House Price Crash Forum

The Bubbly Bitcoin Thread -- Merged Threads

HOLA441
HOLA442
4 hours ago, Data Dave said:

Was having a chat with a neighbour at the weekend, an over the fence type one, no knowledge of crypto what so ever [and I doubt any explanation from me filled that knowledge gap!] but he said something off the cuff so interesting I thought I would share.

He said it sounds like the most peaceful revolution in the last few thousand years. Everything is digital so why not a currency or store of value. The banks and fractional lending have been around so long with the same model its surprising anything took this long to offer any real, lasting competition. And what had 'us youngsters been up to'! 

The bit that really got me was 'peaceful', I suppose its rare that any model that so contrives the other [?] has co existed next to it? We have, in the past, tended to see revolution as over throwing of systems whether thats financial, governance, political and social with changes to rights etc.  

Who here sees Cryptographic's as a complete over haul of the old? My minds not made up...

Dave

Analog is over, everything is being digitised. It was only time before it hit the antiquated financial industry.  

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
On 19/03/2021 at 23:46, Buffer Bear said:

MS was definitely interviewed and referenced the deal but I can't recall in which video.  I view many.

@warpig This is a very good interview too and worth watching full. Seems Foss is also a Saylor fan.  Don't worry, you haven't missed out.  44:02, "it's happening..." In his view you, “it’s inevitable that if you own zero bitcoin right now, you are taking extreme amounts of risk.”

The problem with all of these videos is they're echo chambers... The discussion would be furthered if the interviewer actually challenged some of the things they say... :( Oil priced in BTC... deluded... 🤪

HOLA446
HOLA447
On 20/03/2021 at 07:03, Glenn said:

I think Saylor must spend all his time either buying bitcoin or ramping bitcoin in long interviews.

I wish I knew someone who worked at MicroStrategy. I'd love to hear if they still produce anything of value or if they truly have morphed into a straight bitcoin hedge fund media machine?

HOLA448
HOLA449
On 17/03/2021 at 23:20, Confusion of VIs said:

Not surprising they are following the Tesla playbook to the letter. Probably be buying Bitcoin soon. 

It had a decent dividend a couple of months ago but not now and if they want to hold onto those gains they need to split off the EV division. That would be worth some serious money.   

They don't have a EV division. Its split by models.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
4 hours ago, Confusion of VIs said:

In reality they do, the split is mainly branding. 

If they separated it off it would be worth far more than VW is today. 

VW is going to be worth a lot more if the Tesla sheep get on board. Certainly they will be taking market share from some legacy competition.

Splitting is not nessasary, it implies there is something different between electric and ice.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
On 22/03/2021 at 23:35, warpig said:

The problem with all of these videos is they're echo chambers... The discussion would be furthered if the interviewer actually challenged some of the things they say... :( Oil priced in BTC... deluded... 🤪

And that is why I still read, more broadly.  The problem is the alternative narrative is not compelling.  

17 hours ago, dugsbody said:

I wish I knew someone who worked at MicroStrategy. I'd love to hear if they still produce anything of value or if they truly have morphed into a straight bitcoin hedge fund media machine?

The money earned from software solutions etc is use to purchase Bitcoin.  Read the most recent report.  The message is v clear. Saylor has 70 odd percent of votes and at least one other partner is v close to him so they work in tandem.  Why do you think he remains in control of his company?  He structured it this way. Too clever by half.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422

Looked into it further seems to be us only for now, not that it maters says no model s available till 2022 here 🤨

What countries support Bitcoin payments?
We are only supporting Bitcoin for customers in the continental United States. We will consider expanding into new markets in the future.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
33 minutes ago, yelims said:

Looked into it further seems to be us only for now, not that it maters says no model s available till 2022 here 🤨

What countries support Bitcoin payments?
We are only supporting Bitcoin for customers in the continental United States. We will consider expanding into new markets in the future.

It doesn’t matter anyway - would you seriously buy one with BTC rather than just getting rid of fiat?

The symbolism of it is more important. 

HOLA4425