House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bossybabe

In Or Out?

I'll be voting for "out", and I'm sure it will make very little difference. Although I do want a high level toilet flush with enough gallons in it to deal with "dificult turds", and a very high powered vacuum cleaner that breaks EU rules. I have one already, and I'm not changing it for a Dyson.

Out.

There are enormous economic and political problems building up, so even it we exit the EU we're in for a hard time. However, I think things are far more likely to be positively resolved if we're outside the EU.

... Although I do want a high level toilet flush with enough gallons in it to deal with "dificult turds"...

I'm glad I'm not the only one having this problem. Since replacing my toilet with a new one I'm having to flush 2 or 3 times before things clear! Must use more water than the old one!

.... I do want a high level toilet flush with enough gallons in it to deal with "dificult turds",...

I think the EU is one of those difficult turds. We will have to break it up with the bog brush before it will go round the U-bend.

Still I'd rather flush it than have to swallow it. I'm out!

The whole EU toilet specs just sum up the EU perfectly. Ideas over practicality, regulations over products that actually work.

All I would like to know is where, if staying in the EU it will be taking us?....what is the ultimate game plan?........when they tell us that I can then make a decision about whether I want to go there. ;)

How does it work if you are from say Poland, already settled here, and you know that the more waves of migrants that come over the less secure your job is, or that if the inevitable collapse happens there will be a mass exodus from Spain etc. (more than even now) to make your job less secure. Voting out if you get leave to remain is surely the best option?

So why is HPC so anti-EU on average?

Actually I am all for the EU......only problem being I do not know what, and who, or will be the EU. ;)

How does it work if you are from say Poland, already settled here, and you know that the more waves of migrants that come over the less secure your job is, or that if the inevitable collapse happens there will be a mass exodus from Spain etc. (more than even now) to make your job less secure. Voting out if you get leave to remain is surely the best option?

Afaik, EU citizens living in the uk do not get to vote so your point is moot.

Yep, I am actually pro the concept of the EU but I am against the lack of democratisation, against mass immigration and islamification and against the fact that the likes of Belgium, Luxembourg benefit enormouslly out of it in terms of very well paid, well pensioned civil service jobs.

The idea that tens of thousands of unelected people in Belgium and Luxembourg are having very nice lives making rules up for the rest of us is madness - you try and go buy an affordable house in Luxembourg - as they tend to be some of the most unimaginative minds on the planet.

Out.

There are enormous economic and political problems building up, so even it we exit the EU we're in for a hard time. However, I think things are far more likely to be positively resolved if we're outside the EU.

I'm glad I'm not the only one having this problem. Since replacing my toilet with a new one I'm having to flush 2 or 3 times before things clear! Must use more water than the old one!

I had a six flusher in work the other day. I doubt that helped in anyway to reduce water usage, or make the economy more efficient.

The EU have destroyed my toilet!

Yeah, it's bolloxed up my mental image of the forumites.

I thought everyone here was invested in international equities rather than houses, generally had internationally marketable skills, and travelled often and widely. Turns out you're all a load of out of work labourers wishing the Romanians would piss off back home so you can go back to work in the fields.

I think it's because we were mostly paying attention to the financial crisis, and the fact that it's never really gone away. They've just put toilet paper on top of the turd.

If you think we can really enter into Gordon Brown's "no more boom or bust" fantasy then an economically integrated EU that will never fail economically makes perfect sense.

I think the boom and bust cycle is inevitable (because of failings of human nature). So I'd rather see lots of independent countries, whose economies can capsize and make a splash in turn, than tie all of the boats together and wait for the big one.

One of the key benefits of having lots of different countries is that you've got somewhere else to go when TSHTF.