House Price Crash Forum

The Bubbly Bitcoin Thread -- Merged Threads

HOLA441
HOLA442
5 minutes ago, jiltedjen said:

i sold most of my holdings to lock in my profit i now cant lose!. I think i sold above the new higher low when it does eventually pop. It will pop and not quickly hit 1m a BTC in this cycle even being very bullish that's madness.

I do fully expect a huge % of the recent investors who have clearly been panic buying, to equally panic sell in a few months at large losses. I have seen it several times before in previous cycles. But of course some rare true holders will also be born in the flames of a crash. 

I set up a small DCA on the basis that for most of the time the DCA is going it will be picking up the lows when the next four year cycle starts. 

I think the peak may be between now and October this year, If i had to guess the peak would be £65k a bitcoin, low after the crash maybe around £15-25k a BTC.

The bigger worry would be that in the next four year cycle it might not be against such a positive backdrop for Bitcoin, Bored home workers, Stimulus Checks,  etc. But the next ATH after this one could be around £150k

But who knows! 

Perhaps the new ALT happening at the moment followed by correcting will shake out the weakest of hands.  

I'm taking a 10 year view on Bitcoin.....

HOLA443
23 minutes ago, warpig said:

£1m/BTC 😲 Do you really think BTC will rise by 2,381% from the current price?

Its a case of when not if. It cannot fail to do this eventually assuming fiat money printing continues at the current pace, so if you think it wont then you need a plausible scenario for this.

The issuance rate of fiat is exponential, the issuance rate of bitcoin is logarithmic, to paraphrase the fictional engineer on the titanic  "... its a mathematical certainty". 

Edited by goldbug9999

HOLA444
HOLA445
17 minutes ago, markyh said:

For every seller there has to be a buyer, if no one was on the bid side, the price would quickly drop to zero. 

Bitcoin needs about 45 $million a day inflow to maintain price parity (current issuance is 900 btc/day). This sounds like a lot but it is for example about 1/10th of the inflow gold requires to do the same.

Edited by goldbug9999

HOLA446
HOLA447
30 minutes ago, jiltedjen said:

i sold most of my holdings to lock in my profit i now cant lose!. I think i sold above the new higher low when it does eventually pop. It will pop and not quickly hit 1m a BTC in this cycle even being very bullish that's madness.

I do fully expect a huge % of the recent investors who have clearly been panic buying, to equally panic sell in a few months at large losses. I have seen it several times before in previous cycles. But of course some rare true holders will also be born in the flames of a crash. 

I set up a small DCA on the basis that for most of the time the DCA is going it will be picking up the lows when the next four year cycle starts. 

I think the peak may be between now and October this year, If i had to guess the peak would be £65k a bitcoin, low after the crash maybe around £15-25k a BTC.

The bigger worry would be that in the next four year cycle it might not be against such a positive backdrop for Bitcoin, Bored home workers, Stimulus Checks,  etc. But the next ATH after this one could be around £150k

But who knows! 

Perhaps the new ATH happening at the moment followed by correcting will shake out the weakest of hands.  

Sorry but you are massively, MASSIVELY underestimating this bull run. 

HOLA448
31 minutes ago, jiltedjen said:

But who knows! 

Perhaps the new ATH happening at the moment followed by correcting will shake out the weakest of hands.  

Something is coming... the price action in BTC has been exceptional when measured against other asset classes... it's normal for extended price action to correct. I personally think you got out at the perfect time... but of course I could be wrong. Having said that I still haven't bought (cue you will never buy replies)... I'd like to see a correction... a reasonable correction... to usher in normality to make this more sustainable. Exceptional rises are ordinarily followed by exceptional declines... Until normality is restore - I'm out... but still want in, but only at the right price.

HOLA449
2 minutes ago, warpig said:

Something is coming... the price action in BTC has been exceptional when measured against other asset classes... it's normal for extended price action to correct. I personally think you got out at the perfect time... but of course I could be wrong. Having said that I still haven't bought (cue you will never buy replies)... I'd like to see a correction... a reasonable correction... to usher in normality to make this more sustainable. Exceptional rises are ordinarily followed by exceptional declines... Until normality is restore - I'm out... but still want in, but only at the right price.

You should have bought in at $17K when myself and @markyh advised you. Now you are stuck on the sidelines desperate to buy in at $39K.

