House Price Crash Forum

Brexit What Happens Next Thread ---multiple merged threads.

HOLA441
12 hours ago, longgone said:

Honestly I have no idea, i probably put it down to the fact every company I have worked for ends up treating you the same in the end. Like you contracting was a possibility back then 350 per day was offered once but I decided to stay where I was. I tried many times to advanced to something else last time was a role for a storage engineer  with training in the USA for 3 months attended the interview and the guy basically said I see you dont have a degree do you think you could keep up with the other students.

Now tell me if I am wrong but surely they asked me to come in for a reason my cv never stated a degree so why bust my balls for 45mins over it.

Unless you suffer from poor mental health and a continual bleak outlook on life you would never understand even when in employment earning a wedge. ultimately it made no difference hence to me working or not does not matter it's just a gap filling exercise like everything else. I look at it this way at least i never topped myself. A lot of this explains my reluctance to risk what meagre money I do have.

Thanks for this reply. I think I do understand at least a little of what you describe. A close relative has had a very similar path through life and ended up in an out of low paid employment. In his case he having degrees and higher degrees didn't help. 

Edited by Confusion of VIs

HOLA442
HOLA443
11 hours ago, crouch said:

Nations have been co-operating for mutual advantage for hundreds of years.

The question is not whether tribalism prevents co-operation but whether supranational organisations deny basic forms of social organisation and can therefore be sustainable by denying those forms. All empires fail sooner or later.

Of course the term "basic" begs the question; but then so many things do.

The big questions Brexit will answer is - can an independent mid size country retain any influence at a global level, can it truly pursue an independent trade policy and can it secure win win deals when up against far more powerful countries and trade blocks.

HOLA444
11 hours ago, GrizzlyDave said:

Tribalism. 100%. And a clear example of jingoistic flag waving...

f-brexdeal-a-20181124.jpg

The hypocrisy of remoaners is unparalleled. Obsessed with flags. Obsessed with passports. Hugely intolerant.

Still grabbing the wrong end of every stick you find.

You need to look up the definition of Jingoism

The EU doesn't have a passport just an agreed format for member countries. After leaving we intend to retain the format apart from changing the colour, something we were always free to do.

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
7 minutes ago, Confusion of VIs said:

Still grabbing the wrong end of every stick you find.

You need to look up the definition of Jingoism

The EU doesn't have a passport just an agreed format for member countries. After leaving we intend to retain the format apart from changing the colour, something we were always free to do.

I know what jingoism means.

The word fits ultra remainers perfectly.

oh and here’s nice example of an ultra remainer obsessing over their EU passport.

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
1 minute ago, GrizzlyDave said:

oh and here’s nice example of an ultra remainer obsessing over their EU passport.

You clearly don't understand either the meaning of the word or that those protesters are protesting against it.  

Only one example of a Remainer getting it wrong. Take a trip to the DE comments section and you will finds hundreds of ignorant Leavers rejoicing in the forthcoming change to a new (Slovakian) blue French/Dutch made passport. 

HOLA4411
3 minutes ago, Confusion of VIs said:

You clearly don't understand either the meaning of the word or that those protesters are protesting against it.  

Only one example of a Remainer getting it wrong. Take a trip to the DE comments section and you will finds hundreds of ignorant Leavers rejoicing in the forthcoming change to a new (Slovakian) blue French/Dutch made passport. 

For 3.5 years EU flag waving remoaners have called brexiteers bigoted, racist, fascist, xenophobic, Nazi, Gammon. Oh the brexit voters will soon be dead. Let’s gas the leave voters (remember that one). If that’s not jingoistic behaviour I don’t know what is. 

There’s loads more examples on Twitter. EU super girl is well educated and young European of the year. An someone utterly brain washed

You stand for a national anthem.

The EU needs a true EU army.

The EU needs an Empire.

HOLA4412
2 minutes ago, GrizzlyDave said:

For 3.5 years EU flag waving remoaners have called brexiteers bigoted, racist, fascist, xenophobic, Nazi, Gammon. Oh the brexit voters will soon be dead. Let’s gas the leave voters (remember that one). If that’s not jingoistic behaviour I don’t know what is. 

There’s loads more examples on Twitter. EU super girl is well educated and young European of the year. An someone utterly brain washed

You stand for a national anthem.

The EU needs a true EU army.

The EU needs an Empire.

If you read the definition you would know that it isn't. 

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
2 hours ago, GrizzlyDave said:

Of course apparently according to her Russians, the Swiss, Ukrainians, Icelanders, Serbians, Belorussians, Azeris, Armenians, Albanians, Bosnians, Norwegians etc etc aren't Europeans (despite living on the European continent) either as they aren't EU 'citizens' and don't hold 'EU' passports.

And she of course has had the opportunity to exercise her freedom of movement rights for years - and still does for 12 months - so what is she still doing here? Although given many EU member states have youth unemployment rates of up to 33% she might struggle to find work unless she is highly skilled. Cos destroying the future of the youth of much of Europe via mass unemployment was seemingly a price worth paying to preserve German banks, the EU project and the Euro!

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
2 minutes ago, MARTINX9 said:

Of course apparently according to her Russians, the Swiss, Ukrainians, Icelanders, Serbians, Belorussians, Azeris, Armenians, Albanians, Bosnians, Norwegians etc etc aren't Europeans (despite living on the European continent) either as they aren't EU 'citizens' and don't hold 'EU' passports.

And she of course has had the opportunity to exercise her freedom of movement rights for years - and still does for 12 months - so what is she still doing here? Although given many EU member states have youth unemployment rates of up to 33% she might struggle to find work unless she is highly skilled. Cos destroying the future of the youth of much of Europe via mass unemployment was seemingly a price worth paying to preserve German banks, the EU project and the Euro!

She’s drunk the whole cup of kool aid and licked out every last drop.

HOLA4419
1 hour ago, dom said:

Anyone have a guess at what will replace the CAP? I live in a rural community (pro Leave, obviously!) but no one has a clue what's coming.

It's a bit weird because I know people who wouldn't have a viable business without the single farm payment.

The Shithole Counties will have to be subsidised by Greater London rather than the German taxpayer.

Edited by zugzwang

HOLA4420
3 hours ago, Confusion of VIs said:

.... Take a trip to the DE comments section and you will finds hundreds of ignorant Leavers rejoicing in the forthcoming change to a new (Slovakian) blue French/Dutch made passport. 

Could you provide a link. I continually see remainers claiming this, but never seen any leavers actually mention it.

HOLA4421
3 hours ago, GrizzlyDave said:

What about it?

You think that impacts his judgment on anti semitism?

The chief rabbi...

Corbyn's 'War Against the Jews' has gone on longer than the Final Solution.

So how come the police haven't fingered his collar?

Edited by zugzwang

HOLA4422

Not sure anyone has asked this question, but when should be considered the official Brexit celebration / commiseration day to be?

The day we voted in 2016?  The day after when the result was announced?  Dec 12th 2019 when the result was locked in?  Jan 31st 2020?  or when the transition period is complete?

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425