House Price Crash Forum

Ukip Unveil First Mp

TheCountOfNowhere

HOLA441

That's right.....if you want to live there and you are below retirement age you need to have health insurance cover. Or covered under their system if you have a EHIC card and are on short holiday break. http://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/Healthcareabroad/EHIC/Pages/about-the-ehic.aspx .

Free = Emergency treatment as far as I know and minor stuff like stitches for a cut or resetting a limb.

If you have a major disease such as HIV or cancer you are expected to have insurance cover to meet the costs (or for UK citizens return home)

For most UK citizens even the big stuff would not normally be a problem as they will have travel insurance. (if visiting) and have (if resident) the option of taking out medical insurance or returning to the UK.

The issues revolve around the likes of Oleg and Manuel who never having previously visited the UK contract something serious then travel here for the purposes of free treatment and circumvent 'the identifiable purpose' requirement by applying for (and not necessary getting) a couple of jobs.

All detailed here.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/254530/ovs_visitors_guidance_oct13a.pdf

The stark fact is the system is abused widely pretty much everyday, if Farage and his mob are prepared to actually do something about that he deserves support.

• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

No i think you should take care of yourself by buying some travel insurance if you are just a visitor.

Why should the Spanish taxpayer cover the costs for British expats and people who fall ill?

Because that benefits everyone. That's the whole point of reciprocal arrangements.

If you visit Birmingham and have a heart attack are you saying they should refuse to treat you if you're from Bristol?

HOLA443

http://

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2788725/do-die-tories-poll-test-cameron-told-win-voters-rochester-election.html

Cameron told he MUST win back voters in Rochester by-election

David Cameron is under intense pressure to crush Ukip in next month’s Rochester by-election after senior figures in his own party blamed him for the Eurosceptic party’s surge

Sources at Tory HQ said they were now planning to recruit Labour and Lib Dem voters – who strongly dislike Nigel Farage – to vote Tory in a ‘keep Ukip out’ campaign in Rochester, where former Conservative MP Mark Reckless has also defected to Ukip.

It'll be interesting to hear what "promises" they come out with now to try to "crush" UKIP.

Maybe more Help to Buy and QE policies as they've been so successful in improving the Conservative's (and LibDem's) popularity.

Maybe the Conservatives will be recruiting Labour and LibDem voters to vote for them at the general election as well :rolleyes: Does "recruit" mean they're going to pay them to vote Conservative.

Edited by billybong

HOLA444

I think its a good idea that Carswell should answer the question posed to him, rather than scuttle away and not want to be caught holding a different view to his new leader.

Its a fascinating dynamic, cause Carswell is in the house of Commons. Farage probably wont want to take a salary cut and give up his MEP benefits by leaving Brussels.

I think its a good idea that if I fall ill in France, Spain etc I can be treated for free yes. Dont you?

Depends on if health care is paid for through tax or insurance. If say the French had their health care based on insurance and people in France didn't bother paying it and just nipped over to Britain when they got ill then no. It would be OK if you were ill in France for the French hospital to send the bill to the NHS or the NHS to send a bill to the French insurance company.

HOLA445

I think Farage's point was He didn't want the NHS to be a free service for everybody in Europe. So do you think it's a good idea that if anybody in Europe falls ill can come to the UK and be treated for free?

Doesn't quite happen like that. Only in the world of UKIP.

My parents moved to France. They had extensive treatment thanks to the excellent French health service. Just remember all the aging Brits that move to France and Spain. Or remember, that you might need treatment if you fall ill yourself while on holiday.

NHS picks up the bill. Pick up forms from the Post Office when visiting.

But yes lets play 'Little Englander Rentiers' selling and renting overpriced shitholes to each other. UKIP would love that.

Edited by aSecureTenant

HOLA446

Because that benefits everyone. That's the whole point of reciprocal arrangements. If you visit Birmingham and have a heart attack are you saying they should refuse to treat you if you're from Bristol?

Jesus even my ex couldn't twist what i clearly wrote to come up with your response.

HOLA447

Doesn't quite happen like that. Only in the world of UKIP. My parents moved to France. They had extensive treatment thanks to the excellent French health service. Just remember all the aging Brits that move to France and Spain. Or remember, that you might need treatment if you fall ill yourself while on holiday. NHS picks up the bill. Pick up forms from the Post Office when visiting. But yes lets play 'Little Englander Rentiers' selling and renting overpriced shitholes to each other. UKIP would love that.

youre the something for nothing family, no wonder you worry about other people no longer subsidising your family. Maybe us evil little englander taxpayers are fed up with everyone holding their hand out.

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

However, having emigrated from UK, he'll no longer be UK's problem.

I'll welcome who wants to come here and "BE BRITISH". If you don't want that, don't come here!

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

UKIPs full manifesto will not be published until next spring, in the meantime here is a list of policy announcements made at this years conference .

http://www.ukip.org/policies_for_people?utm_campaign=preview_policy&utm_medium=email&utm_source=ukip

Something in there for pretty much everyone. Clearly not all will agree but some sensible policy in there which will make things better for everyone and disperse the propaganda and racist tone a few people on this site like to spout.

HOLA4413

What is "British"? And I don't want the abridged Pin-world version.

