House Price Crash Forum

'unprecedented Leak' Exposes How The World's Wealthy Use Off-Shore Shell Companies To Hide Their Wealth

HOLA441
  • Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

It is all very well to say that he's paid up all the taxes due, but the fund during that time wasn't paying taxes in the UK. The evidence shows that the fund wasn't being run solely from the Bahamas, but was being managed from the UK. This makes it liable to pay taxes in the UK on its profits. He earned more from the fund dividend than he should have. Furthermore, the fund was worth more on sale than it should have been.

Beyond this - I don't know why we should believe anything he's saying about his financial affairs - it has taken a week to squeeze this out of him. Who knows what else there is going on...

And even beyond this - what about his dad? How big was his estate? How much of it was made from bogus offshore trusts - both being paid to run them, and how much did he make himself? How much money did DC inherit that he shouldn't have?

Edited by dgul

HOLA443
HOLA444

That David Cameron and his family have been dragged into the affair is clear evidence that The Establishment and The CIA are out to Get Them.

So long as he goes around opposing brexit (no matter what he's actually working for), they're out to get him.

Its interesting how big the part of the UK is in this. Most of the business dealings of this company were done through tbe UK. This makes the UK the biggest facilitator of corruption in the world now.

The City of London as the world's financial centre is essentially the last remnant of empire. It was amazingly clear looking on from 1990s Italy when mass corruption there was being revealed. Brits weren't better, we just do corruption differently and more carefully.

and you did PPE at Oxbridge,

PPE is a degree at one particular university that churns out a disproportionate number of politicians and civil servants. You might study similar material elsewhere, but you wouldn't be in the hothouse atmosphere of aspiring rulers.

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

It is all very well to say that he's paid up all the taxes due, but the fund during that time wasn't paying taxes in the UK. The evidence shows that the fund wasn't being run solely from the Bahamas, but was being managed from the UK. This makes it liable to pay taxes in the UK on its profits. He earned more from the fund dividend than he should have. Furthermore, the fund was worth more on sale than it should have been.

Beyond this - I don't know why we should believe anything he's saying about his financial affairs - it has taken a week to squeeze this out of him. Who knows what else there is going on...

And even beyond this - what about his dad? How big was his estate? How much of it was made from bogus offshore trusts - both being paid to run them, and how much did he make himself? How much money did DC inherit that he shouldn't have?

Indeed, a person whose "earnings" are not taxed has a 30% advantage over everyone else...

very similar to the advantage BTL borrowers have over everyone else....and we all know what that does to everyone else.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

This hoo-haa about off shore tax havens is ridiculous.

The MPs have made an untaxed, unearned fortune from London property.

Well, I suppose. But:

• The MF offshore funds were undertaking activities which where illegal.
  • It is DC's sheer hypocrisy about preaching the badness of tax avoidance while taking part in it himself. A bit like a person saying 'these slumland landlords are a stain on our lovely society and they have to go' while wallowing in the millions made by his property mogul dad who created an empire in rented housing unfit for human habitation whilst knowingly employing people to beat up those in arrears, and having sold his own slum properties several months before becoming PM only because he was advised it would look bad if it came out.

HOLA4413

I've decided I'm going to take his Brexit leaflet, write on it in big black pen "Cameron you're a disgrace" and send it to 10 Downing Street.

Now, it would be good if we could get a few million more, that would be funny.

It would be more rewarding to roll it up and deliver it personally, but since that's not a viable alternative I'll join you in redirecting mine to No 10.

HOLA4414

I've decided I'm going to take his Brexit leaflet, write on it in big black pen "Cameron you're a disgrace" and send it to 10 Downing Street.

Interestingly there is a petition about these leaflets and it has now reached over 100,000, so it will have to be considered for a debate.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/116762

I wonder if these leafelts will of already been sent out before this though?

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

While London house prices may soar to dazzling heights, homeowners in the rest of the UK have only seen a modest increase in value since the depths of the recession.

The first question for these homeowners is whether the Panama Papers will accelerate central Londons downward house price dip.

And the second is whether, once again, what happens in central London will echo round the country - and perhaps reverse those small gains.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/money/how-panama-papers-could-rock-7709871

Edited by Barnsey

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420

Signed.

Above 120,000 now.

The numbers signing this are mounting quickly, reached over 124,000 now.

The Express says it was "astonishing" how it got to over 100,000, especially as most signed within 24 hours.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/659106/EU-referendum-petition-protest-David-Cameron-Government-pro-EU-leaflets-9m

I wonder now how many are going to turn out for the protest outside Downing Stret tomorrow?

HOLA4421
HOLA4422

West Bay Street, Nassau. The street in the Bahamas that Ian Cameron submitted as his 'usual residential address' in company accounts for Blairmore Holdings in 2006.

http://uk.businessinsider.com/ian-camerons-part-in-blairmore-holdings-2016-4

baystreet_shops.jpg

To be honest that could be any street in any Carribean Capital which is visited by cruise ships.

Roadtown BVI for example is wall to wall banks, diamond and emerald shops and financial advisor's.

HOLA4423

Well, despite the Panama story being broken everywhere with pictures of Putin, it seems to have damaged other leaders far more.

Whether people generally dislike Cameron or not I can't say, don't spend much time in the UK. He's always seemed a bit lightweight and ineffectual to me to inspire much more than indifference. But certainly the element of hypocrisy is there.

The guy in Iceland looked pretty silly. And even the staunchest, Government supporting Ukrainian papers are attacking Poroshenko.

While Cameron doesn't yet look embattled, it comes ahead of a referendum he may lose and an unpopular decision to commit taxpayer money to favour his views. Taken together his position could become untenable?

HOLA4424

The numbers signing this are mounting quickly, reached over 124,000 now.

The Express says it was "astonishing" how it got to over 100,000, especially as most signed within 24 hours.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/659106/EU-referendum-petition-protest-David-Cameron-Government-pro-EU-leaflets-9m

I wonder now how many are going to turn out for the protest outside Downing Stret tomorrow?

Well it's a great story for opposition voters to rally round.

Presumably people who voted the conservatives in understand this is par for the course for these people? Indeed there will also be a fair few opposition politicians up to the same.

Also ironically, would be increasingly tough for the Guardian to stay out of the paywall without some tax 'efficiency' ?

Edited by pig

HOLA4425