House Price Crash Forum

'fergus Wilson -Selling Semis And Putting Up Rents'-- Merged Threads

HOLA441
3 hours ago, Little Professor said:

An update today:

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/ashford/news/landlady-in-hot-water-as-judge-forces-her-to-reveal-wealth-in-boiler-row-193219/

Judith lost the court case and then defied a court order to fix the boiler of her disabled tenant. Now she has to hand over details of her financial assets and income (including any joint accounts) so that the court can impose a suitable punitive fine. Should make interesting reading if her financial situation is made public.

Once again Fatty threatens to sell up in retaliation:

The ruling will “accelerate the rate” tenants are evicted as the couple look to sell up their housing empire, Mr Wilson said.

“Let’s see what happens with the fine, but it means we will be selling more properties," he said.

"We were selling up anyway because of our age - I could drop dead tomorrow.

“We won’t put all the homes on the market at once because that would mean house prices will drop.”

Is this a game on propertytribes??

fergus says.....

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
1 hour ago, Man of Kent said:

Splendid post on the Nearly Legal blog.

They've spent so many years telling everyone how rich they are, nobody's going to believe them if they say they can't afford an eyewatering fine. You'd have to have a heart of stone not to laugh.

Someone who was on Sunday Times Rich list should definitely be able to afford a massive fine.  Although I suspect "was" is a key word there, as somehow that position did not account for their massive debt.

I can't wait for that disclosure, the tide might be going out sooner than I expected..

HOLA447
8 hours ago, Bear Hug said:

Someone who was on Sunday Times Rich list should definitely be able to afford a massive fine.  Although I suspect "was" is a key word there, as somehow that position did not account for their massive debt.

I can't wait for that disclosure, the tide might be going out sooner than I expected..

I'll be over the moon if it turns out the Wilsons  were swimming naked. Just don't post any pics ?

HOLA448
9 hours ago, Bear Hug said:

Is that a kind of margin call?

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
18 hours ago, Bear Hug said:

A fine of fifty quid would be hilarious. Squeaky bum time for their lenders.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
1 hour ago, Ah-so said:

What sort of fine are we talking about? It isn't quite one of those house of horrors places that you sometimes read about where the fines are really big. 

£20k perhaps? 

I think/hope they will get the book thrown at them. They have absolutely no excuse for not getting it sorted. 

They cannot plead poverty. The judge has already said that the fine will take into account their circumstances.

I really think they have to make an example of the Wilsons as the case is being followed by landlords and tenants alike; and they are not exactly strangers to the legal process or controversy...

IMHO it has to be £50k+

Also, have they actually been ordered to fix it (again)? 

HOLA4416
10 hours ago, Aidan Ap Word said:

And I didn't even know about this one till today (via wikipedia citation).

In a parting shot to the court, where Wilson has appeared regularly for hearings in evictions, he said he was heading into retirement and that “I don’t know what you will do without me”.

charming attitude.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
23 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Fergus is outraged that someone might threaten a lettings agent. For some reason he can't find the space in his post to mention his own conviction for assaulting a letting agent.

Powerty118 should really consider editing all the ramblings that tend to appear in their "Readers Question".  Although, if they were to cut out all the nonsense, they will have nothing but adverts left.

HOLA4420
3 hours ago, Bear Hug said:

Powerty118 should really consider editing all the ramblings that tend to appear in their "Readers Question".  Although, if they were to cut out all the nonsense, they will have nothing but adverts left.

Despite the efforts of Fergus and Co, P118 continues to decline

According to Hypestat:  property118.com receives about 1,550 unique visitors and 2,015 (1.30 per visitor) page views per day which should earn about $9.75/day from advertising revenue. Estimated site value is $5,496.32.y

NB That page count continues to  a) decline and b) look fishy, views per visitor is much too low, almost as if someone with little or no IT knowledge had written a script to generate views.   

HOLA4421
37 minutes ago, Confusion of VIs said:

Despite the efforts of Fergus and Co, P118 continues to decline

According to Hypestat:  property118.com receives about 1,550 unique visitors and 2,015 (1.30 per visitor) page views per day which should earn about $9.75/day from advertising revenue. Estimated site value is $5,496.32.y

NB That page count continues to  a) decline and b) look fishy, views per visitor is much too low, almost as if someone with little or no IT knowledge had written a script to generate views.   

It would probably be half that if it wasn't for the visitors from HPC

HOLA4422
2 minutes ago, Bear Hug said:

It would probably be half that if it wasn't for the visitors from HPC

If you assume that the average real visitor makes 4 pages views and the script generates 1 page view per visitor, that implies 90% of the unique visitor count is coming from scripted hits (10% real visitors, would result in the average 1.3 page views per visitor found by Hypestat)

So only 170ish real visitors 

If half of the real hits are from HPC you are down 85 visits from BTL types. 

Still sounds a bit high to me.

HOLA4423
On 19/11/2018 at 20:11, Man of Kent said:

Fungus has treated Property118 readers to his pearls of wisdom in a post that isn't exactly designed to endear him to the judge.

A weird, incoherent post. The average readers of that site must be scratching their heads trying to gather some context. The man appears to be losing his marbles. 

And despite the fact that he is Britain's best known landlord, it hardly gets any comment at all. 

HOLA4424
3 hours ago, Ah-so said:

A weird, incoherent post. The average readers of that site must be scratching their heads trying to gather some context. The man appears to be losing his marbles. 

And despite the fact that he is Britain's best known landlord, it hardly gets any comment at all. 

Probably because hardly anyone is reading the site.

HOLA4425