House Price Crash Forum
TheCountOfNowhere

Ukip Unveil First Mp

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-29549414

"

UKIP gains first elected MP with Clacton win"

Maybe they need to start listening to the people. Stop the immigration. Stop spending money abroad. Stop spending money. Cut taxes. INvest in real jobs,. Stop the corruption.

There were 2 by elections last night, the 2nd result was VERY close:

But in the end, with a 36% turnout,

Labour's Liz McInnes got 11,633 votes - 41% - with

UKIP's John Bickley gaining 11,016 - 39%.

Guess who's party did pretty bad...as the proclaimers might say..Lib Dems no more.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

OK so they now have as many MPs as the Respect party, and the Greens. Astonishing given the relative difference in coverage.

I expect they will have many many more after the next election.

People have no choice now but to vote against the banker puppet parties.

You could well be right - but part of me wonders if the tail is wagging the dog here. Are they becoming a new force in politics because the demand is there for what they offer, or is it simply they are getting a disproportionate amount of coverage compared to other tiny parties?

I wondered the same when the BNP had their brief spurt of popularity a few years back.

The stop spending money abroad argument is an interesting one as I wonder if the Ebola outbreak changes that dynamic a little. Surely, more effective to help try and contain the outbreak overseas than only seal ourselves off the outside world and wait for it to creep ever closer to our borders (even if it were possible)?

Edited by StainlessSteelCat

It’s going to be the most exciting General Election in my lifetime.

Thanks Nigel

And you can rely on my vote.

The fear in the establishment and organised, controlled media is pure music to my soul.

Again, thank you Nigel.

Wasn't Farage a commodities trader in a former life?

Make no mistake, I dont think UKIP Mps would be any different that the lot we have there at present.

However,...if the sheeple vote en-masse for someone other than the big 3 parties then the men behind the government know that we are all disgruntled with the status quo and policy will have to shift. I'm sure they know the next step after people voting UKIP is more and more people votiong "extremist" parties followed by people rebelling.

I dont intend to be in the UK when people really start to get angry

Make no mistake, I dont think UKIP Mps would be any different that the lot we have there at present.

However,...if the sheeple vote en-masse for someone other than the big 3 parties then the men behind the government know that we are all disgruntled with the status quo and policy will have to shift. I'm sure they know the next step after people voting UKIP is more and more people votiong "extremist" parties followed by people rebelling.

I dont intend to be in the UK when people really start to get angry

I see above that you say you want to "stop immigration" in your post above...however, isn't that what you'll become if you leave the UK?

http://order-order.com/2014/10/10/your-by-election-results-in-full/

Douglas Carswell (UKIP) 21,113 (59.75%)
Giles Watling (Con) 8,709 (24.64%)
Tim Young (Lab) 3,957 (11.20%)
Chris Southall (Green) 688 (1.95%)
Andy Graham (LibDem) 483 (1.37%)

Heywood and Middleton:

Liz McInnes (Lab) 11,633 (40.9%)
John Bickley (UKIP) 11,016 (38.7)
Iain Gartside (Con) 3,496 (12.3%)
Anthony Smith (LibDem) 1,457 (5.1%)

UKIP lost Heywood and Middleton by 617 votes, voting Tory let Labour in…

My large....

Guido nails it...

The Heywood result is far more significant than Clacton which UKIP were expected to win...

Expect some sort of gentlemen's agreement between Farage and Cameron. Tories to stand down in safe Labour seats giving UKIP a clear run at Labour for not putting up some candidates in questionable Tory seats.

What the UK needs is a real alternative to 35 years of heading in the wrong direction. UKIP is not that.

It's the only current alternative with a cat-in-hell's chance of being in government, so until something better comes along UKIP have my vote.

He's a stockbroker's son as well. 100% establishment.

It's the only current alternative with a cat-in-hell's chance of being in government, so until something better comes along UKIP have my vote.

Sadly this is true.

Instead of 3 parties with the same big business/banker/establishment serving parties rules our lives, we'll have 4 !!!

I've said before that UKIP is the last hope for the British people and democracy in the country. If UKIP fail the British people there will be a LOT of trouble if you ask me.

In simple terms, a vote for UKIP is a vote against uncontrolled immigration. Whether this is true or not, the other parties have a history of ignoring it, claiming it's much smaller than it is, claiming it's the EUs fault, etc,etc ad naus.

The rise of UKIP does not represent 'rise of the right' so much as 'fed up with these bunch of incompetent liars that have been screwing us around since the 60s'

Milliband in his recent conference speech never even mentioned Immigration let alone the deficit. Pretty much lets carry on as before.

Anyone who votes Labour needs their bumps felt.

The fact that UKIP is regarded the only realistic alternative to what currently exists is a sad reflection of what the UK has become. A real alternative needs to be a bit more than just appealing to the worst prejudices of labour voters in Labour seats and Tory voters in Tory seats. Scapegoat politics will not produce any positive change.

The fact that UKIP is regarded the only realistic alternative to what currently exists is a sad reflection of what the UK has become. A real alternative needs to be a bit more than just appealing to the worst prejudices of labour voters in Labour seats and Tory voters in Tory seats. Scapegoat politics will not produce any positive change.

I agree with you 100%.

It shows what a bad job your generation has done.

"...........appealing to the worst prejudices of labour voters in Labour seats and Tory voters in Tory seats"

Predictable anti UKIP drivel :rolleyes:.

Do you deny that UKIP change their policies on an almost daily basis to meet the needs of the seat they are fighting. It will be interesting next May to see how UKIP reconciles the need to appeal to the prejudices of both the far right and the far left. At some point they are going to have to choose.

Just because they want us out of your precious EU and they want to reduce immigration to levels prior to 1997, that's why you dislike them. But UKIP's rise is a direct result of Labour and the Conservatives constantly ignoring the will of the people, who have never yet voted on the EU or on the Labour social experiment.

I think the 2nd result (Heywood) is actually more shocking and impressive. Labour will be shitting themselves if that is what happens in a supposedly safe seat in the space of 4 years. Not particularly a UKIP fan but I think it is great that the status quo is being shaken up. Too much arrogance and complacency and too much sucking up to the 1% rather than the people they are supposed to represent by the other parties. Interesting times....

What Labour social experiment?

The one where a Labour junior minister let slip that their open doors immigration policy (and numerous amnesty's) was a plan to gerrymander their vote. I think the sentence contained the words 'keep the Tories out forever'.

I am not a great fan of UKIP but what is the alternative?

With the first past the post system there is no point voting Green. I do intend to vote Green in the local elections and if they get a good result I will vote for them in a general election.

The three main party's are the 1% who's only interest is making the 1% richer. I think the tory's are more left wing than Labour they increased the amount that someone can earn before paying tax from £6.500 to £10,500.

Labour giving people more than the average person earns in benefits was plain ridiculous.