HOLA4410
32 minutes ago, Pup said:

If things stay as they are then the ONLY solution (IMHO) for governments around the world are more printing which means at least two things:

1) House prices (and other assets) are going to keep going up - and there will be lots more inequality in the world

2) Bitcoin will keep rising...... 

I agree with point 1... more money causes purchasing power diminishing marginal returns, which is effectively inflation. Assets will continue to rise whilst supported by demand. Point 2 is open to debate... it certainly won't be a straight line, so don't invest too much if your investment horizon can't tollerate the volatility. You should also have an exit plan and that shouldn't be driven purely by price.

HOLA4411
3 minutes ago, warpig said:

what you seem to ignore is the btc 4 year cycle, this may help you. of course you could be right but on the other hand... Compare where we are in the current cycle to previous cycles.

HOLA4412
34 minutes ago, goldbug9999 said:

Its a case of when not if. It cannot fail to do this eventually assuming fiat money printing continues at the current pace, so if you think it wont then you need a plausible scenario for this.

The issuance rate of fiat is exponential, the issuance rate of bitcoin is logarithmic, to paraphrase the fictional engineer on the titanic  "... its a mathematical certainty". 

New currencies are en route...

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
27 minutes ago, goldbug9999 said:

********. Money is being continuously destroyed at the same time as it's being created. It's open question whether Bitcoin has any enduring utility beyond the go-go junk bond status it currently enjoys.

HOLA4416
5 minutes ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

You should have bought in at $17K when myself and @markyh advised you. Now you are stuck on the sidelines desperate to buy in at $39K.

Not desperate... The big multiples you've seen since Q4 2020 are already in... to get 100% return on my money from today, BTC would need to hit $110K+. I can get 300% plus gains from other assets... I'm already positioned. I would however like to play the BTC game for a while. BTC is also the more interesting investment class out there at the moment, so even if I never get in, it's an education.

HOLA4417
1 minute ago, warpig said:

Not desperate... The big multiples you've seen since Q4 2020 are already in... to get 100% return on my money from today, BTC would need to hit $110K+. I can get 300% plus gains from other assets... I'm already positioned. I would however like to play the BTC game for a while. BTC is also the more interesting investment class out there at the moment, so even if I never get in, it's an education.

Fair enough. I'd like to see you get some skin in the game one day to enjoy some of the mad gainz for yourself. It's fairly addicting once you're in. 👍

HOLA4418
1 minute ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

Fair enough. I'd like to see you get some skin in the game one day to enjoy some of the mad gainz for yourself. It's fairly addicting once you're in. 👍

I am tempted to dump £1K in and forget about it until later this year... it would be no different to putting £1K on a horse, but I just can't seem to do it... I would prefer to put considerably more in when it feels right. I'd like to join the BTC party! 🥤

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
6 minutes ago, warpig said:

I am tempted to dump £1K in and forget about it until later this year... it would be no different to putting £1K on a horse, but I just can't seem to do it... I would prefer to put considerably more in when it feels right. I'd like to join the BTC party! 🥤

Just DCA 

HOLA4421
20 minutes ago, warpig said:

Axiomatic, but the price is rounding off...

And it rounded off and bobbled around for months last year at $9k....before suddenly shooting up to $50k.

As always, the charts tell you nothing useful about the future.

HOLA4422
14 minutes ago, warpig said:

Axiomatic, but the price is rounding off...

image.png.59ebbe632ef5ad193fb545205696c5d8.png

Bitcoin historically has a poor Month in March more often than not. But April is usually a cracker.  I dont think any othe the old hand expected much but sideways movements this March.  

We also have new things to contend with now Bitcoin has institutions involved, quarterly rebalancing.  Ig they have this policy and first invested in Jan / Feb, the large gainz depending on the final March 31st price will see those institutions that have a asset balancing policy need to sell off some of their position in April / May to rebalance their holdings.  

Should work the other way too, if they set a BTC position % and BTC price falls, or other assets outperform it, they should buy more to bring up their BTC position again. 

We have never really had this in Bitcoin before, certainly not on scale. 

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
18 minutes ago, scottbeard said:

And it rounded off and bobbled around for months last year at $9k....before suddenly shooting up to $50k.

As always, the charts tell you nothing useful about the future.

The convergence of 2 channels suggested a potential top. The rounding effect at the same point on the chart, also suggests a top... If the chart stops me buying an interim top, then the chart has done it's job.

HOLA4425