takes 2 to have an affair, one seems to have been in control here and used that control wilfully.  

4 minutes ago, Option5 said:

Out of order

Au contraire O5, it's a badge of honour to be abused by the resident bot, means you've exposed a bug.  

Edited by HairyOb1

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
12 hours ago, ExiledMatty said:

JonB, you are one of the least intelligent on this forum, and that takes some doing my friend.

First you claim there will be better work oppprtunities in Europe? Are you serious? Why have 3m (probably nearer 6m) come to the UK? Why do 100,000s of Spanish work in the UK when all we send them are oldies with pensions?

If you really want to make it big then go work in corpoate USA or the mines of Canada and Australia. Germany might be attractive too if it weren't for the language barrier or the fact Merkel let in a million horny, young and uneducated migrants who'd happily rob you or attack your girlfriend.

Re Mark Twain's quote. Are you not aware that most of the world exists outside of Europe and is a damn more better value and more interesting to travel around? 

Matty. I looked on Robot Tinder or was it Grinder for Automatons and found you a date, you can thank me later:

https://imgur.com/gallery/5GIyWp4/

Edited by jonb2

HOLA4419
10 hours ago, pig said:

You’re entirely missing the point (heavens knows how many times!). We won’t on balance ‘solve’ jack sh1t to do with the EU - that does not seem to have been the base motivation behind all this anyway.

This appears to be simply an attempt to lurch the UK into a Hard Right calamity - my prejudice of course as for Hannan,Gove Redwood and the rest of the loons it’s some sort of fecked up Utopia. Success for that lot is the British people losing sovereignty and being b1tched slapped by the EU across the pond to the US. Kind of like the last 4 decades but this time on Class A drugs.

Which um is weirdly favoured by Trump and merrily supported by Putin. Hey great minds think alike ?

Pig. The far right wing Tories have probably been made a promise by shadowy organisations, these people don't do anything except for themselves after all.

I think this is probably what they are engineering

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Disaster-Capitalism-Making-Killing-Catastrophe/dp/1784781150

Privatise everything and I'll be alright Jack.

HOLA4420
10 hours ago, pig said:

Sure we will solve something by leaving the EU. We won't be stuck in that overly-political, overly-federeal-minded organisation any more. All this nonsense about the far right is just typical Remainer FUD. Your comments about Hannan etc. just illustrate my point about our own government also being an issue. Don't muddle the two and use problems with one to defend the other. It's either confusion of the issues or "I'm scared with our lot so I want to run and hide under Nanny EU's skirts", without looking too closely at what she's like.

HOLA4421
3 hours ago, spyguy said:

For the record- 2which i feel I have to put down regularly - I voted Remain.

It will be different. Countries do trade the most with the closest geographic countries.

As far as severe economic consequences, the relaity is that, for many reasons (mainly Brown), most working age adults are not directly exposed to economic realities.

Half working age fa,ilies with school age kids are on tax credits (benefits).

Another 30% work for the public sector.

Another 15% are on DLA.

When I look around for people, like me, who are working in the private sector trading and exporting with the wider world, we are really in an small  minority.

I know you have a hundred contract killers gunning for Brown Spyguy. But I have to say again the problem is not just his - it's the neo-liberalism started in the 80s which has wrought a massive hollowing out of everyday society. The UK's main industries are housing and zero-hour-contracts.

We have swapped ideas before - I think tax credits are just the prototype for basic income. I agree they should be reformed and tightened - but when you consider there are 10s of trillions of $$$$££££ hoarded offshore by less than a few hundred people - don't you think TCs are just a consequential flea on the hippo's back?

On the maps question - mine was better than yours. :P

Edited by jonb2

HOLA4422
21 minutes ago, Riedquat said:

Sure we will solve something by leaving the EU. We won't be stuck in that overly-political, overly-federeal-minded organisation any more. All this nonsense about the far right is just typical Remainer FUD. Your comments about Hannan etc. just illustrate my point about our own government also being an issue. Don't muddle the two and use problems with one to defend the other. It's either confusion of the issues or "I'm scared with our lot so I want to run and hide under Nanny EU's skirts", without looking too closely at what she's like.

Farage

Gove

Redmond

Hannan

Aaron Banks

Daily Mail

Telegraph

Farage in front of a bunch of immigrants. Daily Mail - Crush the Saboteurs. Gove - enough of experts (the first tenet of totalitarianism)

I am not sure how you define it - but it ain't left wing mate.

But not Boris - he's a one party man - him

HOLA4423
20 minutes ago, jonb2 said:

Farage

Gove

Redmond

Hannan

Aaron Banks

Daily Mail

Telegraph

Farage in front of a bunch of immigrants. Daily Mail - Crush the Saboteurs. Gove - enough of experts (the first tenet of totalitarianism)

Yep, the Eurosceptics in the Tory party are the more hard right leaning - usually the same people who are full on in favour of neoliberal ideals. UKIP are a right wing party.

HOLA4424
11 minutes ago, Futuroid said:

Yep, the Eurosceptics in the Tory party are the more hard right leaning - usually the same people who are full on in favour of neoliberal ideals. UKIP are a right wing party.

I think so too Futuroid. On fact I think the whole ideology of right and left wing has gone. It's just greed vs duty.

And here's more slime from both UKIP and the Tories:

http://courtnewsuk.co.uk/former-tory-mp-lied-voters-forged-signatures-ballot-papers/

What a playground the UK is for these people.

HOLA4425
13 minutes ago, jonb2 said:

Farage

Gove

Redmond

Hannan

Aaron Banks

Daily Mail

Telegraph

Frank Field

Tony Benn

Jeremy Corbyn

Michael Foot

Barbara Castle