House Price Crash Forum

Poor Old Tulisa To Sell House

longgone

HOLA441
HOLA442

In recent court proceedings, there was this... so maybe it's more of a getting humbler decision to sell, than a financial one.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/new-homes-for-sale/property-44058197.html

Contostavlos, who wore tight black trousers, a black top and black jacket, was forced to disclose her address to the court after her solicitor applied for it to be withheld to prevent 'unwanted visitors'.

But chief magistrate Howard Riddle ruled 'the address must be given' after considering the application with representations from prosecutor Emma Scheer and members of the Press.

The singer told the court: 'Just to let you know, after it being read out, in the next month or so I might have to move to a new address.'

Wed, 13/02/2013

Look! It's Tulisa's new £6million mansion in Hertfordshire! There's a telly in the bath!

Back in November, Tulisa Constantbumplops from off of the X Factor and the N-Dubzes bought a big house in Hertfordshire for loads of millions of pounds. Since then, the house has been a hot topic here at Holy Moly Towers, as we've tried to imagine what possible haven The Female Boss would deem acceptable, and now we know, because we've looked at the pictures.

So, either Tulisa Candyflosstoss paid £4.5million for a £6million house, or she paid £6million for a £4.5 million house.

Either way, look, we've done some maths and we reckon Tulisa can't be worth much more than £3million, which is still a fabulous amount and, you know, well done and that, but look, is it really wise to tie yourself to a gigantic mortgage when everyone knows the fickle nature of fame? It's as yet unknown whether she'll be back as an X Factor judge, and we'd not be surprised if she was dropped. Surely it would have made more sense to just buy a nice, but considerably cheaper, place that offers security, rather than a house that could easily turn into a bottomless pit of despair. One need only look to Martine McCutcheon to understand that fame and money aren't exactly permanent fixtures.

But, you know, what do we know? We all still live with our parents. It's pretty sweet: there's no telly in the bathroom but there's always Yazoo in the fridge.

http://www.holymoly....telly-bath65948

"It's all a big game. I call the industry a big fat ugly cow," the former N-Dubz singer said on our video.

And Tulisa insisted she was desperate to move on from the fame X Factor had brought her.

She added: "I want to get out of that. I want to get away from that.

"I'm kind of like almost gagging for an opportunity to go. I don't want to do that any more — but I have a £6million mortgage to pay."

The Sun. 6 June 2013

July 2011: Asking price: £5,950,000

http://www.zoopla.co...l9-6nh/15035922

It would be funny if the agents and developer bumped the asking price back up the day they heard Tulisa wanted to view.

HOLA443
She added: "I want to get out of that. I want to get away from that.

"I'm kind of like almost gagging for an opportunity to go. I don't want to do that any more — but I have a £6million mortgage to pay."

Weird, why can I imagine that so vividly?

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

In my opinion, her mansion is awful, by the looks of the photos, it looks cold and unfeeling. The marble hallway looks like a lobby of an office building. I'd hate to live there.

I think it looks fantastic, I'd love to own it - but I'm about £4m short :(

About the same as she was when she bought it actually.

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

In my opinion, her mansion is awful, by the looks of the photos, it looks cold and unfeeling. The marble hallway looks like a lobby of an office building. I'd hate to live there.

X

...not a home I would yearn after.....but like all homes it depends who also lives there......not a place to live solo, needs a few friendly people to fill it. ;)

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

X

Agreed: cold, sterile, ghastly Wag-palace stuff.

In any case marble does not suit Northern European climates. Wood is so much warmer , both to look at and to touch.

HOLA4415

No comments at that link, nobody gives a F*uck any more. I would have that big white house, plenty of space, you could turn the guitar amps up to 11 and nobody would need to know.

Would much have preferred them to build at least 5 - 6 houses on the site. Perhaps a row of tall terraces. Or two rows. All the extra council tax for Gov. Then also having some neighbours to look out for one another, and each other's houses whilst away.

As far as I can tell a developer bought a large old house, built back in the day such large houses didn't have as many anti-social terraforming implications, and built a mcmansion on the site. Planners in my area have long been more amenable to applications for £1m+ mansions than allowing a number of smaller houses to be built on a site. Oblivious and protected by HPI forever.

26 Mar 2008 Detached, Freehold £1,900,000

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
  • 9 months later...
HOLA4420

I wonder what she'll end up selling it for.

£4.2 million, it seems.

Don't know how that compares as uncertainty around what she paid for it - I suspect she took a loss though. Hope there are fewer £3M+ mansion hunters out there from here on in

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/house-prices/detailMatching.html?prop=45331789&sale=51396545&country=england

HOLA4421

£4.2 million, it seems.

Don't know how that compares as uncertainty around what she paid for it - I suspect she took a loss though. Hope there are fewer £3M+ mansion hunters out there from here on in

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/house-prices/detailMatching.html?prop=45331789&sale=51396545&country=england

I suspect she never bought it. She only rented it but BS'd abut buying it. Like many of these junior pop starletsmandntheir wealth... It is rented for the duration. Owner/developer was quite eased some mug was paying top rent in the market and hopefully some fame/notoriety would rub off and he'd see a few more quid/less of a loss

HOLA4422