House Price Crash Forum

In Or Out?

Bossybabe

HOLA441

On the same day, (back along), that Osbo piped up that a brexit would harm pensions, the House was sitting debating how to move from RPI to CPI when calculating payments in future. Effectively reduing pensions, at least for those at Tata.

On the same day (today) that we are all told by the lefty remainers, that workers rights will be enshrined if we stay, Mike Ashley is asked to account for how a woman had her baby in a toilet at work becuase she was scared to go off sick.

Not a terrible amount to lose really Dave.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442

Hmmm. The best example in our lifetimes is the peaceful dissolution of the Soviet Union.

Above every great so called peacemaker I place Gorbachev....then the South African bloke (De Klerk....spookily similar in appearance).

Blessed are the true peacemakers.

Bang on.

HOLA443

I take a stoical view.

I'm in favour of Out, so if a Leave vote comes through I will be happy.

I believe however that most British people will vote to stay, or the vote will be fiddled somehow to ensure the result is Remain.

If that does happen, the good thing is that the systemic problems in the EU cannot be ignored forever and it will have to seriously reform itself or face collapse. I just hope it can happen relatively peacefully and without pan-European war.

HOLA444
If that does happen, the good thing is that the systemic problems in the EU cannot be ignored forever and it will have to seriously reform itself or face collapse. I just hope it can happen relatively peacefully and without pan-European war.

The EU has shown a blind, arrogant pig-headed attitude to any hint of much-needed reform. If it hadn't we probably wouldn't be talking about leaving.

HOLA445

The EU has shown a blind, arrogant pig-headed attitude to any hint of much-needed reform. If it hadn't we probably wouldn't be talking about leaving.

I agree. My point is that systemic problems within the EU means it will eventually face a stark choice of reform or collapse. So a 'Remain' vote will not, as some suggest, enslave us for an eternity within the dark heart of Brussels. The 'Death Star' is already showing signs of cracking up.

HOLA446

Very dodgy this deadline business.

Have they perhaps had a quick shufty at the early postal voting from around the country?

I cant bring myself to tune in to Radio 1 or any yoof programming, but might they be running wall to wall ads and "news features" to get the young remainers out?

And another question...Why are these young turkeys so determined to vote for Chrsitmas?

HOLA447

Have they perhaps had a quick shufty at the early postal voting from around the country?

I cant bring myself to tune in to Radio 1 or any yoof programming, but might they be running wall to wall ads and "news features" to get the young remainers out?

And another question...Why are these young turkeys so determined to vote for Chrsitmas?

Absolutely ******ing appalling behaviour to extend a deadline cos the system broke.

Speaks of failure at the highest levels.

Does HMRC system break on 31st January?

HOLA448

It is a bit suspect. Suddenly it is wall to wall trying to get everyone (young) to register. How convenient that the deadline was extended.

HOLA449

It is a bit suspect. Suddenly it is wall to wall trying to get everyone (young) to register. How convenient that the deadline was extended.

A bit suspect? A BIT SUSPECT?

If and it's a big if, the system broke and people lost out on 2 whole hours of registering from 10pm -> 12pm then give an extension of two hours. Not two bloody days!

So what difference you may ask?

They will have the demographic breakdown of who is registering (not guesses, real hard data) and will know how they will vote on average. It's a stitch up, plain and simple. If it was old farts registering to vote brexit then nothing would be done.

Vote_rigging_zpsdncsb4mz.jpg

HOLA4410

Completely agree it's a deliberate attempt to get as many in voters as possibly to support the government's own agenda.

That said, it is generally our kids who will live the longest with the repercussions of the outcome so they should all have a chance to have their say.

If they vote to cow tow under the shadow and command of a European government for the rest of their lives that's up to them.

Personally I hope they have a bit more dignity and self esteem than that.

HOLA4411

Completely agree it's a deliberate attempt to get as many in voters as possibly to support the government's own agenda.

That said, it is generally our kids who will live the longest with the repercussions of the outcome so they should all have a chance to have their say.

If they vote to cow tow under the shadow and command of a European government for the rest of their lives that's up to them.

All valid points. It's not the right to vote that's the problem, it's the extending the time to get more of the 'right' type of voters to register. It stinks!

You can dress up the vote rigging however you want, but it's still vote rigging. What about me and my views i'm 45 and this is the first time I've ever been asked. Who's giving a f**k about that? Do I get extra votes for having to live under the EU without ever being asked?

No. I thought not.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

As well as our own, and all the other top European politicians queuing-up to persuade us to stay in, so are the most powerful and wealthy on this planet - from Obama to the Chancellor of Japan, and every one else in-between.

That this bunch of criminals want me to vote to stay in just strengthens my resolve to vote "leave".

The entire elite are shitting themselves, and the power of the voter right now has never been as stronger since the Jocks bottled their chance last year.

Don't make the same mistake as Jockland, and don't waste your last chance to stop this bunch of freeloaders - you and your children will not be offered such a choice ever again...

XYY

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

This vote extension thing is very dodgy. Plenty of notice was given, talk a bout changing the rules at the last minute.

Like steppenpig I have a sneaking suspicion that have of these late entrants won't actually bother to vote.

It does make you think though how we look down on germandering in developing countries, when it is becoming more and more part of our elections, truly depressing.

HOLA4417

cow towing

11-05-13-lexus-is-f-hauling-plastic-cow.

or kowtowing?

20130615_blp504.jpg

sorry to be pedantic

HOLA4418
HOLA4419

The EU is already setting itself up as a super state...with an unelected leadership.

It has: A Central Bank, lawmakers, borders, local government.

It is about to get: A security force.

It is not far from being a state.

That neatly encapsulates my concerns.

I suspect that younger people tend to be more pro-remain because it's a long time since World War II, during which we saw what one megalomaniac can do when given power.

One Central Bank = one organisation in ultimate control. One person with overall responsibility for that = one person running all the countries that share the currency.

Not necessarily directly; it isn't running Greece. Not *technically*, of course. However the end result is the same.

We might not be able to be forced to join the single currency (though I've always said that there will come a day when we will do exactly that) but we could be put in a position where remaining out of it, while remaining in the EU, becomes impossible.

It won't happen *directly*, of course. But at some stage it will "be to our advantage". Which put the other way around, can be expressed as "remaining outside of it is now untenable".

Coming back to younger voters: I can't quote a statistic, it's just a suspicion - I suspect that more younger people are left-wing. I recall Owen Jones writing a piece bemoaning the fact that as people get older they tend to become more right-wing and asking why this is so.

It might have been Hitchens who politely attempted to explain that "it's because they grow up".

I didn't live through World War II. But I do read history and have a basic comprehension of psychology.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422

Just saw a quick piece on TV. Had various people from a town asking basic questions that they would like answered.

Young bloke "I don't see why immigration is a problem - and don't see how being in or out of the EU would affect immigration"

******ing hell. These people are voting. I know it's democracy and there's probay not a better option but lord.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424

I'm voting leave due to never having a vote on the major two treaties signed by our politicians. Voting to remain will be seen as ratification.

I'm more pro EU but the project is badly run and out of control. The only option I have is to vote for leave. However what ever the vote we'll remain.

HOLA4425

As you get older you just realise that many people are ***** and get far more cynical about everything.

As you get older you realise than your youthful optimism of not everyone being a **** is unfounded and in reality lots and lots of people are *****.

Archived