As a brief aside, I was in Sacramento in the summer and happened across a baked potato shop. Their way of trading was to sell spuds from around the world ie a Greek baked potato had feta, olives, cucumber and tomatoes with it. There was a good country list and the UK option was a baked potato with curry sauce :lol:

HOLA4414

youre the something for nothing family, no wonder you worry about other people no longer subsidising your family. Maybe us evil little englander taxpayers are fed up with everyone holding their hand out.

Seeing as both are dead, it won't be a problem for you anymore, you prize ****

HOLA4415

Brits abroad get the same treatment as the locals are entitled to. The cost is met by the NHS for those who are over retirement age. If those over retirement age lived in the UK they would still be a cost to the NHS and add extra to hospital waiting lists and clog up doctor surgery waiting rooms. Maybe that is what UKIP types want along with UK residents travelling abroad not having access to health cover when travelling in the EU. Perhaps they could to go to Clacton instead for their holidays to be with their mates.

HOLA4416

Brits abroad get the same treatment as the locals are entitled to. The cost is met by the NHS for those who are over retirement age. If those over retirement age lived in the UK they would still be a cost to the NHS and add extra to hospital waiting lists and clog up doctor surgery waiting rooms. Maybe that is what UKIP types want along with UK residents travelling abroad not having access to health cover when travelling in the EU. Perhaps they could to go to Clacton instead for their holidays to be with their mates.

So that's what you're getting so hot under the collar about, afraid you might have to pay for health insurance when travelling in the EU?

Oh, and what exactly is a "UKIP type"?

Edited by Bruce Banner

HOLA4417

Like thousands of other ex pats I would probably have to come back to the UK for 6 months a year to clog up the doctors surgery, add to the waiting lists and outbid a first time buyer for a 2 bed cottage by the sea.

btw UKIP type = something between the Harry Enfield Tory boy character, Mr Angry from Steve Wright in the afternoon and Vicky Pollard from Little Britain. Take your pick.

Edited by campervanman

HOLA4418

However, having emigrated from UK, he'll no longer be UK's problem.

I find it slightly ironic that those who say "I hate immigration" or something similar down those lines then actually become one when they move abroad. I think its great that I could pop on to a flight to Germany, get a job, and the contributions that i've paid in, in the UK, can be carried across to another country. A friend of mine has been living in Holland for a few years, and has recently been made redundant. His UK NI contributions can go against the Dutch dole.

As for health care, I thought that if you've got a E111 card, you can claim free health care in any participating country.

Edited by Dave Beans

HOLA4419

Like thousands of other ex pats I would probably have to come back to the UK for 6 months a year to clog up the doctors surgery, add to the waiting lists and outbid a first time buyer for a 2 bed cottage by the sea.

btw UKIP type = something between the Harry Enfield Tory boy character, Mr Angry from Steve Wright in the afternoon and Vicky Pollard from Little Britain. Take your pick.

+1

HOLA4420

So why should I be paying for you health care. People living in Britain have to pay VAT council tax fuel duty to pay for the NHS why don't you pay for your health care needs in your new adopted country?

HOLA4421

I find it slightly ironic that those who say "I hate immigration" or something similar down those lines then actually become one when they move abroad. I think its great that I could pop on to a flight to Germany, get a job, and the contributions that i've paid in, in the UK, can be carried across to another country. A friend of mine has been living in Holland for a few years, and has recently been made redundant. His UK NI contributions can go against the Dutch dole.

As for health care, I thought that if you've got a E111 card, you can claim free health care in any participating country.

maybe so, but most other EU countries have a "contribution" based system

that meaning you get absolutely feck all if you haven't put a minimum 12 months stamp into the pot.

I haven't got a problem with immigration either, as long as:

a) they are skills we need, without displacing indigenous jobs

B) concern is taken to make sure that such immigrants do not pose a health,security, or demographic(or political) risk.

most northern EU countries are not a problem,neither are anglo-saxon countires.

latin america/eastern europe(and isreal) are in the "yellow zone"..generally nice and not a threat,but should still only be considered on H1B basis.

middle east/asia- critical skills visa ok- same as above,

pakistan,iraq,most of middle east..critcal refugee or exceptional talent only..10 year probation before citizenship.

HOLA4422

UKIP type? Party members maybe. The majority of UKIP voters in Clacton and Middleton appeared to be solid working class stock to me. Traditional Labour voters I'd have said, on the whole.

HOLA4423

that meaning you get absolutely feck all if you haven't put a minimum 12 months stamp into the pot.

B) concern is taken to make sure that such immigrants do not pose a health,security, or demographic(or political) risk.

latin america/eastern europe(and isreal) are in the "yellow zone"..generally nice and not a threat,but should still only be considered on H1B basis.

pakistan,iraq,most of middle east..critcal refugee or exceptional talent only..10 year probation before citizenship.

What are "skills we need without displacing indigenous jobs"? Eastern Europeans are happy in earning minimum wage for 5 years, sleep 10 to a room in disgraceful conditions, and then go back, where they can live like kings for the rest of their life. British people wouldn't put up with that, but as long as you can get a cabbage 20 or 30p cheaper, then thats the main thing.

HOLA4424

I do not know a single UKIP voter who is remotely like any of the above.

Is it impossible for you to support the status quo without resorting to ad hominem insults against those of us who desire change.

HOLA4425

Stop invading & colonizing their countries and drone bombing their kids and they won't come here.